PDA

View Full Version : TRRW- No Respect....

sooneriniowa
4/1/2007, 02:53 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/54102.html

"I know a lot of people say I don't cover... I don't do this, I don't do that," Williams said. "They don't understand the scheme of our defense. When it looks like I'm getting 'burned,' that's not my job to take that player."

birddog
4/1/2007, 01:33 PM
that's fine with me. send his arse somewhere else so i can actually pull for him to do well.

Collier11
4/1/2007, 02:28 PM
With Hamlin going to Dallas it will allow Roy to play up by the line like he is accustomed to. I am not a Dallas fan but I am a Roy fan and I think we will see him earn his all-pro status this year in a big way

Jello Biafra
4/1/2007, 05:23 PM
With Hamlin going to Dallas it will allow Roy to play up by the line like he is accustomed to. I am not a Dallas fan but I am a Roy fan and I think we will see him earn his all-pro status this year in a big way

all chicago needs is a nast snot-knocking safety unless we lose briggs. send him north up I-44......

tulsaoilerfan
4/1/2007, 05:28 PM
And to think that many of us on here have been complaining about the way Dallas has been using him the last few years; maybe we fans know something after all

goingoneight
4/1/2007, 10:11 PM
But, but, but... we're message board readers with absolutely no lives and we're worthless human beings according to local sports media!!! :stunned:

sooner94
4/2/2007, 01:57 PM
But there are some "experts" here that think TRRW should be able to play FS also, otherwise he is overated.

Not sure if Hamlin will be the player he was before the head injury, but he's definitely an updgrade at FS. Although....a piece of furniture is an upgrade compared over Keith Davis, because a piece of furniture could actually be in the way of a receiver every once in a while.

I can't wait to see TRRW terrorize the line of scrimmage again.

GrapevineSooner
4/2/2007, 03:00 PM
As much as I love Roy, I think he's whining a little too much, here. And as captain of the defense, I don't like to hear him throwing some of his teammates under the bus when a receiver gets behind him for a TD.

Like what happened on two occasions in their playoff game up in Seattle three months ago.

goingoneight
4/2/2007, 09:18 PM
As much as I love Roy, I think he's whining a little too much, here. And as captain of the defense, I don't like to hear him throwing some of his teammates under the bus when a receiver gets behind him for a TD.

Like what happened on two occasions in their playoff game up in Seattle three months ago.

He's not really whining, because if you watch game film, they had him several times as the only DB in the backfield. The corners would get burnt at the line and then you had three or more eligible receivers open. Even Superman Roy can't be three places at once.

sooner94
4/2/2007, 10:26 PM
TRRW was the safety net for Henry and Davis/Watkins. The SS should not be covering for a CB and FS. The FS position has been a liability since Woodson retired.

Yes, he has been beaten by the TE on several plays, but good TE's are difficult to cover, especially with the weak pass rush Dallas got this year. SS's are not the best cover guy on the field (there should be 3 guys better at pass coverage, right?).

At first I was not thrilled about the Phillips hire, but the more I hear about his defensive philosophies, the more I like it. Dallas will be more aggressive on the pass rush, which will include some blitzes by TRRW.

oumartin
4/3/2007, 02:47 PM
no if they would just allow that darn horsecollar tackle back!