PDA

View Full Version : The Masters

picasso
4/4/2007, 08:53 AM
who's going to win?

I'm betting Jim Nance will sound like a cheese ball.

I think Olaschnozzel will make a familiar run.

I also bet Hairy will drool at his tv looking at some sweet golf shoes.

Do you think anyone's ever taken a whizz in the flowers behind the 12th green?

jk the sooner fan
4/4/2007, 08:58 AM
nick faldo

oh wait......

Chuck Bao
4/4/2007, 09:04 AM
Rembrandt?

Mjcpr
4/4/2007, 09:05 AM
If only there were a clear cut favorite.

Boomer.....
4/4/2007, 09:09 AM
If only there were a clear cut favorite.
There is:
http://i.timeinc.net/golfonline/images/features/sergio.jpg

Mjcpr
4/4/2007, 09:10 AM
Clear cut favorite, not doosh.

jk the sooner fan
4/4/2007, 09:12 AM
nike always beats adidas

picasso
4/4/2007, 09:17 AM
oSu lover John Klein has an article in the Tulsa World wondering if it's Charles Howell's year to win it?

not until Charlie gets a short game.

skycat
4/4/2007, 09:18 AM
Some pipeline company brought my dad down there for a couple of days to watch. He doesn't even like golf that much.

Mjcpr
4/4/2007, 09:19 AM
Frank Broyles had to go back to Arkie from The Masters on account of his new coach bailed.

I'd be more ****ed that I had to leave Augusta.

colleyvillesooner
4/4/2007, 09:19 AM
Time to resurrect the avatar...

Petro-Sooner
4/4/2007, 09:25 AM
Ernie Els!!

OSUAggie
4/4/2007, 09:34 AM
Scott Verplank.

Boomer.....
4/4/2007, 09:40 AM
Funny, no mention of man boobs.

picasso
4/4/2007, 09:41 AM
Ernie Els!!
no way.

picasso
4/4/2007, 09:42 AM
Funny, no mention of man boobs.
I think he'll contend over the weekend and have one hole where he'll put up an 8 or a 9.

OU4LIFE
4/4/2007, 09:44 AM
I'll give you 100 to 1 on Verplank.

weak *waiting on Jed*

OU4LIFE
4/4/2007, 09:45 AM
I'm picking Mickleson to repeat.

MAN BOOBS!

Boomer.....
4/4/2007, 09:45 AM
Not that I like him, but what happened with Singh. He was on top of the world for a while about a year or two ago and then pulled a Duval.

OU4LIFE
4/4/2007, 09:46 AM
Not that I like him, but what happened with Singh. He was on top of the world for a while about a year or two ago and then pulled a Duval.

what are you, nuts....He's only won twice this year already....yeah he fell off the map...

OSUAggie
4/4/2007, 09:46 AM

In (for making the cut).

Boomer.....
4/4/2007, 09:49 AM
what are you, nuts....He's only won twice this year already....yeah he fell off the map...

I meant last year. And he should have some victories considering the fact that he plays just about every tournament. Even this year, you don't hear anyone picking him to win the Masters.

OU4LIFE
4/4/2007, 09:55 AM
He'll be in the mix.....if he brings his putter.

when he brings his putter, he wins...or at least contends. Man he's a streaky putter.

Mjcpr
4/4/2007, 10:23 AM
He'll be in the mix.....if he brings his putter.

when he brings his putter, he wins...or at least contends. Man he's a streaky putter.

I'd think if I forgot it more than once, I'd have to leave the tour.

OU4LIFE
4/4/2007, 10:34 AM
nah, just fire your caddy.

Mjcpr
4/4/2007, 10:48 AM
nah, just fire your caddy.

Woosnam-style?

toast
4/4/2007, 10:53 AM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/golf/_photos/2006-03-28-villegas-ins.jpg

just kidding

dolemitesooner
4/4/2007, 11:04 AM
Tiger will win

dolemitesooner
4/4/2007, 11:07 AM
off the map bitch...lol

He will finsish in the top 10 even with his bad putting

1stTimeCaller
4/4/2007, 11:09 AM
I like that Chi Chi Rodriguez fella. This might be his year.

Boomer.....
4/4/2007, 11:14 AM
I like that Chi Chi Rodriguez fella. This might be his year.
He can sure sling around a putter. :cool:

Fugue
4/4/2007, 11:15 AM
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/8256/mcgavin0ca.jpg

OU4LIFE
4/4/2007, 11:43 AM
SHOOTAH!!

KC//CRIMSON
4/4/2007, 01:50 PM
Eldrick Von Eagle

dolemitesooner
4/4/2007, 02:27 PM
SHOOTAH!!
JACKASS!!!!

sooneron
4/4/2007, 06:52 PM
Van Pelt said DLIII is his darkhorse, but it's Eldrick's to lose. I agree. Has DiMarco been playing well this year? I haven't heard his name much. I always pull for him.

sooneron
4/4/2007, 06:56 PM
NM, DiMarco is stinking it up this year, 95th on the $ list.

picasso
4/4/2007, 07:02 PM
Van Pelt said DLIII is his darkhorse, but it's Eldrick's to lose. I agree. Has DiMarco been playing well this year? I haven't heard his name much. I always pull for him.
Van Pelt's a doosh rocket. just sayin.

Newbomb Turk
4/4/2007, 07:22 PM

DL3's days of contending at Augusta are over. Agree that it's Tiger's to lose.

I have no idea who will win, but I don't think Phil, Ernie or Vijay will win this year. It's either Tiger or some 1st timer - one of the Aussies or somebody like that.

King Crimson
4/4/2007, 07:25 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91553

ahem.

FYI.

Newbomb Turk
4/4/2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91553

ahem.

FYI.

jack's a smart guy

...one of the Aussies or somebody like that.

"I feel like it may be time for one of the Australians to step up," he said.

King Crimson
4/4/2007, 07:48 PM
jack's a smart guy

he's also a big BIG fan of "you know what". no trees, lumpy fairways, etc.

so, yeah, i agree. :D

Newbomb Turk
4/4/2007, 08:35 PM
he's also a big BIG fan of "you know what". no trees, lumpy fairways, etc.

so, yeah, i agree. :D

well, he's not COMPLETELY smart.

King Crimson
4/4/2007, 09:07 PM
huh, yahoo changed my previous link.

before the Sunday round, the network is going to show an hour of footage Nantz had worked to restore...from the Venturi-Palmer duel in 1960.

should be sweet.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 07:56 AM

Verplank charges to the lead!!

-1 thru 2.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 08:04 AM
scotty! they doctored the course ("tradition") just so players like Verplank and not just the long hitters could contend.:rolleyes:

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 08:34 AM
look at Arnie still working the Hogan style curling overlap grip. classic golf. me, i'm an interlock guy.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2007/04/ipt/1175779192.jpg

OU4LIFE
4/5/2007, 08:42 AM
I think if I tried to interlock, i'd break a finger. My digits are sausage shaped.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 08:44 AM
sissy.:rolleyes:

:D

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 08:46 AM
when does the TV coverage start, i don't see anything here until the afternoon?

that can't be right?

Mjcpr
4/5/2007, 08:52 AM
You can watch a few holes online....and the driving range.

http://attblueroom.com/sports/inc_event_mediaplayer/player.php?id=3

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 09:22 AM
when does the TV coverage start, i don't see anything here until the afternoon?

that can't be right?

the PGA site says coverage on USA from 4-7 pm Eastern.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 09:25 AM
for King Crimson, a touching article about Jim Nantz.

Nantz Looks Forward to Another Trip Down Magnolia Lane

Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Art Stricklin
CBS Sports announcer Jim Nantz is just now entering his third decade of Masters Tournament announcing duties, 21 years to be exact, which means he’s a mere babe compared to some of the Masters media veterans who arrive each April.

Yet, Nantz says he’s had Augusta National Golf Club and its annual April tribute to golf and the sports world on his mind for as long as he can remember.
“I can’t tell you if I was 6 or 8 the first time I saw the Masters on TV, but I know I’ve had the Masters on my radar screen for a long, long time.
“It’s always been the top for me. Some things are the gold standard of sports and that’s the Masters Tournament,” Nantz said.

Despite a seemingly non-stop blizzard of work activity for Nantz from the NFL playoffs to the Super Bowl through the 2007 March Madness and Final Four, the 48-year-old CBS signature voice says he can hardy wait for his annual April Masters visit.
“It doesn’t matter how I’m feeling and what I’m doing. Going through the gates at Augusta National is like a vitamin B-12 shot for me. I always look forward to it.”

Nantz’s first Masters Tournament was Jack Nicklaus’ historic 6th victory in 1986 and afterwards former CBS commentator Ken Venturi told him, “you may live to be the first person to broadcast 50 Masters one day, but you will never live to see a day as dramatic as this.”
Something Nantz has found to be true with one, small exception.
“Nothing will ever replace the year in 1992 where Fred (Couples) won the Masters and I interviewed him in Butler Cabin, echoing the scene played out so many times in our suite at college in Houston, where I would use a tape recorder to interview Fred because I told him he would need to learn how to face the media one day.
“I still get tears remembering that.”

But Nantz said he will never, ever forget his first introduction to the Augusta National Golf Club in early 1986.
“I had only been with CBS 6-7 months and got a call in Hawaii that (CBS executive producer) Frank (Chirkinian) needed me in Augusta to shoot the Masters promo pieces in two days. I didn’t have the seniority then to control my schedule, so I went in and told my wife I was leaving Hawaii to go to Augusta, even though I’d take that switch any time.”
When Nantz completed his cross-country trip to Augusta, he was in for another huge surprise in a story he’s never shared publicly.
“The camera crew was four hours late from New York due to bad weather, so I said, ‘Mr Chirkinian, let me know if you need me to do anything else while we wait.’ He replied, “the next thing you’re going to do is play the course.”
“I didn’t know what to do because I didn’t have a shirt, shoes, clubs, anything. He said, ‘follow me, kid,’ and he marched me to the golf shop where he bought me a shirt, shoes, glove, borrowed somebody’s clubs, helped get me paired me with a member, and 15 minutes later I’m standing on the first tee at Augusta too shocked to be nervous.’
Nantz shot an initial 82 at that first impromptu round, but says his love affair with Augusta National Golf Club has grown ever year, regardless of what sport he is handling for CBS during the year.

That was certainly the case during the 2007 Super Bowl in Miami, the first Nantz had broadcast as a play-by-play announcer.
“You won’t believe the grief I took for saying at the Super Bowl site, right before I would broadcast my first Super Bowl, that the Masters was my favorite event, but the reporter asked the question and I had to be honest with the way I feel.”

Nantz played golf in high school and was recruited to the University of Houston where he was briefly a part of the Cougars golf team under legendary coach Dave Williams. His faint dreams of a college or professional golf career quickly ended when he saw fellow suitemates Couples and Blaine McCallister play, but his love for the sport and the Masters Tournament has never dimmed.
“The Masters embodies to me history, heritage and respect for the game, things that are important to me in my own life.”
The annual beauty and seamless tradition is a constant reminder to Nantz why he loves the place and its April Tournament so much, but some Masters memories crowd to the top of his list faster than others.
“Of course the first one with Jack winning in ’86 is always special, along with ’92 because of Fred and ’97 when Tiger broke through with his win.
“Then 2004 was really great with Phil breaking through for his first win and our CBS crew doing such a great job on the final day with holes in one, shots holed from the fairway and Phil’s dramatic charge.”

Because this year’s Final Four is in Atlanta, just two hours from Augusta, Nantz will have a short drive from college basketball’s national championship to the Masters, but it’s a ride he can’t wait to make.
“I’ll be standing on the floor of the Georgia Dome ending the season, maybe shed a silent tear when the theme song comes up and then be ready to head to Augusta to be there early Tuesday morning.”
He may not know what will happen this year, but Nantz says he’s ready to be part of more Masters moments he can replay for himself and millions of viewers over and over again.

NANTZ HONORS PALMER
CBS’ lead announcer Jim Nantz has a special tribute to four-time Masters winner Arnold Palmer this year at the 2007 Masters, the colorized TV version of his 1960 victory prepared by Nantz’s production company.
It will be shown before Sunday’s final round as a tribute to Palmer, an Augusta National Member, to honor what he has meant to the Masters and all of golf, Nantz said.
“I wanted to show two generations of golfers that history and magic,” he added. “and I wanted to do anything I could to make sure Arnold Palmer had a fitting tribute to The King when he turns on the TV for Sunday’s final round.”

picasso
4/5/2007, 09:27 AM
look at Arnie still working the Hogan style curling overlap grip. classic golf. me, i'm an interlock guy.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2007/04/ipt/1175779192.jpg
taken before the head tilt.

In other news. I'm turning down a round of golf today at sweet Lew Wentz in order to get a picture with the old lady in our church directory. My how times have changed.:D

OU4LIFE
4/5/2007, 09:37 AM
taken before the head tilt.

In other news. I'm turning down a round of golf today at sweet Lew Wentz in order to get a picture with the old lady in our church directory. My how times have changed.:D

dude, turn in your man-bits.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 09:39 AM
screw Nantz, if he loved the Master's he'd shut up and let us watch the golf tournament.......and quit trying to be some maudlin Shakespeare. i knew he played at Houston with Couples and whatever. big deal.

“I’ll be standing on the floor of the Georgia Dome ending the season, maybe shed a silent tear when the theme song comes up and then be ready to head to Augusta to be there early Tuesday morning.”

i rest my case. what a maroon. the "theme song", one shining moment....might as well be a tampon ad.

all this tradition BS is a joke. they change all the course so the fancy pants members (like EVERY MAJOR) don't have to sit around the card room, and pass tent, and drink whiskey sours and watch their baby get ***-raped by Tiger going 20 under.

tradition? the Master is 3rd among the majors in "tradition" and history.

Mjcpr
4/5/2007, 09:44 AM
You're drunk.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 09:47 AM
You're drunk.

dispute one thing i've said with a fact.

how about those fake bird noises, that's tradition?

no live coverage til this afternoon? that's tradition?

OU4LIFE
4/5/2007, 09:48 AM
joe Durant is +7 through 9.

poor bastard.

SleestakSooner
4/5/2007, 09:49 AM
http://www.fasthack.com/images/weblog/2006/11/bobbarker-happy.jpg
"You go tell Nantzy boy that I had better be on the top of that list of his. I got your tradition right here beotch!"

dolemitesooner
4/5/2007, 09:50 AM
Why in the **** cant this be on CBS right now

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 09:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-timdahlberg-040407&prov=ap&type=lgns

there was also an article on yahoo with Tom Watson ripping the new set-up, but it's gone now.....heh.

tradition=re-writing the present.

OSUAggie
4/5/2007, 09:52 AM
dispute one thing i've said with a fact.

how about those fake bird noises, that's tradition?

All points agreed over here.

OU4LIFE
4/5/2007, 09:53 AM
wtf does Ian Poulter have on his head.......you can't be serious.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 09:55 AM
wtf does Ian Poulter have on his head.......you can't be serious.

I can only imagine at this point.....oh no!

OU4LIFE
4/5/2007, 09:57 AM
I understand the people who like to push the fashion envelope.....but a white straw fedora?

dude....just go with the spiky hair.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 11:07 AM

yes it is - it's been that way as long as I can remember.

man - you're grumpy today. ;)

SoonerAcesUp
4/5/2007, 11:18 AM
I understand the people who like to push the fashion envelope.....but a white straw fedora?

dude....just go with the spiky hair.

Have you seen the gold shoes that Ogilvy is supposed to wear?

Mjcpr
4/5/2007, 11:21 AM
Seen? He prolly has a pair.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/5/2007, 11:24 AM
Heh.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 11:29 AM
Phil +3 thru 5
Ernie +4 thru 6

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 11:33 AM
yes it is - it's been that way as long as I can remember.

man - you're grumpy today. ;)

I assume by "grumpy" you mean "correct".

no more Disney golf. man against nature. no faking.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 11:40 AM
I assume by "grumpy" you mean "correct".

no more Disney golf. man against nature. no faking.

I won't dispute what you said. Doesn't matter to me though - I still like watching the Masters.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 11:46 AM
I won't dispute what you said. Doesn't matter to me though - I still like watching the Masters.

so do i. but, i'd like it a lot more, and get over teh Nantz hummer of it, if so many former great players weren't against the "new set up".

OU4LIFE
4/5/2007, 11:47 AM
Seen? He prolly has a pair.

jealous.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 12:13 PM
dang - what did I start with the avatar crap?!

picasso
4/5/2007, 12:44 PM
Phil +3 thru 5
Ernie +4 thru 6
both fat and rich. One ain't got it anymore.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 12:47 PM
my avatar is making me sick - I'm switching back.

Scott D
4/5/2007, 12:56 PM
how great would it be if Phil's meltdown last year turned into one of Duval status this year. :D

picasso
4/5/2007, 02:28 PM
golf channel is saying the easiest pins are on the hardest holes. course is playing extremely difficult, greens are faster than they've been the last 10 years.
Fred Funk was out in 36, in in 46.:eek:

picasso
4/5/2007, 02:29 PM
clean-up hitter Wetterich is on a good run.

dolemitesooner
4/5/2007, 02:52 PM
FUZZY zoller is at even........it would be awseome if he got grouped with tiger

OU4LIFE
4/5/2007, 02:52 PM
Seve is +12 through 14.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dolemitesooner
4/5/2007, 02:54 PM
Seve is +12 through 14.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOL

Taxman71
4/5/2007, 03:02 PM

Think they would discuss their favorite meals? Me thinks the rabid tiger fanbase wouldn't get along too well with the rabid Fuzzy fanbase.

dolemitesooner
4/5/2007, 03:12 PM
Think they would discuss their favorite meals? Me thinks the rabid tiger fanbase wouldn't get along too well with the rabid Fuzzy fanbase.
i THINK IT WOULD BE AWSECOMCE

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 03:45 PM
some really great camera work so far. TV flattens everything out, but the long shots back from the greens with a player in the foreground and the sloping fairways in the background give a much better sense of the contour of the golf course than we are used to.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 03:59 PM
Tiger is a stud. just the sick recovery shots.

KC//CRIMSON
4/5/2007, 04:09 PM

Maybe they could have a picnic together in Amen Corner with fried chicken and collard greens.

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2007, 04:33 PM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5849/thatsracistdk6.gif

picasso
4/5/2007, 04:48 PM
Maybe they could have a picnic together in Amen Corner with fried chicken and collard greens.
or whatever the hell it is they eat.

I gotta get me a tape of that theme music. that's Zamphir isn't it?

Chuck Mangione when they break for commercial.

picasso
4/5/2007, 04:49 PM
Wetterich looks like a beer guzzler.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 04:53 PM
I sort of met Fuzzy at the PGA at Southern Hills in 94, he seemed like a real bigtime *******. big rings and Porsche Carrera sunglasses (hey, welcome to 1981 Fuzzy). walking through the people around the clubhouse like he was Caesar Augustus.

KC//CRIMSON
4/5/2007, 05:00 PM
I wonder if he still shops at K-Mart?

picasso
4/5/2007, 05:21 PM
I sort of met Fuzzy at the PGA at Southern Hills in 94, he seemed like a real bigtime *******. big rings and Porsche Carrera sunglasses (hey, welcome to 1981 Fuzzy). walking through the people around the clubhouse like he was Caesar Augustus.
we sat near his twin a few times in Norman @ some games last fall. Camden's cousin has old school season tix on the 40, home side, forget which section but this dude had the tan, the gold chains and the cheesey humor. I also put him and his crew in their place after we beat Tech. They were ragging PT the entire first half before the long TD pass to Kelly.:rolleyes:

anywho, I'll try to get a pic this year. It might be him.:D

1stTimeCaller
4/5/2007, 05:27 PM
is it over yet? Has anyone had trouble with the windmill?

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 06:03 PM
Vijay back to the grammaw putter. i know most of y'all hate Vijay for whatever reason, but he swings at it so good....i can't not respect it. now, he can't putt a lick...so hey.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 06:13 PM
this USA coverage is so much better than the saccharine bullshizz that the weekend will be. even Nantz has been clever and insightful. i know he know he knows the game (played with Couples at Houston U.)...but he's not Shakespeare like he and Enberg will duel for stultifying maudlin poetry braggin rights on Sunday.

and Newbomb Turk will shed a tear. heh.

edit: additionally the camera shots are great.

picasso
4/5/2007, 06:44 PM
yep. I'd still rather see more golf and less journalism. Just show the friggin play.

and I don't hate on VJ.
Sergio maybe.

Faldo is great in the booth. I even liked him when he played.

1stTimeCaller
4/5/2007, 06:51 PM
VJ is a cheater

picasso
4/5/2007, 07:00 PM
VJ is a cheater
go pump a well.

1stTimeCaller
4/5/2007, 07:04 PM
:(

picasso
4/5/2007, 07:13 PM
:(
go yank a tong.

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 07:24 PM
this USA coverage is so much better than the saccharine bullshizz that the weekend will be. even Nantz has been clever and insightful. i know he know he knows the game (played with Couples at Houston U.)...but he's not Shakespeare like he and Enberg will duel for stultifying maudlin poetry braggin rights on Sunday.

and Newbomb Turk will shed a tear. heh.

edit: additionally the camera shots are great.

the great thing about The Masters - minimal commercials. And at least I don't have to listen to Johnny Miller. Yeah-yeah, he knows the game, blah blah blah. He's still a jerk.

picasso
4/5/2007, 07:27 PM
you guys remember the glassy-eyed Hord Hardin? Those were the good ole days as they say.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 07:34 PM
the great thing about The Masters - minimal commercials. And at least I don't have to listen to Johnny Miller. Yeah-yeah, he knows the game, blah blah blah. He's still a jerk.

i don't like Miller that much either. or the "he tells it like it is" rah rah stuff.

though, you are backpeddling about "the great thing about the Masters".....man.

come to the dark side Luke:

http://www.matchplaytours.com/image/IR%20portmarnock%20links.jpg

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 07:40 PM

:les: NEVAR!!!

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2007, 07:45 PM
I only watched about 1/2 hour of the coverage today. At the time, Tiger was in good shape at -1 thru 16. I just looked a the leaderboard and see he dropped a couple on the last few holes. He's still in good shape at +1 though.

picasso
4/5/2007, 07:50 PM
he jacked up a good round.

I might find myself pulling for Wetterich or Toms even.

But we all know it's up to Eldrick.

oh and I like to hear Miller. it makes it more interesting. and he still can't putt.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 08:45 PM
and Camilo Villegas is "famous" for what?

he shot 80 today. but he's got commercials.

Todd Hamilton in at T20. guy hasn't done jack in 2 years...but hey! he's one of ours.

picasso
4/5/2007, 08:59 PM
and Camilo Villegas is "famous" for what?

he shot 80 today. but he's got commercials.

Todd Hamilton in at T20. guy hasn't done jack in 2 years...but hey! he's one of ours.
he's the biggest thing outta Columbia since Pablo Escobar.:D

nice round by Rich Beem too.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 09:15 PM
i heard them say Beem is on his last year of PGA winner exemption at Augusta National.

i give a guy props stepping up to keep it, whatever that means. win, top 20, or make the cut...who knows?

picasso
4/5/2007, 09:20 PM
I just now noticed that the Columbian has on a purple belt and purple and white shoes.

sooneron
4/5/2007, 10:32 PM
I still like Beemer.

GottaHavePride
4/5/2007, 11:22 PM
Bettin' thread is up.

Mjcpr
4/6/2007, 09:56 AM
Tiger +1 after 1.

OU4LIFE
4/6/2007, 10:13 AM
i don't like Miller that much either. or the "he tells it like it is" rah rah stuff.

though, you are backpeddling about "the great thing about the Masters".....man.

http://www.matchplaytours.com/image/IR%20portmarnock%20links.jpg

*boing*

OU4LIFE
4/6/2007, 10:15 AM
I'm just happy that Seve is in dead last place.

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2007, 10:16 AM
Only till Watabu tees off. :D

Mjcpr
4/6/2007, 10:37 AM
Wetterich is -1 through 9. Didn't really see that coming.

picasso
4/6/2007, 10:39 AM
Wetterich is -1 through 9. Didn't really see that coming.
you are speaking as in overall terms right?

Mjcpr
4/6/2007, 10:41 AM
He is -1 today, -4 for the tourney. I figured most of the young leaders would come back a little today but he's hanging in there.

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 10:44 AM

not doing so good today.

+6 on the day thru 15.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 10:44 AM
He is -1 today, -4 for the tourney. I figured most of the young leaders would come back a little today but he's hanging in there.

it's still Friday, but if he can hold the ship and t'row up -4.....that will be something for the pack to think about.

Mjcpr
4/6/2007, 10:45 AM
Also, Tiger is sucking.

picasso
4/6/2007, 10:47 AM
then post the overall score man. that's how we do it in the big leagues.

Mjcpr
4/6/2007, 10:48 AM
WHat part of "-1 through 9" didn't you get?

picasso
4/6/2007, 10:50 AM
WHat part of "-1 through 9" didn't you get?

wasn't just speaking of him.:P

and I saw where Eldrick is +3. I still think he'll be knocking this weekend.

Mjcpr
4/6/2007, 10:52 AM
He seems to start like this every year and every year I think there's no way he can straighten it out and get back in it and every year he does.

We'll see.

Sooner in Tampa
4/6/2007, 11:17 AM
Eldrick may be suffering from the distractions of the impending birth of his kid afterall.

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 11:48 AM
Seve is now at +22, and he's not done. He has a nice 6 shot "lead" on the field for worst score. Breaks my heart.

Villegas is +6 thru 6 today, +14 overall. Nice!

Sooner in Tampa
4/6/2007, 12:48 PM
Eldrick in the drink on 12.

Sooner in Tampa
4/6/2007, 01:09 PM
Eldrick...back in the drink on 13...after a bogey on 12.

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 01:23 PM
looks like Wetterich gave a few back - bogey on 15 and 16.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 03:06 PM
Padraig with a nifty 68 today. Jimmy Furyk with a nice round as well.

Lefty is out of it.

Boomer.....
4/6/2007, 03:12 PM
Tiger ends at +2 and +3 for the tournament. He is still within reach.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 03:18 PM
i like some of the younger player on the LB: H. Stenson, Vaughn Taylor and Z. Johnson. they all seem to have game.

Scott D
4/6/2007, 03:23 PM
Padraig with a nifty 68 today. Jimmy Furyk with a nice round as well.

Lefty is out of it.

I won't be happy until Lefty's scorecard matches that of Gary Player.

Mjcpr
4/6/2007, 03:27 PM
I'm sure they all use a standard scorecard.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 03:44 PM
I won't be happy until Lefty's scorecard matches that of Gary Player.

no reason to hate on Gary Player...he's gonna beat Camilo Villegas.

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 03:45 PM
I'm sure they all use a standard scorecard.

I think Gary Player uses a special scorecard. It's written in South African, so he can read it. Not sure why Scott wants Lefty to use that type of scorecard, but whatever.

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 03:48 PM
Pretty cool - Tim Clark has played the 18th 3 straight times without a putt.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.ebookireland.com/images/lahingh-golf.gif

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 03:59 PM
http://blog.kir.com/archives/augusta%20national.jpg

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 04:03 PM
http://craphound.com/images/candyalndbeads.jpg

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 04:12 PM
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/images/miscImg/grp_edr_bio_rr.jpg

Scott D
4/6/2007, 04:12 PM
no reason to hate on Gary Player...he's gonna beat Camilo Villegas.

I like Player...I just want Lefty's final score to resemble Player's final score. At least Camilo has better taste in coordination than Sergio :D

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 04:15 PM
Tom Watson at +5. Good jorb Tom - hold it together.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 04:15 PM
Rachel is a genius. look. she's got a bowl full of yellow apples and was "caught" in the middle of chopping sage. the looser the wasteband, the deeper quicksand.....so i have read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MlwM2r1GiU

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 04:17 PM
Rachel is a genius. look. she's got a bowl full of yellow apples and was "caught" in the middle of chopping sage. the looser the wasteband, the deeper quicksand.....so i have read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MlwM2r1GiU

grumpy again today.

:P

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 04:20 PM
Phil is spending some time in jail.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 04:22 PM
that drive on 18 is SO narrow.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 04:23 PM
grumpy again today.

:P

what, you don't like the Tap?

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 04:25 PM
what did Phil get relief from?

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 04:26 PM

nevermind.

Scott D
4/6/2007, 04:27 PM

pepto-bismol

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 08:20 PM
this Masters sucks - I can't wait for the British Open....real golf.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 08:33 PM
this Masters sucks - I can't wait for the British Open....real golf.

now yer talking. Carnoustie is going eat up the field and look so boring on TV you'll want to hang me under a bridge. no flash, all hard. every hole you stand on the tee box and think: "damn, what the hell?".

great people around Carnoustie. it's kinda out in the sticks and great pubs across the street. they will buy ya a pint to hear how bad their golf course kicked your ***. greatness.

Newbomb Turk
4/6/2007, 08:37 PM
Carnoustie is going eat up the field and look so boring on TV you'll want to hang me under a bridge.

I'm considering a sig line...

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 08:40 PM
dude, it's not even on the coast.....haha!

it's gonna be great. i've still got my yardage book around here somewhere.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 08:42 PM
I'm considering a sig line...

they have a big *** picture in the clubhouse there with the sign holder guy for teh Sergio/Norman/some one else group. it's Garcia +17 (he shot 93), Norman +11 and whoever else. it's in the sticks and the people are sadists. and proud of their golf course. it's so cool.

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2007, 03:58 PM
Barring a major stumble down the stretch, Tiger is in good shape for another jacket.

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2007, 06:14 PM
he's in even better shape now - since noboby can seem to make a par.

I feel like I'm watching the US Open, with the over par scores.

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2007, 06:38 PM
that's as nasty as I've ever seen Augusta play.

tulsaoilerfan
4/7/2007, 07:54 PM
Well i guess the Lords of Augusta are happy now; they have finally made the course almost unplayable

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2007, 07:55 PM
Well i guess the Lords of Augusta are happy now; they have finally made the course almost unplayable

I don't think they meant for the course to play that difficult. The winds, particularly north winds - made it tougher than usual.

SleestakSooner
4/8/2007, 12:10 AM
how great would it be if Phil's meltdown last year turned into one of Duval status this year. :D

not

great

at

all :(

Scott D
4/8/2007, 09:22 AM
sleestak be lovin him some mickelson..nttawwt.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 03:19 PM
10,000th post might as well be in a golf thread.

this is shaping up to be a really good Sunday back 9.

Wouldn't mind seeing Goosen win a jacket.

Rogue
4/8/2007, 03:27 PM
10,000th post might as well be in a golf thread.

this is shaping up to be a really good Sunday back 9.

Wouldn't mind seeing Goosen win a jacket.

THIS is what you do with 10k?! :confused:

I had my hopes up way too high. Nonetheless, as soon as I can SSRA you deserve some green.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 03:30 PM
THIS is what you do with 10k?! :confused:

I had my hopes up way too high. Nonetheless, as soon as I can SSRA you deserve some green.

sorry to let you down. I did have another idea for an elaborate thread, but I was too lazy to put it together. I'm not gonna say what it was though, cause I might save it for another time. :)

birddog
4/8/2007, 03:37 PM
he's in even better shape now - since noboby can seem to make a par.

I feel like I'm watching the US Open, with the over par scores.

amen, those greens are pretty intimidating out there.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 03:44 PM
I'm surprised by Tiger's play so far today. I thought he'd run away and hide.

Really impressed with the way Sabbatini has played so far.

Scott D
4/8/2007, 03:50 PM
after that tee shot on 11 he might want to hide. I'd rather see Goosen win it more than anyone else on the leaderboard. So what's up with Phillip? Has he totally bombed out another Sunday?

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 03:54 PM
after that tee shot on 11 he might want to hide. I'd rather see Goosen win it more than anyone else on the leaderboard. So what's up with Phillip? Has he totally bombed out another Sunday?

and tiger has one less club.

Phil's triple on the 1st killed his chances today. +4 on the day.

Scott D
4/8/2007, 03:55 PM
be interesting to see if Eldrick gets a replacement club. I'm pulling for Phillip to get a +10 on the day.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 03:57 PM
Tiger isn't gonna go away. He doesn't have his A-game today, but his B-game is pretty good. He's darn determined.

Sooner98
4/8/2007, 03:58 PM
Holy crap, I just turned it on, and the first thing I saw was a club on the ground, bent at a 90 degree angle. I instantly thought to myself, "That's got to be Tiger's club." Sure enough....

What exactly happened there, anyway?

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 03:59 PM
Holy crap, I just turned it on, and the first thing I saw was a club on the ground, bent at a 90 degree angle. I instantly thought to myself, "That's got to be Tiger's club." Sure enough....

he was behind a tree - tried a punch-shot and the club hit the tree on the follow thru.

Scott D
4/8/2007, 04:12 PM

yeah he let go of that club on the backswing from making contact with that tree real fast, then broke it in half.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 04:16 PM
That Tiger chip-in on 16 is still one of the most amazing shots I have ever seen.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 04:22 PM
Tiger will make eagle at 13.

game on.

soonernation
4/8/2007, 04:23 PM
That Tiger chip-in on 16 is still one of the most amazing shots I have ever seen.

That one wasn't bad either.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 04:26 PM
That one wasn't bad either.

nice shot, but I think he was a little fortunate that it came back down as far as it did.

The rest of the contenders will pucker up a little when they see his score posted - assuming he makes the putt.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 04:30 PM
Zach just puckered.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 04:44 PM
Nice comeback on 16 by Johnson.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 04:54 PM
Mr. Woods went for it on 15 and just may be out of it now.

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 05:03 PM
heck of an up and down by Tiger. Gives himself a bit of a chance.

Scott D
4/8/2007, 05:14 PM
Perception is a funny thing...generally speaking people think Johnson is lucky to even be playing past Friday.

Scott D
4/8/2007, 05:20 PM
and here goes Nantz overdramatizing things again.

PrideTrombone
4/8/2007, 05:23 PM
And golf now joins the ranks of sports where the athletes thank Jesus for their performance.

tulsaoilerfan
4/8/2007, 05:40 PM
So is Zach Johnson on the top 10 list of least known golfers to win a major?

Sooner24
4/8/2007, 05:44 PM
And golf now joins the ranks of sports where the athletes thank Jesus for their performance.

Who should they thank, Beelzebub?

PrideTrombone
4/8/2007, 06:10 PM
Who should they thank, Beelzebub?

I'm just sayin' that Jesus probably has more important things to worry about. Besides, if He loves everyone, then really, he wouldn't necessarily be on someone's side, would he?

colleyvillesooner
4/8/2007, 06:22 PM
I'm just sayin' that Jesus probably has more important things to worry about. Besides, if He loves everyone, then really, he wouldn't necessarily be on someone's side, would he?

Just displaying his faith. I got no problem with that, you heathen. ;)

Newbomb Turk
4/8/2007, 06:25 PM

shame on him - especially on Easter.

Good job Zach.

PrideTrombone
4/8/2007, 06:32 PM
Just displaying his faith. I got no problem with that, you heathen. ;)

I realize I'm in the minority where I view faith as a private thing. I'll just leave it at that. Congrats to Johnson though. Great accomplishment for him.

Blue
4/8/2007, 06:38 PM
I realize I'm in the minority where I view faith as a private thing. I'll just leave it at that. Congrats to Johnson though. Great accomplishment for him.

That would kind of go against the whole purpose of Christianity. "Spread the good news" and all...

Tiger looked human today...

VeeJay
4/8/2007, 06:44 PM
Some people actually put things in the order of God, Family, and Career.

Zach didn't just "thank gaw-ud" for the win. He referred to Easter. Well, shame on him, I guess, in the eyes of the politically correct set for speaking from the heart.

StoopTroup
4/8/2007, 07:38 PM
We kept laughing that the Black Asian Devil was on 16 preparing to take what was rightfully his away from Zach...

He was definitely feeling overwhelmed with the possibility that he may have won the Masters even though Tiger was still in the hunt.

I would have been on both knees waiting for Tiger to finish.

The way Zach was...if Tiger had taken it to a playoff...Zach would have choked more than likely.

bri
4/8/2007, 07:53 PM
Some people actually put things in the order of God, Family, and Career.

Zach didn't just "thank gaw-ud" for the win. He referred to Easter. Well, shame on him, I guess, in the eyes of the politically correct set for speaking from the heart.

Way to blow a simple observation out of proportion.

picasso
4/8/2007, 09:04 PM
I've never understood this logic. And that includes Bob Costas.
When a believer says he "gives it all to his lord Jesus" or "I give him all the glory" it simply means one drew strength or inspiration from their God. Tiger draws his from his mental toughness he got from his father.

It's not like a guy is saying I thank Jesus for helping me beat all the other folks in the tournament. :rolleyes: :)
I thank God everyday for giving me the ability to draw and paint, it doesn't mean I want him to help me paint better than any other heathen out there.

C'monnnn, try a little harder there.

picasso
4/8/2007, 09:06 PM
Nantz and his Iron Will comment made me wanna toss my cookies.

I also liked how he mentioned we weren't seeing the field fold in the shadow of Tiger as per usual. of course this only happens when Tiger is actually playing well. which Faldo tried to point out.:D

oh well, I was pulling for Appleby.

Cam
4/8/2007, 09:30 PM
Wrapping a club around a tree hurts.

Those greens were amazingly fast.

tulsaoilerfan
4/8/2007, 09:49 PM
This was the most boring Masters i have seen since i started following golf in 1980; if i want to watch players struggle to break par then i can watch US Open Highlights

Newbomb Turk
4/9/2007, 06:41 AM
This was the most boring Masters i have seen since i started following golf in 1980; if i want to watch players struggle to break par then i can watch US Open Highlights

I thought it was boring as a whole, but the back 9 today I thought was pretty good. Agree about the tough scoring conditions.

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:49 AM
don't you think mother nature played a part in the conditions? the only way they could have made it easier was by keeping the place watered down.

and the only reason Sunday was scored a bit better was because of the traditional pins. no?

JohnnyMack
4/9/2007, 09:53 AM
Dear Tiger,

It's called the fairway.

You should try and hit the ball there.

Thanks,

Harvey Penick.

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:58 AM
Dear Tiger,

It's called the fairway.

You should try and hit the ball there.

Thanks,

Harvey Pencil**ck.

:eek:

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:59 AM
Dear Tiger,

It's called the fairway.

You should try and hit the ball there on #15 on your second shot.

Thanks,

Harvey Penick.

fixed.

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 09:59 AM
this ain't the NBA folks, it's golf. Scoring SHOULD be hard. If you want to watch a pitch and putt, then tune in to the Phoenix Open. I personally enjoy seeing the greatest in the world put to the test and challenged.

I thought the last 13 holes Sunday were great, lot's of movement, mistakes, great shots to save par...everything.

Scott D
4/9/2007, 10:12 AM
only thing the Masters missed was Phil equalling Seve's scorecard on the first two days.

Newbomb Turk
4/9/2007, 11:39 AM
don't you think mother nature played a part in the conditions?

yes - from Saturday:

I don't think they meant for the course to play that difficult. The winds, particularly north winds - made it tougher than usual.

Newbomb Turk
4/9/2007, 11:42 AM
this ain't the NBA folks, it's golf.

actually, my current golf game resembles NBA scoring. 110 to 105 sounds about right.

dolemitesooner
4/9/2007, 11:48 AM
My disc golf game represents Ou basketball scoring 52- 65

C&CDean
4/9/2007, 12:37 PM
So, who won?

This is the first time in a long time I didn't at least catch the last couple holes on Sunday.

Scott D
4/9/2007, 12:38 PM
some kid nobody but Ryder Cup watchers heard of, and won't hear from again ;)

Mjcpr
4/9/2007, 01:02 PM
Zach Johnson

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 01:03 PM
Zach Johnson, Dean.

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 01:04 PM
Zach Johnson

get off my coat tails, squeek.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/9/2007, 01:08 PM
Who had the most fly shoes?

Mjcpr
4/9/2007, 01:12 PM

I'll let Hairy answer that one for Chris.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/9/2007, 01:18 PM
Hee hee...

C&CDean
4/9/2007, 01:55 PM
Zach Johnson, Dean.

Is he American?

Mjcpr
4/9/2007, 01:58 PM
Yep....he's from Iowa.

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 02:04 PM
Is this Heaven?

Scott D
4/9/2007, 02:06 PM

Camilo Villegas was dreamy

:stunned:

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 02:13 PM
Is he American?

mostly.

and I had the best shoes, but I didn't get to play. They must have sent my invitation letter to the wrong address.

C&CDean
4/9/2007, 02:22 PM
Well as long as one of those damn foreigners didn't win it I'm good.

Xstnlsooner
4/9/2007, 02:43 PM
I hate to be prejudiced, but I'm the same way.;)