PDA

View Full Version : Early UFC 69 stuff

DustySooner
3/30/2007, 05:44 PM
All right, UFC 69 is comin up next weekend(April 8). In my opinion this card looks a litte....eh.

The only bright spot is the Sanchez/Koscheck rematch. I've been lookin forward to this rematch since the show. I've got Sanchez winning by TKO in round 2. I've got Georges thwapping Serra easily in round 1. Any thoughts or predictions?

Here's what the card is gonna look like:

Georges St-Pierre Vs. Matt Serra

Roger Huerta Vs. Leonard Garcia

Diego Sanchez Vs. Josh Koscheck

Yushin Okami Vs. Mike Swick

Alan Belcher Vs. Kendall Grove

Brad Imes Vs. Heath Herring

Thales Leites Vs. Pete Sell

Marcus Davis Vs. Pete Spratt

Josh Haynes Vs. Luke Cummo

KC//CRIMSON
3/30/2007, 06:12 PM
Eh. I'm waiting for the big boys in UFC 70 & 71.

Cro Cop stomps a mudhole in his next victim and hopefully Rampage beats the **** out of Chucky Liddell just like last time.

Sooner_Bob
3/30/2007, 06:26 PM
I think Chucky is probably just a little more polished this time than last time.

Regardless, they'll be fun fights to watch.

KC//CRIMSON
3/30/2007, 06:33 PM
I think Chucky is probably just a little more polished this time than last time.

Regardless, they'll be a fun fights to watch.

You're probably right about Liddell being more polished. It just depends on which Rampage show up. Crazy Rampage or born again christian Rampage.;)

KC//CRIMSON
3/30/2007, 06:48 PM
Also, now that this has happened, hopefully we'll get to see some real fights.

The Shot Heard 'Round the World: PRIDE and UFC Poised to Do Battle
03/27/2007

DSE / PRIDE FC held a press conference at Tokyo's Roppongi Hills Arena on Tuesday, March 27th, to present PRIDE FC under the new ownership of Lorenzo Fertitta. DSE President and CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara was on hand to publicly state that he will step down from his position and hand over ownership of the company to Mr. Fertitta, who will henceforth continue PRIDE operations, but under the banner of a new parent company, Pride Worldwide.

In addition, Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Jeff Monson was added to the upcoming PRIDE.34 "KAMIKAZE," foreshadowing what will surely lead to a series of future PRIDE VS. UFC matches.

Following comments by Fertitta, Sakakibara, and Executive Director Nobuhiko Takada, the President of the UFC, Dana White, was introduced to the crowd.

"I'll have to disagree with something that Mr. Sakakibara said earlier. He was talking about all the other MMA organizations that are coming up and climbing up the ladder. I laugh at them. I think they're all a joke. The only two companies in this world that matter are the UFC and PRIDE," White commented, which was received to a huge cheer of approval from the attending Japanese fans.

White continued with talks of his majestic dream: "Finally, after 7 years, we're going to be able to answer all the questions we've been waiting to answer. All the challenges we've been waiting to make happen are now going to happen. We get to see great fights like Fedor vs. Couture, Shogun vs. Liddell, Gomi vs. St. Pierre, Henderson vs. Anderson [Silva], Josh Barnett vs. Arlovski. Whatever the match-ups might be, we finally now get to set the best matches ever. We as an organization, PRIDE as an organization, and you the fans, as well as the fighters, all benefit to find out who really is the best fighter in the world."

Never one to miss a chance to fire the first salvo, White added "make no mistake about it, I don't care if Lorenzo bought the UFC or PRIDE. The UFC is coming in to kick your ***!"

Following White's comments, a PRIDE.34 promo video, announcing Fujita vs. Monson as a newly added match, played. Based on Fujita's longstanding tenure as a PRIDE fighter and Monson's recent string of impressive fights in the UFC, this match is being presented as a prelude to an inevitable PRIDE vs. UFC series. Monson, aka "The Snowman," appeared on stage to the UFC theme song, while Fujita was introduced to the crowd against the PRIDE theme song. The two stood face to face in a traditional fighters' standoff.

Monson commented, "on April 8th, I'm going to show that the UFC does have the best fighters when I beat Fujita."

Fujita vowed, "our war against the UFC begins at PRIDE.34, and as a representative of PRIDE, I declare that I will take down the UFC!" At the encouragement of the already-invigorated fans, Fujita then confronted promoter White with an intense stare down and the challenge "are you ready?"

In closing the press conference, PRIDE Executive Director Nobuhiko Takada remarked, "PRIDE will remain as it has been. We hope to continue to refine PRIDE in cooperation with the staff, the fighters, and the fans, so that PRIDE maintains its place as the world's greatest fight stage. Your enthusiasm inspires us, so please continue to give us your fervent support."

DustySooner
3/30/2007, 07:19 PM
Eh...Rampage doesnt seem like the same ole Rampage. I'm bettin he'll get beat by Chuck, but ya never know.

Either way the belt will be held by this guy:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=5707

Name: Mauricio Rua

Nick Name: Shogun

Record: 16 - 2 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)

Wins: 13 (T)KOs (81.25%)
1 Submissions (6.25%)
2 Decisions (12.50%)

Losses: 1 (T)KOs (50.00%)
1 Submissions (50.00%)

Association: Chute Boxe

Weight: 201lbs (91kg)

Birth Date: 11-25-1981

City: Curitiba

The guy is a stud, just got picked up by UFC.

Edit: Might add this guy has wins over Kevin Randleman(submission) and Rampage(KO).

KC//CRIMSON
3/30/2007, 07:29 PM
I've been wanting to see Shogun vs Liddell for a while now. Shogun is one bad mo fo and he would have beat Mark Coleman if not for that freak injury.

DustySooner
3/30/2007, 07:37 PM
I've been wanting to see Shogun vs Liddell for a while now. Shogun is one bad mo fo and he would have beat Mark Coleman if not for that freak injury.

Dude I know! I actually saw that the other night. I'm pumped about him comin over.

Boomer.....
3/30/2007, 09:39 PM
I am pumped for the Diego Sanchez Vs. Josh Koscheck fight. It's been a while since I saw Diego whip some ***.

Rhino
3/30/2007, 10:33 PM
UFC 69 already looks like a bore-fest.

Melo
3/30/2007, 10:57 PM
My bf bought a ticket to the UFC 69 fight... along with the other guy we usually watch the fight with. Which leaves Melo all alone to watch it.

Any of yous gonna be in Houston to watch the fight? I need company... ;)

tbl
3/30/2007, 11:38 PM
Kendall Grove is usually exciting to watch. He's pretty impressive. The Sanchez fight should be the best one, but we'll see. You can't say its a snooze fest just b/c you don't know who the guys are. Sometimes those undercard fights can surprise you. Either way, I'm pumped and I'm going to watch it, just like I've watched the past 5 or so.