PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever made this version of a mint julep?

royalfan5
3/30/2007, 12:44 PM
Up around these parts, there is a local concoction that is called a mint julep, but is made differently than your fancy-*** Kentucky ones. I know it involves gin, lemonade, mint, and powdered sugar, but not the ratios involved. Typically this mixture is passed around in a coffee can at a party. It is tasty, and I want to make a batch for my friends cookout tonight. Is this something that is local to my area or do any of y'all have experience with this type of drink?

StuIsTheMan
3/30/2007, 12:51 PM
Up around these parts, there is a local concoction that is called a mint julep, but is made differently than your fancy-*** Kentucky ones. I know it involves gin, lemonade, mint, and powdered sugar, but not the ratios involved. Typically this mixture is passed around in a coffee can at a party. It is tasty, and I want to make a batch for my friends cookout tonight. Is this something that is local to my area or do any of y'all have experience with this type of drink?

What...it got down graded from a BBQ...and passed around in a coffee can...man just go syphon some gas and pass that around...it's what their used to anyway
.:D