PDA

View Full Version : Ho Lee Crap

Dio
3/30/2007, 12:53 PM
There was just a lady in my branch wearing a pair of Fast-Baks! :eek:

mdklatt
3/30/2007, 01:42 PM
You'd probably get more of a response if anybody had any idea what you were talking about. :confused:

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2007, 02:11 PM
Anything but navy blue was WHACK!

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2007, 02:16 PM

Did she ask what time you open? Because nothing makes me more happy than the 20 people who walk up between 9am and 10am who ask what time we open.

Mjcpr
3/30/2007, 02:28 PM
Well, 10am is awfully early to be doing business.

slickdawg
3/30/2007, 02:29 PM
uh, pictures?

:confused:

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2007, 02:30 PM
I agree. Opening at 11am makes a lot more sense to me. In fact, I would prefer being open from 12pm to 9pm.

It kills me-people who use this branch consistently for years can't seem to figure out what time it opens. EVERY WEEK "Hey, what time do you open." 10am. Every day. Seven days a week. It doesn't change. We close at 7pm. Seven days a week. THAT doesn't change.

skycat
3/30/2007, 02:34 PM
You'd prefer to only be closed three hours?
:eek:

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2007, 02:39 PM
Er, no. 12pm is noon.

Hamhock
3/30/2007, 02:40 PM

i remember fast baks. and plain pockets from Penney's.

they're what all of us poor kids wore.

skycat
3/30/2007, 02:43 PM
Er, no. 12pm is noon.

Most of the time. But that's not a universally accepted convention.:cool:

mdklatt
3/30/2007, 02:45 PM
i remember fast baks.

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT????

Even Google doesn't know.

mdklatt
3/30/2007, 02:47 PM
Most of the time. But that's not a universally accepted convention.:cool:

Uh, yeah it is.

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 02:48 PM
WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT????

Even Google doesn't know.

Anthony's is google proof it's so old school.

StuIsTheMan
3/30/2007, 02:48 PM
You'd probably get more of a response if anybody had any idea what you were talking about. :confused:

I was thinking the same thing...:pop:

skycat
3/30/2007, 02:50 PM
Uh, yeah it is.

No, it's not.

Check out a government printed signs. They're just the opposite of that a lot of the time.

Here's the US Government Prinitng Office Syle Manual.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/stylemanual/2000/chapter_txt-9.html

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 02:51 PM
Did she ask what time you open? Because nothing makes me more happy than the 20 people who walk up between 9am and 10am who ask what time we open.

you should try restaurants.

"sorry, we're open at 11:30 for lunch."

"but, i see there's people working in the kitchen....couldn't we just order something....?"

Frozen Sooner
Well, I suppose so long as one person denies that 12pm=noon, it's not universally accepted.

So great. If I posted a sign that said "Open: 12pm-9pm" I'd have constant calls to the CEO about how somone showed up at 12:01am and we weren't open yet and it ruined their life. The CEO would pass the voicemail down the chain until it got to me, and that shizz would show up on our member service surveys.

Hamhock
Ha!! Finally, a reference made in the SO that I understand that everyone else doesn't.

Eat that AI, Hot Carl, Tubgirl, and Google!!!

skycat
3/30/2007, 02:56 PM
Well, I suppose so long as one person denies that 12pm=noon, it's not universally accepted.

So great. If I posted a sign that said "Open: 12pm-9pm" I'd have constant calls to the CEO about how somone showed up at 12:01am and we weren't open yet and it ruined their life. The CEO would pass the voicemail down the chain until it got to me, and that shizz would show up on our member service surveys.

I was of course just making a joke. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I knew what you meant. People would figure out what your sign means pretty easily.

A bigger problem is a sign that says, No Parking 12p.m. to 6p.m.

A reasonable person could become confused as to the meaning (is that a 6 hour window for parking, or no parking?), especially since, like I said, government printed signs will sometimes mean 12pm as midnight.

[/geek]

Dio
3/30/2007, 03:04 PM
klatt-Crappy Anthony's tennis shoes circa 1982

slick- No pics, (no biggie- she was not hawt)

bsg- they were Navy Blue

mike- I don't think I had one day the entire time I worked in the in-store that some chucklehead didn't roll up before we turned on the lights and say "Didja forget to pay the electric bill?" It still amazes me that I never once choked anybody.

hamhock- Tuffskins were much more craptastic than anything Penney's had.

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2007, 03:07 PM
Heh. I've never had that one, but that's probably because I go ahead and turn on the lights and leave the grate down when I'm closed.

I make it a practice to grab members out of line and help them out. What always kills me is "Oh, I just need to make a deposit." No ****, dude. That's why you're carrying around a check? Trust me, I can still help you out.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/30/2007, 03:08 PM
This thread is kinda like that toothpaste that half blue and half white and squirts out in two different globs and then mixes togehter to make your teeth pearly white.

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 03:09 PM
This thread is kinda like that toothpaste that half blue and half white and squirts out in two different globs and then mixes togehter to make your teeth pearly white.

aquafresh.

Dio
3/30/2007, 03:13 PM
Heh. I've never had that one, but that's probably because I go ahead and turn on the lights and leave the grate down when I'm closed.

I make it a practice to grab members out of line and help them out. What always kills me is "Oh, I just need to make a deposit." No ****, dude. That's why you're carrying around a check? Trust me, I can still help you out.

You have a gate? Lucky bastard! Gates were deemed "too unfriendly" by our brass.

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2007, 03:17 PM
You have a gate? Lucky bastard! Gates were deemed "too unfriendly" by our brass.

We didn't until someone pointed out to the brass that when our people were counting cash it was a great opportunity for people to think we were friendly enough to give them a couple of grand.

I kid you not-I just watched someone try to jam a deposit envelope into an ATM, then turn to me and say "This thing won't take my deposit."

Yeah, lady, you need to use the ATM card on that one.

Pricetag
3/30/2007, 03:20 PM
aquafresh.
Nah, Aquafresh is joined in the tube. Mentadent comes from two different chambers.

We wore mostly Traxxx as kids. I can't remember where those came from, probably K-Mart.

Dio
3/30/2007, 03:31 PM
We didn't until someone pointed out to the brass that when our people were counting cash it was a great opportunity for people to think we were friendly enough to give them a couple of grand.

But then you miss out on "Can't you just take one more deposit?"

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 03:36 PM
Nah, Aquafresh is joined in the tube. Mentadent comes from two different chambers.

We wore mostly Traxxx as kids. I can't remember where those came from, probably K-Mart.

Mentadent, holy cow! Mentadent.

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2007, 03:41 PM
But then you miss out on "Can't you just take one more deposit?"

No, we still get that.

I had a guy sit there and try to argue with me for a while on that one. Gate's halfway down already. Guy walks up at 7:03-there's still two people in the branch being helped so the gate isn't down all the way yet.

Me: "Sir, I'm sorry, but we're closed."
Him: "Can't you just take one more deposit?"
Me: "I'm really sorry, but no, we can't. I need to get my people home.
Him: "It's just one deposit."
Me: "Again, I'm sorry, but we're closed. We're open from 10am to 7pm every day. If you have an ATM card, you can make the deposit at the ATM right there."
Him: "But I really need this money tonight."
Me (internally): "Then you should have thought about that during the other 10 GODDAMN HOURS WE WERE OPEN TODAY!"

Now, honestly, as a matter of general course I wouldn't worry about one minute one way or the other. However, it's the fact that as soon as I let people walk up at 7:03 to make a deposit, there's going to be someone who comes up at 7:05 because they know we'll stay open just a little later. Then there'll be someone who walks up at 7:07. Next thing you know, we're open all G-D night.

Hamhock
3/30/2007, 03:42 PM
No, we still get that.

I had a guy sit there and try to argue with me for a while on that one. Gate's halfway down already. Guy walks up at 7:03-there's still two people in the branch being helped so the gate isn't down all the way yet.

Me: "Sir, I'm sorry, but we're closed."
Him: "Can't you just take one more deposit?"
Me: "I'm really sorry, but no, we can't. I need to get my people home.
Him: "It's just one deposit."
Me: "Again, I'm sorry, but we're closed. We're open from 10am to 7pm every day. If you have an ATM card, you can make the deposit at the ATM right there."
Him: "But I really need this money tonight."
Me (internally): "Then you should have thought about that during the other 10 GODDAMN HOURS WE WERE OPEN TODAY!"

Now, honestly, as a matter of general course I wouldn't worry about one minute one way or the other. However, it's the fact that as soon as I let people walk up at 7:03 to make a deposit, there's going to be someone who comes up at 7:05 because they know we'll stay open just a little later. Then there'll be someone who walks up at 7:07. Next thing you know, we're open all G-D night.

why do you hate your customers?

;)

KABOOKIE
3/30/2007, 03:49 PM
A bigger problem is a sign that says, No Parking 12p.m. to 6p.m.

A reasonable person could become confused as to the meaning (is that a 6 hour window for parking, or no parking?)

Yea, uh.... maybe a reasonably retarded person. :D

mdklatt
3/30/2007, 03:50 PM
why do you hate your customers?

Can I answer that one?

"The customer is always right", my ***. The customer is almost always wrong.

:les: For the last time, AstroWorld doesn't have mother****ing bumper cars!

SicEmBaylor
3/30/2007, 03:50 PM
Is Ho Lee Crap the boyfriend of Won Fat Ho?