PDA

View Full Version : Tsk tsk...you ninnies couldn't bring up this topic?

Scott D
3/30/2007, 12:08 PM
I don't see it being likely, but it's still amusing nonetheless.

Harbaugh says Carroll leaving USC after season
Wishful thinking? Trojans coach dismisses comments by new Stanford boss
Updated: 2:24 a.m. ET March 30, 2007

Is this Pete Carroll's last season with USC?

Yes, according to one of his Pac-10 rival coaches.

New Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday he was quoted accurately in a CBS SportsLine story earlier this week saying Carroll would be gone after the upcoming season.

"Perhaps the reason it's been up and down here [Stanford] is that no one has stayed here 20 years," Harbaugh told CBS Sportsline. "... Charlie Weis is going to do that at Notre Dame. [Jim] Tressel at Ohio State. Pete's doing it. He's only got one more year, though. He'll be there one more year. That's what I've heard. I heard it inside the staff."

Harbaugh told the Times that USC receivers coach John Morton, who worked with Harbaugh at the University of San Diego, is not his source.

"I've heard it from multiple people secondhand, from people that have talked to people on the 'SC staff," Harbaugh told the Times.

Harbaugh added that he was "simply stating what I heard from a lot of other people," and also said, "I don't claim to be the definitive source on what Pete Carroll is going to do."

Carroll, who interviewed with the Miami Dolphins in January but has said he would remain at USC, dismissed Harbaugh's comments.

"If he's going to make statements like that, he ought to get his information right," Carroll told the Times. "And if he has any questions about it he should call me."

OSUAggie
3/30/2007, 12:16 PM
heh... Harbaugh should be good for that place.

swardboy
3/30/2007, 12:18 PM
Uh oh....is Harbaugh angling to be the Les Miles of the Pac-10? Too much mouth?

The_Red_Patriot
3/30/2007, 01:22 PM
Jim Harbaugh was the man with the colts

Fraggle145
3/30/2007, 02:06 PM
create problems your opponent has to deal with both in the media and in his staff... maybe not the classiest way, but I hate Carrol, so good one Jim!

SoonerRecon
3/30/2007, 02:54 PM
and that is why i still wear my Harbaugh #4 Colts jersey with pride, and the recent Super Bowl win.

Stitch Face
3/31/2007, 11:22 AM
Carroll, who interviewed with the Miami Dolphins in January but has said he would remain at USC, dismissed Harbaugh's comments.

In coachspeak this means he's already signed with the Dolphins and sold his home in Cali.

Snrfn4ever08
3/31/2007, 02:42 PM
I given up all hope that Carrol will ever just go away

goingoneight
4/2/2007, 11:12 PM
I hear Carrol's going to be the new Arkansas head basketball coach. But not of course, after they give one more shot at Saban.

SoonerRoads
4/3/2007, 05:13 AM
I don't see it being likely, but it's still amusing nonetheless.

Harbaugh just fixed it so that when they play USC, Carroll won't call the dogs off until they have scored more than 60 points.

Juts my take.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/3/2007, 10:48 AM
Why do we collectively want Carroll to go away? I want us to have another shot at Pete Hollywood and the rest of those SoCal T(as in Trojan)-sips....

Paperclip
4/3/2007, 11:21 AM
create problems your opponent has to deal with both in the media and in his staff... maybe not the classiest way, but I hate Carrol, so good one Jim!

Also sows doubt for recruits. Well played sir.

CrimsonFaithful
4/3/2007, 08:14 PM
Good, he can take his shady recruiting tactics to the nfl.

illinisooner
4/3/2007, 09:07 PM
Jim Harbaugh even capitalized on his early 90's fame by appearing on Saved by the Bell. Hope he does good things at Stanford though, that program deserves better than what they've had the past few years.

Sooner_Bob
4/3/2007, 09:59 PM
heh... Harbaugh should be good for that place.

no kidding . . .

snp
4/4/2007, 12:32 AM
Why do we collectively want Carroll to go away? I want us to have another shot at Pete Hollywood and the rest of those SoCal T(as in Trojan)-sips....

We are not Aggie. We don't call Texas T-Sips.

insuranceman_22
4/4/2007, 12:57 AM
Nice jimmy boy, hope that tactic works! My guess is that there may some merit to it. suc may have some interesting probes going up their collective asses in the next few months. Houses, cars, money.....lots of shady looking stuff been happening there. Now if Brand will get over the Buttmar incident and check it out, they may find some really dirty misdeeds!

soonerboy_odanorth
4/4/2007, 10:47 AM
We are not Aggie. We don't call Texas T-Sips.

You must be very young.

We do call them teasips, and often, as in "arrogant teasips", or "holier-than-thou teasips", or even "teasips who think their shiite doesn't stink".

It goes all the way back to my grandfather's days at OU (that would be in the 1920's) carried through to my parents' days at OU in the 60's. And then drilled into my skull growing up in Western Oklahoma until I left the state in '86 to attend Vandy (which I still regret instead of going to OU). And now is being passed down to my two boys, who both are convinced that OU would be a mighty fine place to go to college.

Thank you, though, for trying to "modernize" me.

But if it's all the same to you I'll just hold onto tradition.

SteelClip49
4/4/2007, 12:23 PM
I do not know why so many here hate Carroll or just want him to go away. He is a great coach and is a very laid back person, just like Stoops. Stoops and Carroll are 2 of very few coaches right now that will become even bigger names in the years to come based on what has already and will eventually be accomplished.

snp
4/4/2007, 12:42 PM
Fine, than let's start calling Texas TU as well if we're going be copying dumb nicknames from Aggie.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/4/2007, 02:18 PM
Fine, than let's start calling Texas TU as well if we're going be copying dumb nicknames from Aggie.

Knock knock, puddin'-head.

We (as in Sooners at large) already do that, too. Always have.... along with "Asstin", "Shorthorns", "the Puke Orange", and (spelling it out) "Whorns".

Like I said, you must be very young. What makes you think we copied any of that from Aggie. Are you altogether certain that Aggie didn't get some of that material from us, like they did the "horns down" hand sign? (Which btw, in case you didn't know, we do back to them to say "Go to hell, Texas". Though, I must admit my boys haven't gotten that particular detail down yet. To them it just means "down with the 'horns", as it probably does for many Sooners.) Maybe we've shared those jibes back and forth over the years before we ourselves became conference rivals. Or maybe we both do it independently because it's a natural way to chide our mutual enemy.

What? Are you going to tell me that the TU folks got "UO", "Paperclips", "Oklahomos", "Landthieves", "Gooners", and "Dirt Burglers" from Aggie?

Look, it's all silly and juvenile and petty, on both sides no matter where it originated.

But it's one of the things that makes college football rivalries so much fun.

You know, at Vandy we always said, "Nothing sucks like the Big Orange." And the "Big Orange" in that case meant the other TU... Tennessee. But come to think of it, I kind of like it.

I think I'll use it on the teasips.