PDA

View Full Version : GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 08:51 PM
Man, what a finish to this Stars/Red Wings game.

Stars score 3 times in 6 minutes (2 in 1 minute) to tie it at 3 with 2:00 mins. to go.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit pull it out, but it's been a hell of a third period.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 08:53 PM
Rebeiro hits the post with 0:50 to go, then Detroit almost scores one the next possession.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 08:54 PM
OVERTIME!!! Stars had to have at least one point.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 08:55 PM
Wow, Detroit almost won 13 seconds in...

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 09:02 PM
Mike Smith is standing on his head in overtime. under a minute till the Shootout, where Dallas is really good.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 09:07 PM
Shootout:

Dallas stonewalled on the first.
Det. hits post on their first

0-0
2 more each to go.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 09:08 PM
ZUBOV SCORES!!!!!!!

Smith with the save!!!

1-0
1 more each!

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 09:09 PM
Ribeiro to win it........NO! Save Det.

Now it's on Smith to win it for the Stars...SAVE!!!!!!

Stars win 4-3 in the shootout!

Wow. I'm just getting my hockey brain ready for the playoffs and that was a great way to get it going!

http://www.dallasstars.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/OEEPOEIABJPE/darrellabbott.jpg

GrapevineSooner
3/30/2007, 09:54 PM
The rain knocked the game out after Detroit had gone ahead 2-0. It came back on right before the Stars' two goal onslaught to tie it late in the third.

Just can't count this team out against anybody right now.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 09:56 PM
Now if only the Mavs would stop ****ing around with the Knicks...at home. :mad:

Damn Jet is money lately.

GrapevineSooner
3/30/2007, 10:10 PM
Dallas shot something like 2 for 24 in the third quarter. Hence, the predicament that they are in.

That defense that Devin Harris just played on Marbury should be sent to every young kid learning to play good, fundamental basketball.

Suffice to say, it should not have resulted in a foul like it did. :mad:

And suffice to say, we shouldn't be putting ourselves in this position against a bad team like the Bricks.

GrapevineSooner
3/30/2007, 10:11 PM
Stack's three rumbles out but Dirk grabs a crucial board and draws the foul.

GrapevineSooner
3/30/2007, 10:13 PM
Dear god, do the Knicks suck. 25 turnovers tonight.

Marbury has single handedly kept them in this one.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 10:15 PM
Dirk is the MVP. I don't care if it's the Knicks, he had to make the clutch shots down the stretch and he did. 17pts in the 4th.

GrapevineSooner
3/30/2007, 10:15 PM
Marbury: Where's the foul, ref?
JET: Gimme a hug, Stephon?
Marbury: C'mon ref!!
JET: Gimme a damn hug!!!
Marbury: Fine! Oh hey, Casey Smith...

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 10:16 PM
Way to ruin his great game by complaining to the Refs after the game.

Scott D
3/31/2007, 10:31 AM
heh can you tell which team played back to back games last night?

jk the sooner fan
3/31/2007, 12:31 PM
you know, nowhere near a Detroit redwing fan, but is there a more classic uniform in all of professional sports than theirs?

that was a really exciting OT period last nite........Smitty came up really big, as detroit was really firing the puck at him

ok i have a hockey question.....i've been meaning to ask for a few days......the other nite the stars are playing phoenix, and one of the stars gets a roughing penalty (i think), but for some reason, another star went and sat in the box with him....but it was only 5 on 4

then it happened again later, only against phoenix.......esplain por favor

Scott D
3/31/2007, 12:52 PM
I'm going to assume it's this sequence

DAL, Ott (Elbowing), 8:05; DAL, Ott (Roughing), 8:05; PHO, Boynton (Roughing), 8:05;

Ott had two penalties called on him. The two roughings cancelled each other out, so the second Star served the elbowing penalty is my guess.

Same deal in the later sequence with Doan getting the double minors and taking Ribeiro off with him.

DAL, Ribeiro (Roughing), 17:45; PHO, Doan (Roughing), 17:45; PHO, Doan (Tripping), 17:45;

jk the sooner fan
3/31/2007, 12:53 PM
why didnt they go 5 on 3 then?

Scott D
3/31/2007, 12:54 PM
I should also add I find how Dallas ended up 5 on 4 in the first sequence to be confusing. Since there should have been two Coyotes in the box from whatever happened 23 seconds before the Ott Elbow.

Soonerus
3/31/2007, 01:12 PM
Ribeiro to win it........NO! Save Det.

Now it's on Smith to win it for the Stars...SAVE!!!!!!

Stars win 4-3 in the shootout!

Wow. I'm just getting my hockey brain ready for the playoffs and that was a great way to get it going!

http://www.dallasstars.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/OEEPOEIABJPE/darrellabbott.jpg

Is that a pic of "Dimebag Darrell" (R.I.P.) ???

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2007, 01:16 PM
Yep. They loved the Stars and were good friends with some of the guys on the Cup team. That's them playing either after winning the cup or during it.

Soonerus
3/31/2007, 01:20 PM
Yep. They loved the Stars and were good friends with some of the guys on the Cup team. That's them playing either after winning the cup or during it.

Yes, I know Dime and Vinnie loved the Stars and the "Cup" was dented after being thrown (dropped) from a balcony to the pool at their house at an after party when the Stars won the Cup ....

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2007, 01:21 PM
I think the CUP rules were changed after that incident. :D

GrapevineSooner
3/31/2007, 01:36 PM
I think the Cup was actually dented on the plane ride back to Dallas. I had some pics of Eddie Belfour carrying the Cup at the airport when they got back into town and it looked like the bottom of it was dented.

GrapevineSooner
3/31/2007, 01:37 PM
heh can you tell which team played back to back games last night?

Yeah, I could tell. ;)

Looked like Dallas actually started to carry the play midway through the second when it was still 2-0. Or at least it looked that way when the big rains came and knocked out the satellite signal last night.

Soonerus
3/31/2007, 02:43 PM
Cup was dented at Vinnie and Darrell's pool but I think maybe some replica Cups exist...at least after that incident...it was thrown from a balcony to the pool but dented in the process...

Scott D
3/31/2007, 03:02 PM
technically the Cup the players share is a replica. The "Cup" Cup is safe in a vault in Toronto.

heh Grape, being down to 5 defensemen for the second time in the span of 3 games didn't help our defense when Dallas began to pressure the last 25 minutes of regulation.

Now just beat Nashville in regulation tonight. The fact that Tootoo is back for the first time should be enough motivation.

Soonerus
3/31/2007, 03:05 PM
technically the Cup the players share is a replica. The "Cup" Cup is safe in a vault in Toronto.

I'll buy that, makes good sense..

Scott D
3/31/2007, 03:07 PM
An amusing Cup sidenote. In 1997 the Red Wings drank sparkling apple juice from the Cup in the initial drinkage, because one prominent member had undergone alcohol abuse rehab prior to the season.

GrapevineSooner
4/2/2007, 01:20 PM
I think the Cup was actually dented on the plane ride back to Dallas. I had some pics of Eddie Belfour carrying the Cup at the airport when they got back into town and it looked like the bottom of it was dented.

One of the cup handlers is on with BaD Radio on The Ticket and confirmed that the dent in the base occurred in the lockerroom celebration in Buffalo after Brett Hull's legitimate goal won the Cup for the Stars.

They indicated it was thrown off the balconey at Vinnie's house in Pantego. But it wasn't in the water for very long.

sanantoniosooner
4/2/2007, 01:25 PM
you know, nowhere near a Detroit redwing fan, but is there a more classic uniform in all of professional sports than theirs?
I'd still put up the Colts and the Jets against them.

As much as I hate the yankees, those unis are pretty classic.

GrapevineSooner
4/2/2007, 01:30 PM
Even though their team sucks, I'd put the Chicago Blackhawks unis up against any classic uni in any sport.

http://www.execprom.com/licensed-to-play/NHL/images/printed_products/postcards/big/Chicago_Blackhawks.jpg

Scott D
4/2/2007, 02:53 PM
I'm so glad that the Wings have never succumbed to that trend of 3rd jersies.