PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Tucker Band Concert...

OUAndy1807
3/30/2007, 10:44 AM
I'm considering sticking around in Austin Sunday night to see MTB. This would mean that I would have to drive back through the night after the show, but I'm taking Monday off anyway.

Anyone seen them recently? Should I stick around? Are all of the original living members still around?

landrun
3/30/2007, 11:05 AM
Don't know about the band, but here's a true story....

When I was young, 19-20, I worked as a counselor at the men's homeless shelter in Nashville Tenn. I had worked there a few months and one night after chapel, this guy walks up to me and starts telling me about his life. He said he was the lead guitar player for the Marshall Tucker Band. He pulled out a bunch of newspaper clippings showing me stories etc... about the band with photos of the band. Sure enough. There he was in the middle of the photos.
At that time, he had a bag with him but no guitar.

He said he was trying to get the band back together but the other members weren't interested. So, he was having a hard time making a living - he ended up at the shelter for a little while. I think that night was the last time I ever saw him there.

I guess he got the boys back together now? At least enough of them to start touring again. Good for him.http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

picasso
3/30/2007, 11:45 AM
love their music. that lead singer had a great voice.

okiehawk
3/30/2007, 12:11 PM
Don`t know where you are from but they will be @ the zoo ampa in OKC on may 5th,with Charlie Daniels band & The Outlaws.

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 02:09 PM
Without doing research, and coming off the top of my head, all the original band members (besides Taz Degregario sic?) are dead. I'm pretty sure Toy and Tommy Caldwell are (guitar/singers), and I think one or two of the other guys too. So, it won't be anywhere near the original MTB - who RMFO with Skynyrd at the Greensboro Coliseum in the early 70's.

bluedogok
3/30/2007, 06:13 PM
According to Marshall Tucker Band - Band History page (http://www.marshalltucker.com/cgi-bin/tuck/theband.html?id=McD8LQ3M) it looks like the lead singer (Doug Gray) is the only original member in the current band.