OUDoc
3/30/2007, 05:00 PM
He's disliked nationwide. Go figure.

sooner518
3/30/2007, 05:18 PM
i dont think i know that story... please inform me

JohnnyMack
3/30/2007, 05:38 PM
Doug got booted out of Notre Dame for stealing credit cards.

JohnnyMack
3/30/2007, 05:40 PM
When Doug was a senior and LosuR came to Norman for the game, I made sign that said, "Hey Gottleib, do you prefer Visa or Mastercard?" and made sure I got there early. Had it out during warmups. The other pokey players saw it first and started laughing. They pointed it out to Gottleib and he walked about halfway towards me, read the sign and just shook his head and walked away.

Boffingham
3/31/2007, 11:02 AM
"Got-Lieb Got Caught" "Got Lieb Got Caught"

picasso
3/31/2007, 11:17 AM
When Doug was a senior and LosuR came to Norman for the game, I made sign that said, "Hey Gottleib, do you prefer Visa or Mastercard?" and made sure I got there early. Had it out during warmups. The other pokey players saw it first and started laughing. They pointed it out to Gottleib and he walked about halfway towards me, read the sign and just shook his head and walked away.
I brought it up to my golfing buddies back then during breakfast. My words really ****ed one of 'em off. Of course they never have any problem with ragging on a Sooner player's problems.

Rogue
3/31/2007, 03:18 PM
I didn't know this about him. The video maker is clueless. ND costs more than $40,000.00 and I don't think you can go 2 semesters in a community college with $400 worth of textbooks anymore.

SoonerShark
3/31/2007, 03:47 PM
Actually, Gotlieb has sports knowledge beyond his years. Most sportscasters in their 20s or early 30s barely know that George W. Bush had a dad who was president. Gotlieb could probably let you know the elder Bush played baseball at Yale. Gotlieb has a good historical sense about sports.

OSUAggie
3/31/2007, 05:16 PM
Actually, Gotlieb has sports knowledge beyond his years. Most sportscasters in their 20s or early 30s barely know that George W. Bush had a dad who was president. Gotlieb could probably let you know the elder Bush played baseball at Yale. Gotlieb has a good historical sense about sports.

Once you learn that his last name has two T's you'll be in good shape. Otherwise, solid post.

Doug is a true professional in his field, and he was a solid player @ OSU. He stole credit cards, got booted from ND, and had a very solid recovery @ OSU. He knows the game, the players, and the programs much better than any of the other dumb *** talking heads @ ESPN would care to even attempt.

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2007, 05:24 PM
I will never forget OSU being down two against OU with less than 20 seconds left and Kelvin pulling everyone off Gottlieb, while Doug just sat there at the top of the key with a confused look on his face trying to find someone to pass to. That guy just did NOT like to shoot.

That being said, he does a very good job on ESPN Radio and does seem to have quite a bit of knowledge tucked away in his head, particularly about basketball. He also has a pretty decent sense of humor (at least on air) about his shooting woes and his departure from Notre Dame.

And OSUAggie, I'm pretty sure his name only has one "l". Two "t"s though.

OSUAggie
3/31/2007, 05:26 PM
And OSUAggie, I'm pretty sure his name only has one "l". Two "t"s though.

yeah, sorry... too much to drink already.

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2007, 05:27 PM
It happens.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/31/2007, 05:31 PM

Still can't get his shorts on right though ;)

OSUAggie
3/31/2007, 05:32 PM
heh... That was pretty funny @ KU. Students gave him hell.

SleestakSooner
3/31/2007, 07:05 PM
There is no "I" in team, but there is one in Gottleib! That was one greedy little, good passer but no talent otherwise, loud mouth but he actually does seem to make a bit of sense as an on-air comentator. But thinking your **** don't stink is almost a prerequisite for being an ESPN sports broadcaster these days.

MichiganSooner
3/31/2007, 08:14 PM
Doug does fine on ESPN but I prefer Stacey Dales.

the_ouskull
3/31/2007, 09:18 PM
"He also has a pretty decent sense of humor (at least on air) about his shooting woes..."

Yeah. On air. Did I ever tell you the story about the commercial shoot that he ruined?

the_ouskull

Ardmore_Sooner
3/31/2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah. On air. Did I ever tell you the story about the commercial shoot that he ruined?

the_ouskull

Do tell?

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2007, 09:57 PM

the_ouskull

Nope. Let's hear it. Does it involve alcohol, a phone book, or a nekkid girl?

ClintonSooner
4/1/2007, 12:59 AM

the_ouskull

ya you told us... when we were all chattin at the lake that one evening...

Ash
4/1/2007, 01:11 AM
Gottlieb is a tool, but he's one of the few ESPN analysts that I take seriously, along with Andy Katz about college BBall because neither one of them are out there pimping a conference or the team they used to coach/play for.

Katz, especially, is a damn good journalist.

Czar Soonerov
4/1/2007, 11:04 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8387/gottliebccbb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

goingoneight
4/1/2007, 11:08 PM
Once you learn that his last name has two T's you'll be in good shape. Otherwise, solid post.

Doug is a true professional in his field, and he was a solid player @ OSU. He stole credit cards, got booted from ND, and had a very solid recovery @ OSU. He knows the game, the players, and the programs much better than any of the other dumb *** talking heads @ ESPN would care to even attempt.

COUGH!!! excuse me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8wSkAkvE38)

stoopified
4/2/2007, 10:55 AM
That Hybl bashing session still ****es me off.

StoopTroup
4/2/2007, 03:33 PM
Hybl was great.

I hate to think how things would have ended up after JW blew the knee.

I think the Hybl haters even changed the rules of this board after the flaming they did to him.

I'll never understand the hate for Nate.

TopDawg
4/2/2007, 05:08 PM
I'll never understand the hate for Nate.

He was the first quarterback since Heupel to not win a national championship. DUH!