PDA

View Full Version : SBC Yellow Pages is harrassing me

MamaMia
3/29/2007, 12:57 PM
Are they a separate entity than Southwestern Bell or are they one in the same? They said I agreed to some on line listing verbally but I don't remember doing anything of the kind. Now they're saying that to break this verbal contract I have to pay for a year. They told me it was a service that was included with the yellow page add in the book. I have no use for an on line add. I even told them that. Who governs these people? I'm almost ready to contact the attorney general, or even worse...Brad Edwards. :mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/29/2007, 12:58 PM
RIP, Brad.

:(

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/29/2007, 12:58 PM
Oh, and I don't know about all that other stuff.

:mack:

StuIsTheMan
3/29/2007, 12:59 PM
Nuke em from orbit

SoonerBorn68
3/29/2007, 01:01 PM
My mom had a run in with the phone company similar to yours & ended up having to contact the Attorney General & the Corporation Commissioner.

This was many, may years ago though. She won BTW.

MamaMia
3/29/2007, 01:02 PM
My mom had a run in with the phone company similar to yours & ended up having to contact the Attorney General & the Corporation Commissioner.

This was many, may years ago though. She won BTW.Okay, so it was the Corporation Commission that governed them? Do they still?

Rhino
3/29/2007, 01:09 PM
Kill them.

slickdawg
3/29/2007, 01:09 PM
Southwestern Bell + AT&T Wireless + SBC + Cingular Wireless + Bellsouth = "the new a&tt"

SoonerBorn68
3/29/2007, 01:17 PM
Okay, so it was the Corporation Commission that governed them? Do they still?

I'm pretty sure they still do. They'd be my first call.

MamaMia
3/29/2007, 01:30 PM
I'm pretty sure they still do. They'd be my first call.
Okay. I'm calling them right now.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/29/2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Brad Edwards can't help you anymore.

frankensooner
3/29/2007, 01:36 PM
A verbal agreement is about as good at the paper it is written on.

Jimminy Crimson
3/29/2007, 01:36 PM
Okay. I'm calling them right now.

Ask for Denise!

SleestakSooner
3/29/2007, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't wanna be SWB yellow pages telemarketing manager right now... give em hell MamaMia

MamaMia
3/29/2007, 03:11 PM
Well, the Corporation Commission lady was very sweet and wanted to help me but she said they don't govern the now AT&T Yellow Page ad people but offered some information. So then I called the Yellow Page people and asked for a supervisor. As it turns out, the nice representative who signed me up for the phone book printed ad a while back, also signed me up for the on line ad. Apparently the on line ad/printed phone book ad combo was cheaper than just the printed phone book ad by itself. That doesn't make any sense to me but I guess its possible. Maybe they're trying to get people to use the on line ad service. Who knows? I'm just going to pay the whole years bill up front so the lady will stop calling and confusing my mother in law. I will simply make sure I get everything in writing next time. If I would have done that in the first place I wouldn't be having this problem.