PDA

View Full Version : FaninAma & Crimson & Orange

The VIIIth
3/29/2007, 10:59 PM
I found the following quote in a locked thread from Dec 2005 and I quote both of you...

Crimson and Orange
Trollin' for Crimson Spek

vCash: 200

Re: Does The Board Need A Hiatus From Horn Posters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaninAma
I remember that board. . . OU sucked because *************** and then Blake were our coaches at the time so essentially the horns and the bugeaters were always hammering away at each other. There was a really obnoxious poster from Nebraska that went by the handle of RedWarPony. I think she made a brief appearance on this board before the 2000 Nebraska game. Never heard from her again. There was a gay horn fan who claimed he was from San Francisco and was always wanting UT to join the Pac 10. Imagine that.

Yup. RWP appeared on every sports board around, and loved to quote statistics like mad. The AOL board was the good one, though. Eastty was the gay UT fan, and there were a couple of very good Sooner fans who made the place a lot of fun. GenCutler and JD were their names, if I remember. And a CU girl who dated one of their tight ends.... END OF QUOTES FROM FanInAma and Orange & White;

Man what a trip down memory lane...you guys had me rotf when you mentioned the gay texas fan, Easty and his freakin pom poms...LOL

That was me, GENCUTLER and I spent most of my time antagonizing Red War Pony and posting recruiting news gleaned from 900 services. I also spent a lot of time defending John Blake. I saw my old AOL name posted in the thread and was wondering what screen name you two went under on the old Grandstand Boards. There is another good friend of mine here who is a Longhorn that was also on that board (KentK, where are you?)

I couldn't believe anyone remembered those very first internet boards...wow... or Holy Crap! Red War Pony!

Blue
3/29/2007, 11:16 PM
Ah...Memories...

stoopified
3/30/2007, 09:56 AM
Was there a point hidden in there somewhere?

The VIIIth
3/30/2007, 10:00 AM
Was there a point hidden in there somewhere?

Try reading more slowly. I'm certain it'll come to you.

Seamus
3/30/2007, 10:21 AM
I love those pwn3d-counterpwn3d moments ... :D

Seamus
3/30/2007, 10:23 AM
Wasn't RedWarPony the one people kept pestering to define a "form tackle," yet she never could?

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 10:30 AM
texas wasn't that good during the Blake years, either.

C&CDean
3/30/2007, 10:45 AM
I found the following quote in a locked thread from Dec 2005 and I quote both of you...

Crimson and Orange
Trollin' for Crimson Spek

vCash: 200

Re: Does The Board Need A Hiatus From Horn Posters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaninAma
I remember that board. . . OU sucked because *************** and then Blake were our coaches at the time so essentially the horns and the bugeaters were always hammering away at each other. There was a really obnoxious poster from Nebraska that went by the handle of RedWarPony. I think she made a brief appearance on this board before the 2000 Nebraska game. Never heard from her again. There was a gay horn fan who claimed he was from San Francisco and was always wanting UT to join the Pac 10. Imagine that.

Yup. RWP appeared on every sports board around, and loved to quote statistics like mad. The AOL board was the good one, though. Eastty was the gay UT fan, and there were a couple of very good Sooner fans who made the place a lot of fun. GenCutler and JD were their names, if I remember. And a CU girl who dated one of their tight ends.... END OF QUOTES FROM FanInAma and Orange & White;

Man what a trip down memory lane...you guys had me rotf when you mentioned the gay texas fan, Easty and his freakin pom poms...LOL

That was me, GENCUTLER and I spent most of my time antagonizing Red War Pony and posting recruiting news gleaned from 900 services. I also spent a lot of time defending John Blake. I saw my old AOL name posted in the thread and was wondering what screen name you two went under on the old Grandstand Boards. There is another good friend of mine here who is a Longhorn that was also on that board (KentK, where are you?)

I couldn't believe anyone remembered those very first internet boards...wow... or Holy Crap! Red War Pony!

Good times indeed. And you never showed up again to claim your parking spots this past year amigo. Everything OK?

The VIIIth
3/30/2007, 09:24 PM
Good times indeed. And you never showed up again to claim your parking spots this past year amigo. Everything OK?

Hi Dean,

I ended up catching a ride with a buddy the last few games...I think I donated the space a couple of times. I still have the pass you gave me though. Put me down for next year amigo!

The VIIIth
3/30/2007, 09:25 PM
Wasn't RedWarPony the one people kept pestering to define a "form tackle," yet she never could?

Yeah! She had a hard time with specifics. What was your board name?

Seamus
3/30/2007, 09:59 PM
Used to have a couple -- Jammin (for Holieway), which was my "troll" name, but didn't post much under that name. My main handle was Wishbone--- ... it had some dang AOL-assigned number on the end, but it's been so long I can't recall what it was.

I seem to recall a whorn called Ronnie Bierden or Bierson or something. REB? He was actually pretty cool for a whorn. Most of the Husker fans on that board were real arse-hats, especially RWP. She got pretty boring, pretty quick. Somebody, I recall, practically made a living at making her look the fool -- telling her she couldn't truly appreciate the game because she had never played it. She got pretty chafed at that! :) Was that you, by any chance?

FaninAma
3/31/2007, 10:19 PM
I posted under TexaSooner.....I think. That was the old Austin 360 board. I was a big fan of GenCutler. There was also a really obnoxious fan from osu....AddManIam.