PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Poster Question

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2007, 05:27 PM
I'm using Picasa to make a homemade poster, it basically segments a picture of your choice into separate print outs so you can make one big poster.

I'm going to use real paper, but I want to somehow strengthen it and make it more poster like. I was thinking of using clear shelving paper as a substitute lamination (I've used it before as homemade lamination and it works pretty damned well).

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2007, 05:42 PM
Yes.

Don't be a moron holding a sign.

proud gonzo
thought about putting it on posterboard, perhaps?

crawfish
Pat can't post here because he was conceived in the stockroom of a Piggly Wiggly.

Preservation Parcels
4/2/2007, 05:46 PM
Print the pages on regular paper and mount them on a sheet of poster board. "Laminate", if you'd like. Gluing regular paper often gives you bubbles and squiggles, though.

or

Print the pages on card stock paper. Lay them face down, and duct tape them together on the back. For even more strength, mount them on a sheet of poster board once they're all together.

GottaHavePride
4/2/2007, 05:48 PM
Use heavier paper. Most paper you buy to put in your printer (if you're buying the cheap stuff) is about 20 lb. paper. Bump that up to 24 or 28 lb. paper and it's substantially heavier. You know, if you're determined to make a gigantic sign for something.