PDA

View Full Version : Science fun!!!!

setem
3/31/2007, 09:50 AM
:twinkies: I am in the science center at school doing a lab with real and imitation crab.:twinkies: Did you know that some Bay Scallops are really just Shark’s fin with holes punched in them to make the shape of a Scallop?:twinkies: Crazy stuff huh? I have to run this lab for the next hour or so. Most of what I am doing is just waiting around for stuff to set up.:pop:

Hows bout a Boomer Sooner?

:D SPREAD IT ON!!!:D

TheHumanAlphabet
3/31/2007, 11:07 AM
How can you tell the non-scallops from the real scallops?

1stTimeCaller
3/31/2007, 11:24 AM
non-scallops are round and uniform. Sometimes they use ray instead of shark to make fake scallops. That's what Alton says.

setem
3/31/2007, 04:38 PM
You can use a Electropramorphous gel test to see what is the real and what is the fake....I have no idea what the hell I am talking about.

Fraggle145
3/31/2007, 06:06 PM
all you ever wanted to know about seafood and how they catch it, and if you should/shouldnt eat it and why/why not...

http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/seafoodwatch.asp

Jeopardude
3/31/2007, 06:49 PM

One of them is circumcised, right?

LoyalFan
3/31/2007, 09:38 PM

Oh, the little, subtle, things. Taste, texture, and the like.
And those "crab" thingies AKA "Sea legs"...all nice and uniform in size, one side white, one side dyed red. Made of the flesh of some unknown marine creature, mulched and extruded...yummmmeeee.

LF

OUinFLA
3/31/2007, 09:45 PM
I know my scalops are real when I go gather them myself.
Homasassa River outlet, North to Crystal River outlet for those of you interested in collecting your own.