PDA

View Full Version : The Tudors

picasso
3/31/2007, 09:59 AM
I caught the first 2 episodes last night. Anybody else?

I thought they were pretty good thus far.

Octavian
3/31/2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I watched 'em too.

Pretty good so far. I was surprised they cast such a young Henry but he seems like he fits the role.

The budget/props by Showtime are good too....I'm pretty disappointed that HBO has ended Rome but hopefully this will fill the void

picasso
3/31/2007, 02:16 PM
I know there's some creative writing but I do dig time pieces. Especially really old ones.

The dude playing Henry was the punk in Ride With The Devil and he got busy with Scarlett Johannsen in that flick where he was a sadistic killer.

also, the Duke of Buckingham was the general in Last of The Mohicans.

that's all I got.:D

Viking Kitten
3/31/2007, 02:32 PM
...he got busy with Scarlett Johannsen in that flick where he was a sadistic killer.

That was Woody Allen's Match Point. Good flick. He was also the coach in "Bend it Like Beckham," the one that hooked up with that cute little Indian girl that's on "ER" now, instead of Keira Knightley. And did I mention he's super hot? I could sit and watch him eat a turkey leg for hours. :D

picasso
3/31/2007, 03:26 PM
he is a nice looking dude but he's loses man points for getting knocked down by the French king.:D

LoyalFan
3/31/2007, 09:43 PM
he is a nice looking dude but he's loses man points for getting knocked down by the French king.:D

Yeah, true, but two of his wives gave *serious head!
The others? Ehhhhh...not so much, really.

LoyalFan The First

*And I do mean SERIOUS!

Viking Kitten
5/4/2007, 09:42 AM
I've had to catch this on On Demand here and there when I have time. I'm about halfway caught up, but I'm officially hooked.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry. Damn. Just... damn. Definitely worth the risk of getting beheaded. :hot: :hot: :hot:. Plus he gets naked. A LOT.

Sam Neill is an awesome Cardinal Wolsey. The actresses playing Ann Boleyn and Catherine of Aragon are also fantastic in their parts. The show also has a good script and is just all around a good production.

The only thing I don't like is the opening credits montage. It reminds me Beverly Hills 90210. Yuck.

JohnnyMack
5/4/2007, 09:45 AM
Can we get back to talking about getting busy with Scarlett Johanssen?

Viking Kitten
5/4/2007, 09:53 AM
As long as Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the one getting busy with her so I can imagine him naked some more.

Spray
5/4/2007, 10:49 AM
Is it me or is Rhys Meyers a poor man's Joaquin Phoenix?

BTW, the show is pretty good except for the lame special effects shots of castles and landscapes- its almost like they wanted you to know it was computer animation.

Viking Kitten
5/4/2007, 11:12 AM
Naturally I see the facial resemblance between the two, and Joaquin Phoenix is also very hot in his own, less classically handsome way. But they are both very talented actors, and as far as I am concerned that's where the similarities end.

Viking Kitten
5/7/2007, 02:52 PM
Okay... I'm mostly caught up now. So Princess Margaret was a murdering ho. Awesome. And I did not realize Sir Coldplay was going to hook up with Little Lord No-Balls.

I've said it before... if you want drama, intrigue, murder, sex and betrayal, read a book on Tudor history. It's better than any soap opera ever imagined and it's all true.

LoyalFan
5/7/2007, 04:05 PM
Well, Tudors ARE cool, like for singles and young couples. Once the stork comes, though, it's time to trade 'er in for a Fordor.

LF

Viking Kitten
5/7/2007, 04:09 PM
[Crickets chirping].

Viking Kitten
5/7/2007, 04:09 PM
[Yes, your mic is on].

Sooner_Bob
5/7/2007, 04:25 PM
Ok, I guess I'm gonna hafta go download some of these . . . I never have time watch it when it comes on Showtime.

Viking Kitten
5/7/2007, 04:28 PM
With props to my buddy KC//Crimson:

Here you go. (http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/1450)

Viking Kitten
4/25/2008, 08:15 PM
Anyone else watching season two?

Sir Thomas More got whacked last week. Henry is being a total dick. The Boleyns are getting nervous. Gosh I love this show.

I especially love Sir Hottie the Duke of Hottieville. DAMN.

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/87/61/0000038761_20070327162232.jpg

r5TPsooner
4/25/2008, 08:19 PM
Best show on TV right now. You can buy the 1st season on a per episode basis on iTunes. Cardinal Woosey will be sorely missed as well.

r5TPsooner
4/25/2008, 08:22 PM
The lady who plays Catherine does an excellent job. King Henry's head gets bigger and bigger (no pun intended) as the season goes on.

I'm surprised that he didn't die of an STD!

StoopTroup
4/25/2008, 08:22 PM
He seems to have a skinny sword.

I'm just sayin'...

Viking Kitten
4/25/2008, 08:30 PM
Best show on TV right now. You can buy the 1st season on a per episode basis on iTunes. Cardinal Woosey will be sorely missed as well.

True, but Peter O'Toole is rocking the role of the Pope pretty hard.

An I agree, Maria Doyle Kennedy is magnificent as Catherine of Aragon.

How about the dude getting boiled alive after trying to poison Bishop Fisher? Dang. That was hardcore.

r5TPsooner
4/25/2008, 09:03 PM
True, but Peter O'Toole is rocking the role of the Pope pretty hard.

An I agree, Maria Doyle Kennedy is magnificent as Catherine of Aragon.

How about the dude getting boiled alive after trying to poison Bishop Fisher? Dang. That was hardcore.

That was hardcore.