PDA

View Full Version : About Florida...

goingoneight
4/2/2007, 10:39 PM
Anyone besides me think that they're gonna have a giant "hate-me-now" target on them come September? :D Good, I'm tired of it being on us. :D

ESPN talking heads concur: GREATEST ATHLETIC PROGRAM EVAR!!! :rolleyes:

theboz44
4/2/2007, 11:18 PM
yeah i got pretty sick of them when i saw the pic of urban myer giving backhand highfives to his players after they jumped michigan to get in the title game...who the hell names their kid urban btw??

GottaHavePride
4/2/2007, 11:25 PM
Popes.

goingoneight
4/2/2007, 11:30 PM
I personally don't give a rat's *** how they do. Stoops is from Florida, so they got my vote as long as they aren't playing OU.

It's been so long since Switzer was at Arkansas, that I really can't see any reason to root for that confusing mess of a program when they square off with UF.

They, folks... are the new USC. The new Oklahoma. The New Notre Dame. Enjoy the target that comes with success. Enjoy yourself when your entire program is satirized by a single loss. We feel your pain.

Tear Down This Wall
4/3/2007, 03:05 PM
I wish we had their Athletic Director.

SteelClip49
4/3/2007, 05:04 PM
Obviously they aren't the greatest athletic program ever; they have yet to win a CWS national title. If they win one then they join Michigan and Ohio State to win the big 3 (baseball, basketball, football).

Florida did become the 2nd school to win 2 football titles and 2 basketball titles. The other is Michigan State (MBB 1979, 2000; FB 1952, 1965).

OU would be there if it wasn't for that darn Danny Manning in 1988 and the idiot coaching job by Sampson in the 2002 national semifinal vs. Indiana.

josh09
4/3/2007, 05:49 PM
Anyone besides me think that they're gonna have a giant "hate-me-now" target on them come September? :D Good, I'm tired of it being on us. :D

They had one year where all their programs happened to be pretty good at the same time, but this doesnt make them the best program ever. If they won another championship or two in the next year though, id consider calling them that.

Wow theyve kinda turned USCish, if you know what i mean.

BASSooner
4/3/2007, 07:30 PM
better Florida than USC...

OKC-SLC
4/3/2007, 09:27 PM
i really don't have much against Florida. BASS is right--better them than SUC.

goingoneight
4/3/2007, 09:35 PM
It realy doesn't matter who has the "hate me now" tag on them, I'm just tired of it being on us. It's time someone else rises and collapses in the eyes of the rest of the college sports world.

Soonerus
4/3/2007, 09:48 PM
I hate to admit it but they are fricken good and I can think of a lot of schools that would be worse...we have always has a good relationship with the Gators...

OKC-SLC
4/3/2007, 09:49 PM
I hate to admit it but they are fricken good and I can think of a lot of schools that would be worse...we have always has a good relationship with the Gators...
agree.

snp
4/3/2007, 10:27 PM
Better them than ohio State. It'd be World War 3 in ohio with all their rioting and we got a Columbus poster we gotta worry about.

goingoneight
4/3/2007, 11:02 PM
All is well with me and the Gators. I always liked them anyway, just sayin'... you're gonna see some real hatred spit their way soon like when Wooden was still on his mountain, Switzer's dynasty, etc. They may not like it, but soon they'll be the Florida STATE of the late 2000's (in terms of what people will soon think of them).

fadada1
4/4/2007, 05:10 PM
I wish we had their Athletic Director.
other than jeremy foley and joe castiglione, can you name another AD???

i'm pretty happy with who we have.

and by "we", i mean OU... and i'm even a UF alumni (too).

the dude
4/4/2007, 05:40 PM
Like somebody else said... as long as it's not USC. I don't know if i could stand being in LA after something like that - their fans are way too smug as it is.

sitzpinkler
4/4/2007, 05:55 PM
better Florida than USC...

that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject

sitzpinkler
4/4/2007, 09:09 PM

:les: THEY HAVE BEACHES!

snp
4/4/2007, 10:24 PM
other than jeremy foley and joe castiglione, can you name another AD???

i'm pretty happy with who we have.

Broyles, Byrnes and Dodd are great ADs too that Sooner fans are probably pretty familiar with. But yea, I can't name too many ADs.

goingoneight
4/4/2007, 10:43 PM
Broyles, Byrnes and Dodd are great ADs too that Sooner fans are probably pretty familiar with. But yea, I can't name too many ADs.
Why do they call them ADs??? :D

TheUnnamedSooner
4/4/2007, 10:46 PM
I like the new shirts that say "Ohio State" acrross them and then down below it says "Property of the Florida Gators"

Thought that was clever :D

LosAngelesSooner
4/4/2007, 10:48 PM
I think we'll have to get through all of this NCAA Sanctions B.S. before we start getting any sunlight from the press.

the dude
4/5/2007, 03:45 PM
I like the new shirts that say "Ohio State" acrross them and then down below it says "Property of the Florida Gators"

Thought that was clever :D
That is awesome.

snp
4/6/2007, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTV-Oj4U1qs

Florida fans are pretty awful.

swardboy
4/6/2007, 05:36 PM
Where can I get a Castiglione ring tone?