PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is there to "negotiate" in Iran?

achiro
4/3/2007, 08:27 AM
They keep saying stuff about negotiations and I have to wonder what they are negotiating at this point? Anyone been paying close enough attention to know the answer?

Okla-homey
4/3/2007, 08:42 AM
I say we just kill all the Persians...we're going to have to do that sooner or later anyway.;)

OUDoc
4/3/2007, 08:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they'll lock me up and throw away the key.

Okla-homey
4/3/2007, 08:53 AM
Them Persians been itchin' fer a fight since '78 when they put that crazy ayatollah in charge. I say we ante-up and dare 'em to draw them smokepoles.

MojoRisen
4/3/2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah- no negotiations with Terriost Regimes... Give back the soldiers or face more sanctions and possible conflict- not less sanctions.

SoonerProphet
4/3/2007, 09:11 AM
territorial integrity and sovereignty over the Shatt al Arab waterway.

Okla-homey
4/3/2007, 09:13 AM

I think 13 miles from the high-tide line is pretty much the generally accepted territorial limit under international norms.

How far out were the blokes?

Mjcpr
4/3/2007, 09:15 AM
Iranians grabbed Brits in response to a botched US raid a few weeks ago....supposedly.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263480,00.html

MamaMia
4/3/2007, 09:45 AM
I've started paying attention after I saw the guy from Syria and the other one from Iran come right out and say Americans are evil and that we all need to die. The fact that they're getting all lovey dovey with the Russians is making me feel very uneasy.

What I'm beginning to think is that the Iranian head honchos are seeing just how far they can push us all. Right now, its the Brits turn. It may have a lot to do with sanctions, or any possible sanctions. Its a test. They're involving the Brits because they are our allies. The British have a history and reputation of not putting up with a whole lot, so in this case the Iranians are feeling them out to see what they may be up against. I think the Iranians will let them go pretty soon just to try to make themselves look all merciful and diplomatic.

When it comes to war, all that strategy stuff is what all the generals and the admirals are use to doing. They get together with all their fellow war experts and make war decisions about bombing this and that and the other using a bunch of magnetic planes and ships and some colorful push pins and charts. I suppose hats how they have done it for ages. Thats what costs so much money and doesn't really make any sense to me anyway. We have big guns now, so we don't have to mess around with all that anymore. The people we are killing are just puppets for the creep du jour. Kill him. It cant be that hard to get to the main trouble maker.

Maybe its just me, but I don't go for all this *****footin' around.
Even if just one of your own gets "seized", beheaded, or dragged through the streets naked and hung from the town square fig tree, in some another country we should send in some spy's, find the guy in charge and kill him or just bomb his house when hes home watching himself on CNN. If his people don't like it, then bomb them too.

SoonerProphet
4/3/2007, 09:49 AM
I think 13 miles from the high-tide line is pretty much the generally accepted territorial limit under international norms.

How far out were the blokes?

Well, whether the Brits were even in their waterways or not seems to be what they are "negotiating" about.

mdklatt
4/3/2007, 10:06 AM
They keep saying stuff about negotiations and I have to wonder what they are negotiating at this point? Anyone been paying close enough attention to know the answer?

I know the Iranians want a formal apology from the UK for "violating" their territorial sovereignty.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/3/2007, 10:08 AM
I think we still have in custody the Iranian agents we arrested several weeks ago in Kurdish Iraq. They are a bit peeved about that. I think that is the negotiation they speak about. They want us to release these provocateurs.

MojoRisen
4/3/2007, 10:10 AM
It is so close and accidental that - there is nothing to negotiate about- they were siezed did not fight and now need to be released.

It is totally a test and given the opportunity shows how aggressive Iran is let alone testing underwater missles from their navy ect. and enriching uranium.

They look like asshats and the question is weather or not we have resolve along with other concerned countries to deal with these aggressors.

This is non negotiable- and the iranian people are calling for them too be hanged as spy's... come on. if we are there too negotiate something hope they are prepared to apply reprocution in case Iran decides to push the envelope further.

MamaMia
4/3/2007, 10:24 AM
What I found perplexing is that the Brits told us Americans to stay out of it. They don't even want the Americans to make any statements about their hostage situation. :confused:

OklahomaTuba
4/3/2007, 10:26 AM
Iranians grabbed Brits in response to a botched US raid a few weeks ago....supposedly.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263480,00.html

We all knew at some point the US & Bush would be blamed for this.

I am sure when Iran starts "defending" themselves by planting IEDs under our men and woman fighting in Iraq, the loons will blame Bush for that as well.

Oh, wait...

Flagstaffsooner
4/3/2007, 10:37 AM
Nuke 'em 'til they glow!
http://www.rubyan.com/politics/SlimPickens.jpg

royalfan5
4/3/2007, 10:42 AM
What I found perplexing is that the Brits told us Americans to stay out of it. They don't even want the Americans to make any statements about their hostage situation. :confused:
Probably cause they've seen our track record with hostages in Iran. They don't want anybody trying anything Perot-esqe.

It will do the Brits good to have their Jimmy Carter learn a lesson. Hell, yesterday he was apologizing for the Falklands War.

OklahomaTuba
4/3/2007, 01:00 PM
Probably cause they've seen our track record with hostages in Iran. They don't want anybody trying anything Perot-esqe.

It will do the Brits good to have their Jimmy Carter learn a lesson. Hell, yesterday he was apologizing for the Falklands War.

Just pitiful.

I HAD so much respect for Blair, but he's gone back to his liberal roots of appeasement, inaction, and indecision.

Iran should have been given an ultimatum, return our sailors in 48 hours, or else.

OklahomaTuba
4/3/2007, 01:06 PM

Sure...

According to a U.S. Army report out of Iraq obtained by U.S. News, American troops, acting as advisers for Iraqi border guards, were recently surrounded and attacked by a larger unit of Iranian soldiers, well within the border of Iraq.

The report highlights the details: A platoon of Iranian soldiers on the Iraqi side of the border fired rocket-propelled grenades and used small arms against a joint patrol of U.S. and Iraqi soldiers east of Balad Ruz. Four Iraqi Army soldiers, one interpreter, and one Iraqi border policeman remain unaccounted for after the September incident in eastern Diyala, 75 miles east of Baghdad.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/070323/23iran.htm

MamaMia
4/3/2007, 01:16 PM

It will do the Brits good to have their Jimmy Carter learn a lesson. Hell, yesterday he was apologizing for the Falklands War. Jeepers, that was kinda pansy-ish. I would think that apologizing for bombing islands would be improper etiquette. :P

OklahomaTuba
4/3/2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/triumph/hitler-chamberlain.jpg

How soon people forget about the results of appeasing the mad.

Mjcpr
4/3/2007, 01:26 PM
They don't look mad at all.

OklahomaTuba
4/3/2007, 01:32 PM
Well, if you're going to appease, appease with a smile at least.

http://www.japanfocus.org/images/UserFiles/Image/kim.albright.jpg

And a nice glass of the bubblie.

Mjcpr
4/3/2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.injusticebusters.com/index.htg/00001/saddam_Rumsfeld.jpg

usmc-sooner
4/3/2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/10-04/1001rw.jpg

usmc-sooner
4/3/2007, 01:46 PM
http://www.wisecounty.com/themuse/Mack_Brown_Switzer_Stoops.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/3/2007, 01:59 PM
Jeepers, that was kinda pansy-ish. I would think that apologizing for bombing islands would be improper etiquette. :PIt was that mean old Margaret Thatcher who had the audacity to keep the Falklands a British territory. Nasty old biddy!

SoonerProphet
4/3/2007, 02:32 PM
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=7063&rendTypeId=4

WILBURJIM
4/3/2007, 02:36 PM
Sure...

It is worth noting that the attempt to kidnap the American patrol at the border was back in Sept 06. The killing of American soldiers with the EFP device has been ongoing. The kidnap and killing of 5 American soldiers out of Karbala was just after the 5 Iranian "diplomats" were seized in Abril. There is definitely alot of back and forth between us and Iran. It is said that over 300 Iranian or Iranian agents are currently being held by us. The Brits are involved mainly because they were easy targets.

In all seriousness, we have not struck at Iran in equal measures. We have limited our response to Iranian provocations. That grace period may be coming to an end.

SoonerProphet
4/3/2007, 02:45 PM
Sure...

Umm, you are aware that territorial waters and issues of soveriegnty are what is at the heart of "negotiations"...right?

Hamhock
4/3/2007, 02:50 PM
They don't look mad at all.

the guy in the background is ****ed.

Tear Down This Wall
4/3/2007, 02:56 PM
Look, they're just putting off the inevitable buttkicking of Iran. The same preliminary b.s. of going through the worthless U.N. is where we are now. You see, it's not politically correct to just go kick someone's as*s anymore. You've got to get the permission of every last damn communist and pasty-faced, bedwetting "one-worlder" on the planet.

In a show of blind ignorance, Iran has taken British sailors prisoner. The former student hostage taker who now leads Iran to its destruction has no clue about what type of brutal as*s-whipping will soon be upon him.

Sadly, there are millions of Iranians who would just a readily go back to being friends of the West as they were 30 years ago. The gutless Jimmy Carter sold them up the river and radical Islam has been on the loose ever since.

Now, fittingly, he runs around like the supreme jackas*s he's always been talking about peace. No one has been responsible for the indirect murder of more people on the planet than that worthless wretch of a man from the Georgia peanut farm. What an f'n joke.

Once Iran's beating of a leader is hoisted on his own patard, Syria will crumble, as will the faggy little islamofascist cowards down in Palestine who strap bombs onto their four and five year old kids.

F-em all. Pathetic bunch of baalists. Cutting and mutilating themselves in the name of a god that doesn't exist. Outisde of the Nazis, the world has never seen a lower form of scum than these miscreants.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/3/2007, 03:19 PM
Look, they're just putting off the inevitable buttkicking of Iran. The same preliminary b.s. of going through the worthless U.N. is where we are now. You see, it's not politically correct to just go kick someone's as*s anymore. You've got to get the permission of every last damn communist and pasty-faced, bedwetting "one-worlder" on the planet.

In a show of blind ignorance, Iran has taken British sailors prisoner. The former student hostage taker who now leads Iran to its destruction has no clue about what type of brutal as*s-whipping will soon be upon him.

Sadly, there are millions of Iranians who would just a readily go back to being friends of the West as they were 30 years ago. The gutless Jimmy Carter sold them up the river and radical Islam has been on the loose ever since.

Now, fittingly, he runs around like the supreme jackas*s he's always been talking about peace. No one has been responsible for the indirect murder of more people on the planet than that worthless wretch of a man from the Georgia peanut farm. What an f'n joke.

Once Iran's beating of a leader is hoisted on his own patard, Syria will crumble, as will the faggy little islamofascist cowards down in Palestine who strap bombs onto their four and five year old kids.

F-em all. Pathetic bunch of baalists. Cutting and mutilating themselves in the name of a god that doesn't exist. Outisde of the Nazis, the world has never seen a lower form of scum than these miscreants.Calling TU Sooner, and all the other Jimmuh Carter apologists!

WILBURJIM
4/3/2007, 03:49 PM
Umm, you are aware that territorial waters and issues of soveriegnty are what is at the heart of "negotiations"...right?

I think the Iranians know, quite well they violated Iraqi territorial waters. I don't think
there is any negotiations being done about boundries/territorial waters.
Negotiations are about getting some people back to their respective countries and making Britain, cry UNCLE.

SoonerGirl06
4/3/2007, 11:07 PM
The last thing the British need to do is try and appease the Iranians. That will only empower them more thus causing further problems and lengthening the inevitable... which will be bombing them into oblivion... courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2007, 09:31 AM

Again, what does sending terrorists into Iraq to kill our troops have to do with their soveriengnty???

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2007, 09:33 AM
The killing of American soldiers with the EFP device has been ongoing. The kidnap and killing of 5 American soldiers out of Karbala was just after the 5 Iranian "diplomats" were seized in Abril. There is definitely alot of back and forth between us and Iran.

Wow, all that over some stupid water way.

Oh wait..

Mjcpr
4/4/2007, 09:41 AM
The sailors have been "pardoned" and will be released.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/04/iran.sailors/index.html

SoonerProphet
4/4/2007, 09:44 AM
Again, what does sending terrorists into Iraq to kill our troops have to do with their soveriengnty???

What do "terrorists" going into Iraq have to do with the Iranians taking British seamen hostage? Seems from the CNN article the dispute lies in the dispute of the Shatt Al Arab waterway.

mdklatt
4/4/2007, 09:51 AM
The sailors have been "pardoned" and will be released.

The neocons are going to be so dissapointed that we didn't have to blow anything up.

mdklatt
4/4/2007, 09:53 AM
What do "terrorists" going into Iraq have to do with the Iranians taking British seamen hostage? Seems from the CNN article the dispute lies in the dispute of the Shatt Al Arab waterway.

It's all part Iran's plan to keep pushing our buttons.

SoonerProphet
4/4/2007, 09:54 AM
Those damn Persians.

OklahomaTuba
4/4/2007, 11:07 AM
What do "terrorists" going into Iraq have to do with the Iranians taking British seamen hostage?

"terrorists"???? Nice. Why not just call them freedom fighters while you are at it?

I think it is pretty damn obvious what they have to do with each other.

WILBURJIM
4/4/2007, 11:25 AM
The neocons are going to be so dissapointed that we didn't have to blow anything up.
I don't think anyone in this admin thought that they'd need to blow anything up over this issue.

However, the Iranian quest for nukes may have someone bombing the s**t out of them.