PDA

View Full Version : Dolemite's Bone-Up Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 02:50 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7319/boneupadvisoryba2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.foutraque.com/doc/chronique/2730_img2.jpg

I really enjoy all things David Lynch from movies such as Blue Velvet to the short-lived Television series Twin Peaks. His dark surrealist, and at times gothic images give a somewhat different look at society. When first hearing Arcade Fire and their sophomore album Neon Bible I immediately thought that this music would be great with visuals directed by Lynch. During my first time listening to Arcade Fire and Neon Bible I thought they were crap much like I first thought when watching my first David Lynch film “Fire Walk with Me”, but much like David Lynch after a few more viewings, or listening in this case, I grew to love Arcade Fire.

Neon Bible is in fact a very bleak, and somber album much unlike thier first Album Funeral. From the very first track “Black Mirror” I felt as if I was walking down a dark hallway surrounded with strange Salvador Dali Paintings. The first track really sets up the album well giving you almost a look into the future and what will come in later tracks. In the song Win Butler the front man for the Canadian band asks the question, “Mirror Mirror on the wall show me where the bombs will fall?” Sending the notion that some sort of impending DOOM is coming. At the end of the song you can almost here bombs going off in the faint distance in the background. This sets up what seems to be the theme of the album where in almost every song there seems to be some sense of worry.

Throughout the album this sense of worry and doom comes from all different directions. In the song Windowsill Butler talks about what he thinks are problems in America, “Don’t want to live in my father’s house no more. Don’t wanna fight in a Holy war. Don’t want the salesman Knocking at my door. Don’t wanna live in America no more.”
Then in the Chorus it seems as if he is speaking about the threat of global warming when delivering the lyrics “Cause the Tide is high, and it’s rising still, and I don’t want to see it at my windowsill.

In the upbeat almost 80’s sounding “Keep the cars running” the band takes you through musically a high-speed chase of sorts. Then two songs later the band becomes very gothic with a blaring church organ playing and the what sounds like a huge orchestra backing the band in the song “ Intervention.” In this song Butler seems to take on the Church.

The band hits the mark near the end of the album with “No Cars GO” This song is Political Surrealism at is best, and very left almost speaking of a communist society. After many songs speaking of doom and running away from the church, and state and the problems they see coming in the future it seems that the band may think that these left ideas are the answer to the problems that they bring up during the album.

Over all I thought the album was amazing it takes some time to warm up too, but give it that chance. I give it Three and a half out of 5 stars and is one of the best albums I have heard this year.

The only thing that I did not enjoy about the album is that I thought it ended on the wrong note. The album ends with a very Nin sounding, “My body is a cage”. I felt like the Album should have ended with “No Cars GO”, but what in the hell do I know I am just Dolemite and this is my Bone-up.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7008/boneup2copyyn6.png (http://imageshack.us)

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2007, 02:53 PM
wow

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 02:55 PM
nice logo doleo.

Neon Bible is the short novel written by Confederacy of Dunces author, John Kennedy Toole. Like the classic CoD, it was printed after his death.

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah ....Win Butler said in and interveiw I read that it was just a coincedence.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2007, 03:00 PM
Very good read, Doleo.

Nice jorb.

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 03:03 PM
Its not exactly what I wanted I was a little short at times....but I also did not want to be to long winded.

The next one I think will be alot more detailed ....I will have more time I have been moderatly busy the last few days.

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 03:03 PM
Very good read, Doleo.

Nice jorb.
SO your a subscriber again?:D

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 03:04 PM
nice logo doleo.

Neon Bible is the short novel written by Confederacy of Dunces author, John Kennedy Toole. Like the classic CoD, it was printed after his death.
Czar did the logos for me give him the nod for those...completly his creations

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2007, 03:06 PM
SO your a subscriber again?:D

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9137/relevantinterestcu4.jpg

yermom
3/30/2007, 03:53 PM
Salvador Dali?

i call bull****

silverwheels
3/30/2007, 03:56 PM
That cat's face carcks me up.

And yes, this is a good album. "(Antichrist Television Blues)" is my favorite track. Or maybe "Intervention". I don't know.

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 04:01 PM
Dude, you so ripped that **** off from some music site.

If you review the albums I gave you I know it's legit cause you'll never find them on a hip-hop - or any other - review site.

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 04:03 PM

If you review the albums I gave you I know it's legit cause you'll never find them on a hip-hop - or any other - review site.

what did you give him, the best of Rick Derringer?

or Rossington-Collins Band?

hehehe.

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:04 PM
Salvador Dali?

i call bull****
What is bull****?:confused:

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 04:06 PM
what did you give him, the best of Rick Derringer?

or Rossington-Collins Band?

hehehe.

Heh. No, I gave him Walter Trout - Go the Distance, and Joe Banamassa. I really don't expect him to listen to either one cause there's not one single "punk dis muh****ah" to be found.

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:08 PM

I dare you find this then.

Man a mother ****er writes a reveiw on an album and all I ****ing get is a bunch of ...You din't write that I call bull****

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:09 PM
Heh. No, I gave him Walter Trout - Go the Distance, and Joe Banamassa. I really don't expect him to listen to either one cause there's not one single "punk dis muh****ah" to be found.
I have not listened to either .....but I fully intend on listening to them and then doing a bone -up.

You guys do know I did attend collage. It may have been short lived but I did attend.

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 04:09 PM
I dare you find this then.

Man a mother ****er writes a reveiw on an album and all I ****ing get is a bunch of ...You din't write that I call bull****

Oh go take a Jagged Little Pill.

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 04:10 PM
I have not listened to either .....but I fully intend on listening to them and then doing a bone -up.

You guys do know I did attend collage. It may have been short lived but I did attend.

"Collage?" Musta been an art school?

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:10 PM
Oh go take a Jagged Little Pill.
Alanis Morissette...BOOM:D

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:11 PM
"Collage?" Musta been an art school?
tHEY Tought mes how to spell at noble....I dont use a Checker On all this JAZZ FUnk bs

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 04:13 PM
tHEY Tought mes how to spell at noble....I dont use a Checker On all this JAZZ FUnk bs

Me either. When I went to 3rd grade I learned how to spell and properly construct sentences. Some of us don't need spellcheck.

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:15 PM
Me either. When I went to 3rd grade I learned how to spell and properly construct sentences. Some of us don't need spellcheck.
In 3rd grade at noble they told me that if I did not understand a word while reading I could just make up a word in its place.

Then it began. About that same time they told me I was dyslexic.

I hate Mrs. Ulenhake

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2007, 04:18 PM
Finally.

I understand.

:eddie:

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:19 PM
Finally.

I understand.

:eddie:
How thats not all of it......my mother was also on Lsd, meth, and coke while I was in that belly

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 04:22 PM
In 3rd grade at noble they told me that if I did not understand a word while reading I could just make up a word in its place.

Then it began. About that same time they told me I was dyslexic.

I hate Mrs. Ulenhake

It's Mrs. Uhlenake, and she's a dear. I sat on jury duty when some POS white trash momma was sueing her and NPS because her daughter had an asthma attack at school, was given meds by the school nurse, then went home when school was out. Later that night she had another attack and had to be medivaced to Children's in OKC. Of course the POS trailer trash mom didn't realize Mrs. Uhlenake's lawyer was going to provide witnesses that the POS mom wasn't home - but actually in Norman at a bar getting ****faced while her 6 year old child was home alone at 10PM dying from an asthma attack.

Bitch was sorry I ever got on that jury.

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:26 PM
It's Mrs. Uhlenake, and she's a dear. I sat on jury duty when some POS white trash momma was sueing her and NPS because her daughter had an asthma attack at school, was given meds by the school nurse, then went home when school was out. Later that night she had another attack and had to be medivaced to Children's in OKC. Of course the POS trailer trash mom didn't realize Mrs. Uhlenake's lawyer was going to provide witnesses that the POS mom wasn't home - but actually in Norman at a bar getting ****faced while her 6 year old child was home alone at 10PM dying from an asthma attack.

Bitch was sorry I ever got on that jury.
Well I was in her class in thrid grade and she may have been a dear ....but she really taught me some ****ed up ****.

So although she may have been in the right in her trial. She was not right in the teaching of third graders.

I have seen her many times since and I think she is a good person...but what she taught me had an effect for a long time.

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 04:38 PM
Well I was in her class in thrid grade and she may have been a dear ....but she really taught me some ****ed up ****.

So although she may have been in the right in her trial. She was not right in the teaching of third graders.

I have seen her many times since and I think she is a good person...but what she taught me had an effect for a long time.

So, she tried to do the teacher/student butt sekks dealio and it blew your mind? She wasn't a bad lookin' ol' gal...

dolemitesooner
3/30/2007, 04:51 PM
So, she tried to do the teacher/student butt sekks dealio and it blew your mind? She wasn't a bad lookin' ol' gal...
No ....LoL.....I never would have complained about that. When I had here I think she was only a couple years out of college. i WOULD HAVE HIT IT. **** I'D HIT IT NOW

dolemitesooner
3/31/2007, 02:11 AM
Man I am a writing genius

proud gonzo
4/10/2007, 12:18 AM
lol

KC//CRIMSON
4/17/2007, 02:28 PM
How come everytime I hear "Keep The Car Running" I keep singing the lyrics to Eddie and The Cruisers "Darkside?

Hmmmmm......anyone else notice it?:cool: