PDA

View Full Version : Why would any teacher want to teach in this school?

Widescreen
3/30/2007, 05:52 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LA_SCHOOL_SEX_LAOL-?SITE=LAMON&SECTION=HOME&

First-year teacher Michael Walker, who teaches fifth- through eighth-grade English, said three students were either expelled or sent to an alternative school and two others got detention.

Students at the kindergarten through 12th grade school are unruly, disrespectful and rarely disciplined, Walker said.

"They cuss at the teachers and throw things at them, and nothing is done," Walker said. "There was even one student who grabbed a teacher in the butt and nothing was done. The students run the school."

"This is one incident and everyone is making a big deal out of it," Futch said. "I never had a teacher complain to me, but I have heard them complain to each other."

This Futch is obviously a bureaucrat deluxe. Is it any wonder there are so many at-risk schools? This really makes me mad.

slickdawg
3/30/2007, 06:04 PM
what? nobody is having sex in that school? some teacher has to be gettin' it on with a student!

Ike
3/30/2007, 06:28 PM
wow. thats just terrible management.

I'd also imagine that if teachers really feel that way about the school that management does a terrible job of backing them up when they try to impose discipline.

Rhino
3/30/2007, 10:30 PM
"There was even one student who grabbed a teacher in the butt and nothing was done. The students run the school." In the butt?

KANCHO!