PDA

View Full Version : If you've never watched 5 and 6 year olds

Sooner_Bob
4/3/2007, 09:56 PM
play soccer you're truly missing out on some hilarious stuff.

Our youngest had her first game ever tonight and flat out loved it.

:D

Widescreen
4/3/2007, 10:06 PM
Awesome. I'm coaching my 7 year old son's team. It's his 1st year too. He likes the fact that I'm coaching his team than he does the soccer itself.

Soonerus
4/3/2007, 10:08 PM
It is the highest form of comedy....nothing close...

Sooner_Bob
4/3/2007, 10:09 PM
She's 5 and is one of the bigger kids out there. It didn't take her long to get the hip check down.

She actually scored a goal (for the other team) and was just a little embarrassed, but loved it anyway.

goingoneight
4/3/2007, 10:11 PM
I don't know, wait until mighty mite football or teeball, that ****'s funny as all get out! :D

Hamhock
4/4/2007, 08:02 AM
my 5 y/o nephew scored 11 goals in his first game.

the score was 10-1.

true story.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2007, 08:06 AM
Awesome. I'm coaching my 7 year old son's team. It's his 1st year too. He likes the fact that I'm coaching his team than he does the soccer itself.
Don't turn into an a-hole and he'll always appreciate it.

Some of us weren't as fortunate with Coach Dad.

Hatfield
4/4/2007, 09:04 AM
at that age it looks more like a rugby scrum than a soccer game :)

cute little things.

rufnek05
4/4/2007, 09:30 AM
my parents alwasy called it "herd ball" at that age

MamaMia
4/4/2007, 09:30 AM
They are precious to watch. :D

Hamhock
4/4/2007, 09:42 AM
my parents alwasy called it "herd ball" at that age

we call it amoeba ball. the nucleus stays the same, but the mass surrounding it changes form.

Fugue
4/4/2007, 09:59 AM
But for the love of all things good in this world, do not be the parent who forgets the post game snacks.

:O

Viking Kitten
4/4/2007, 10:01 AM
SNACK FORGETTER!!!!

Fugue
4/4/2007, 10:07 AM
In about 10 minutes, word had spread to every kid in the 5 year old soccer playing community. :(

Yeah, those kneebiters are precious right up until they don't get their honeybun after the game.

Viking Kitten
4/4/2007, 10:11 AM
I've made more than one hurried half-time trip to the grocery store. :O

Fugue
4/4/2007, 10:16 AM
Heh, that's the worst, well almost the worst. Get to the game and suddenly realize it's your week. Then you miss most of the game standing in line at snack n crack.

Widescreen
4/4/2007, 12:00 PM
Our kids don't get a post-game snack if they lose. Instead, they get to run 10 laps around the field.

That'll learn 'em.

;)

rufnek05
4/4/2007, 12:46 PM
we call it amoeba ball. the nucleus stays the same, but the mass surrounding it changes form.

haha, amoeba ball. thats awesome.

and post game snacks were the best. i remember during little league baseball we hated to be the last team to play, cus the snack bar closed down before the last game was over, and if it was closed we couldn't get snow cones.

Petro-Sooner
4/4/2007, 12:53 PM
We never got snacks after little league games. It was always soda. Usually shasta. :rolleyes: :mad: :D

Pricetag
4/4/2007, 12:55 PM
Our kids don't get a post-game snack if they lose. Instead, they get to run 10 laps around the field.

That'll learn 'em.

;)
The coach of a team I played on would bring cupcakes for the team to practice the week after a win. After one loss that must have been particularly frustrating to him, he gave us empty wrappers the next week.

My seven-year-old niece played basketball this winter, and those games were a real hoot to watch, especially my niece. She played defense regardless of who had possession of the ball. She would "guard" her man when her team was on offense--she had no interest in getting the ball.

Pricetag
4/4/2007, 12:56 PM
We never got snacks after little league games. It was always soda. Usually shasta. :rolleyes: :mad: :D
You got orange slices at half time, though, right? That was a soccer staple. I dug the Shasta. There were always like a jillion different flavors to choose from.

Petro-Sooner
4/4/2007, 01:00 PM
Nope, just shasta. Black Cherry wasnt bad. I did soccer in kindergarden I think but that was way to long ago to remember what we had after the games.

Fugue
4/4/2007, 01:04 PM
The coach of a team I played on would bring cupcakes for the team to practice the week after a win. After one loss that must have been particularly frustrating to him, he gave us empty wrappers the next week.

My seven-year-old niece played basketball this winter, and those games were a real hoot to watch, especially my niece. She played defense regardless of who had possession of the ball. She would "guard" her man when her team was on offense--she had no interest in getting the ball.

Defense wins championships. :texan:

birddog
4/4/2007, 01:32 PM
soccer is a great sport for kids and can give them some good experiences if they play past 12 years old. i was able to play in tournamants all over the country and overseas when i reached the age of 13. those are some pretty damn good memories i'll be able to hold on to.

Widescreen
4/4/2007, 02:46 PM
Wow, does that sound familiar. My son did the same thing. I'm over in the stands yelling "Conor, you're on offense! Get away from that kid!" :D

BajaOklahoma
4/4/2007, 04:47 PM
Lil Baja started playing when she was four. She was the only kid on the field who knew to change sides at the half. At that age, they didn't have goalies, so Coach put her in as a back. She defended the goal, not allowing any goals. Then he put her in as a forward and she dribbled straight to the goal. We called it packball.
It pays to play with much older brothers and their friends. :D

silverwheels
4/4/2007, 05:13 PM
My parents and coaches called it "bunchball" when I was playing at that age.

OCUDad
4/4/2007, 05:25 PM
Our son played soccer from age 5 to about age 14. In the early years, we referred to the action as "swarm of bees soccer." Always a few stragglers on the outskirts of the swarm.

Ike
4/4/2007, 06:15 PM
But for the love of all things good in this world, do not be the parent who forgets the post game snacks.

It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, but who brings the cokes after the game.

Widescreen
4/4/2007, 09:48 PM
Some of my teammates always brought Cragmont cola from Safeway. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I always made sure my mom brought the good stuff.

bluedogok
4/4/2007, 09:56 PM
My 4 y.o. nephew just started, we will have to catch a game the next time we are up there.