PDA

View Full Version : Man catches wife cheating, wife yells 'rape!'

Jerk
3/31/2007, 09:20 AM
So, Virginia, guess what happens next?

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Denise Roberson -- thinking quickly, if not clearly -- cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head.

On Thursday, a grand jury handed up a manslaughter indictment -- against the wife, not the husband.

The grand jury declined to charge the husband with murder, the charge on which he was arrested by police.

"If I found somebody with my wife or with my kids in my house, there's no telling what I might do," said Juan Muniz, 33, who was having lunch Friday with one of his two small children at a restaurant in the middle-class suburban Dallas neighborhood where the Robersons lived. "I probably would have done the same thing."

Tracy Roberson, 35, could get two to 20 years in prison in the slaying of Devin LaSalle, a 32-year-old UPS employee.

Assistant District Attorney Sean Colston declined to comment on specifics of the case or the grand jury proceedings but said Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has "a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true."

Mark Osler, a Baylor University law school professor and a former federal prosecutor, said the grand jurors evidently put themselves in the husband's place: "I can see one of them saying, 'I would have shot the guy, too. I was just protecting my wife.' "

The December night before the shooting, Tracy Roberson sent LaSalle a text message that read in part, "Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!" according to court papers. LaSalle apparently agreed.

Darrell Roberson, a 38-year-old employee of a real estate firm, discovered the two, his wife clad in a robe and underwear.

When Tracy Roberson cried that she was being raped, LaSalle tried to drive away and her husband drew the gun he happened to be carrying and fired several shots at the truck, authorities said.

Darrell Roberson's attorney did not immediately return a call for comment.

His wife also was charged with making a false report to a police officer -- for allegedly saying she was raped -- and could get up to six months behind bars on that offense. It was not immediately clear whether she had a lawyer.

She had not been arrested as of Friday afternoon.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/30/texas.manslaughter.ap/index.html

Osce0la
3/31/2007, 09:34 AM
yainch

Okla-homey
3/31/2007, 09:38 AM
Note to cheaters: don't claim rape if hubby has a concealed carry permit.:texan:

Jerk
3/31/2007, 09:57 AM
The story interests me because it did not turn out as usual.

The common tragedy goes like this:

Wife cheats with Romeo.
Husband catches wife with Romeo.
Romeo is killed by Husband.
Husband goes to jail for the rest of his life.
Romeo goes to the grave for the rest of eternity.
Wife....?

She's out banging someone else while ex hubby rots in jail and romeo rots in casket.

yermom
3/31/2007, 11:35 AM
that's why he should shoot both of them ;)

Jimminy Crimson
3/31/2007, 11:50 AM
Wow! :eek:

Rogue
3/31/2007, 12:04 PM
He took a gun to a card game? When I lived in Texas that was unheard of.

proud gonzo
3/31/2007, 01:00 PM
hehe :D

SicEmBaylor
3/31/2007, 01:11 PM
He took a gun to a card game? When I lived in Texas that was unheard of.

I've been to three card games in Texas where SOMEONE was packing and not concealed either.

You aren't going to the right kinds of card games. ;)

OKC-SLC
3/31/2007, 01:26 PM
I've been to three card games in Texas where SOMEONE was packing and not concealed either.

Strip poker with the boys in Waco doesn't count.

And that wasn't a gun.

Rogue
3/31/2007, 01:27 PM

Mebbe. The guys I played cards with were huntin' and drinkin' buddies and it was actually mentioned a few times that firearms & alcohol = good, but firearms & alcohol & gambling = bad. A man has to know where the line is.

yermom
3/31/2007, 01:40 PM
i've only been to one card game where i know anyone carried a gun (2 guys)

of course it wasn't a very rowdy bunch and there wasn't much drinking

they were a pretty fun group, and the guns weren't really related to the game

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2007, 02:06 PM
Good for the DA.

oumartin
3/31/2007, 03:59 PM
I'm guessing the husband came home early and had a gun for a reason.

Rogue
3/31/2007, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing the husband came home early and had a gun for a reason.

That's sorta what I'm thinkin'. There's more to this story.

MamaMia
3/31/2007, 04:07 PM
The husband and wife both should be charged with the murder.

Rogue
3/31/2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, but in terms of punishment perpetrators of "crimes of passion" have almost no recidivism. I think pre-meditation is an important variable here about how heinous the crime was.

3/31/2007, 04:57 PM
I'm proud to say I have never been to a card game where anyone was wearing a gun.

Anyone who has been is a fag and should be shot and killed.

SleestakSooner
3/31/2007, 05:06 PM

The story says the Grand Jury declined to charge the husband. This doesn't mean the DA didn't try to hang them both. I agree with Jerk, normally the husbands penis is lopped off and thrown into a field and the wife walks off scott free.

Seems to me the jury got this one right. I am thinking hubby had the gun in his car and had time to grab it and shoot before the "rapist" got away.
His only crime was marrying a stupid :dolemite:

Jerk
3/31/2007, 05:22 PM

Mom, let's assume that the husband had no idea who the man was. He pulls into the drive-way and see's another man getting it on with his wife. She says 'rape!', as in "he's raping me!"

Question is, IF that was indeed the case, that she was REALLY being raped, and hubby responded to his wife's call for help by killing the perp, would you then feel that the husband should be charged with murder?

I ask this, because in the husband's mind, this is what he was doing...protecting his wife. Now we all know what happened here turned out to be different, by my point is this: the husband allegedly was doing what any good husband would do under the circumstances. Is that his fault?

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2007, 05:26 PM
I'm with Jerk and Sleestak.

I know plenty of people who carry almost 100% of the time, so it's not that unusual for them to be carrying on the way back from a card game.

I know for sure that if I walked in and my wife had a guy on top of her while she screamed "rape!" that the dude wouldn't have long to live.

sanantoniosooner
3/31/2007, 05:28 PM
My wife yells rape when I'm the one on top of her.

Ike
3/31/2007, 05:30 PM
I was thinking about this a little while ago, and I wondered...doesn't Texas have a "make my day" law on the books? I would think that given the circumstances, under such a law, there is certainly an argument that the husbands actions were completely lawful given his understanding of the situation.

I might think that had this happened in a number of other states, the dude probably would be charged.

SleestakSooner
3/31/2007, 05:31 PM

TMI SAS! Please keep your personal fantasy role playing out of the SO! ;)

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2007, 05:32 PM

I was going to say "She does the same thing to me" then thought "Hey, making rape jokes about sas' wife really isn't cool."

So there you have it.

SleestakSooner
3/31/2007, 05:33 PM
Now if the wife was not an idiot she would have never admitted to the police that she yelled rape and then the normal 'bury the husband under the jail' would have happened.

MamaMia
3/31/2007, 05:39 PM
I'm with Jerk and Sleestak.

I know plenty of people who carry almost 100% of the time, so it's not that unusual for them to be carrying on the way back from a card game.

I know for sure that if I walked in and my wife had a guy on top of her while she screamed "rape!" that the dude wouldn't have long to live.
Mike, the husband shot this UPS guy as he was driving away. Come on people; at that point nobody was in danger. Oh, and could someone please explain to me what this wife and her lover could have been doing that would have given the husband, who happened upon them, the idea she was being raped? Was she fighting him? Was she crying? I mean come on, I've had some passionate sex but there has never been a time that it could have been mistaken for rape. Have you guys, who think the husband should walk, had rape-like sex or something? That would be some real sick role playing dont you think?

Hey honey, lets play rape. I'll be the pervert and you can be the victim. I dont think so. :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2007, 05:41 PM
I'm thinking that if I walk in the house and the UPS guy is shtupping my wife, I'm in no mental condition to think logically about the situation and any explanation proffered that doesn't mean my wife is betraying me is going to be the one I seize on.

That being said, I understand your point Mom. The guy WAS driving away, so it's not like anyone was in imminent danger.

Reminds me of the story I once heard:

A guy walks into his bedroom to see his best friend having sex with his wife. He calmly goes to the bedstand and pulls out his pistol, putting it to his head. As his wife screams "Oh my God! No!" he replies "Don't worry, you're next."

Penguin
3/31/2007, 05:46 PM
Seems like that guy was going to be shot in the head either way. I think the fact that she yelled rape is the only reason that she's still alive.

But, I have no faith in humanity and I believe most people are rednecks.

Jerk
3/31/2007, 05:49 PM
I wonder if she was still in the car as he was driving away.

SleestakSooner
3/31/2007, 05:50 PM
Mike, the husband shot this UPS guy as he was driving away. Come on people; at that point nobody was in danger. Oh, and could someone please explain to me what this wife and her lover could have been doing that would have given the husband, who happened upon them, the idea she was being raped? Was she fighting him? Was she crying? I mean come on, I've had some passionate sex but there has never been a time that it could have been mistaken for rape. Have you guys who think the husband should walk had rape like sex or something? That would a real sick role playing dont you think?

Hey honey, lets play rape. I'll be the pervert and you can be the victim. I dont think so. :rolleyes:

you must be right, it was the man that was stupid for believing his wife. He didn't have to shoot the guy who was fleeing, for his life and not because he was actually guilty of anything beyond adultry.

The husband should be in some trouble for not thinking before he acted, but in this situation he was led to believe a very awful crime had been committed against his own wife and the perp was about to escape. I think there are a great many people who would have reacted almost exactly the same way.

Newbomb Turk
3/31/2007, 05:55 PM
The December night before the shooting, Tracy Roberson sent LaSalle a text message that read in part, "Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!" according to court papers. LaSalle apparently agreed.

based on this, I hope they put the beyotch away for a while.

I don't have a problem with what the hubby did. Who knows what one would do in the same situation.

MamaMia
3/31/2007, 06:04 PM
you must be right, it was the man that was stupid for believing his wife. He didn't have to shoot the guy who was fleeing, for his life and not because he was actually guilty of anything beyond adultry.

The husband should be in some trouble for not thinking before he acted, but in this situation he was led to believe a very awful crime had been committed against his own wife and the perp was about to escape. I think there are a great many people who would have reacted almost exactly the same way. Okay, maybe I missed some facts so please tell me; what exactly did the husband see that would have made him believe that rape was occurring? I think he knew his wife was being an adulteress tramp and used her cry of rape as an excuse to vent, and anyone who has to kill someone to appease his frustration is a murderer. Did this UPS guy even know this woman and her husband were living as man and wife? If shes such a liar as to accuse her murdered lover of rape, after she enticed him into coming over to have sex with her, then I would not be at all surprised if she gave the murder victim a line of malarkey as well.

SleestakSooner
3/31/2007, 06:10 PM
Okay, maybe I missed some facts so please tell me; what exactly did the husband see that would have made him believe that rape was occurring? I think he knew his wife was being an adulteress tramp and used her cry of rape as an excuse to vent, and anyone who has to kill someone to appease his frustration is a murderer. Did this UPS guy even know this woman and her husband were living as man and wife? If shes such a liar as to have accuse her murdered lover of rape, after she enticed him into coming over to have sex with her, then I would not be at all surprised if she gave the murder victim a line of malarkey as well.

Since I was not actually there, nor were you, I will just take the decision of the grand jury and consider their judgment to be a good one. If you want to persist in believing he is just as guilty as his wife that is your opinion and I will respect it without casting aspersions on your character.

Widescreen
3/31/2007, 06:15 PM
I was going to say "She does the same thing to me" then thought "Hey, making rape jokes about sas' wife really isn't cool."

So there you have it.
Boo! Turn in your SO card. Self-control is not allowed around here.

MamaMia
3/31/2007, 06:17 PM
Since I was not actually there, nor were you, I will just take the decision of the grand jury and consider their judgment to be a good one. If you want to persist in believing he is just as guilty as his wife that is your opinion and I will respect it without casting aspersions on your character.
A man is dead and his family is grieving because he either knowingly or unknowingly got it on with a married woman. They are both guilty. Plain and simple.

GottaHavePride
3/31/2007, 06:59 PM
I think a guy is dead because he was criminally stupid. If you're boinking some other guy's wife you don't do it in a car parked in the hubby's driveway - you go find a nice hotel somewhere so when hubby gets home he thinks "oh, she must have had to run to the grocery store for something." It's just common sense.

Tailwind
3/31/2007, 07:19 PM
They should hang the bitch. The jury made the right call, IMHO.

Penguin
3/31/2007, 07:26 PM
The dude with a the gun could have stopped and thought of one other option. I believe it's called a manage a trois.

sanantoniosooner
3/31/2007, 07:38 PM
The dude with a the gun could have stopped and thought of one other option. I believe it's called a manage a trois.
If a dude is naked, and another naked dude is present, it's fruity. I don't care that a chick present also.

Mongo
3/31/2007, 08:35 PM
If you're boinking some other guy's wife you don't do it in a car parked in the hubby's driveway - you go find a nice hotel somewhere so when hubby gets home he thinks "oh, she must have had to run to the grocery store for something." It's just common sense.

Watch out married dudes, GHP has obviously "boinked" someones wife. Protect your ladies!!!:D ;)

Tailwind
3/31/2007, 09:18 PM
"Boink" is such a funny word.

SicEmBaylor
3/31/2007, 09:20 PM
I prefer "boff."

StoopTroup
3/31/2007, 09:23 PM
This will probably never happen to you SicEm. ;)