PDA

View Full Version : Red River ShootOUt

StoopTroup
3/29/2007, 11:05 AM
You know...

It's only March heading into April....

But I'm feeling that the RRSO is gonna be huge this year.

So...

All you lurking whorns...

We're gonna kick yOUr A$$ this year.

I just needed to get that off my chest early.

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

BASSooner
3/29/2007, 11:31 AM
and this year, we can actually do it. They got weaker, we got stronger. How strong? That depends on OUr QB situation.

Desert Sapper
3/30/2007, 10:44 AM
They do still have that QB kid that burned us a little last year (even when we had pressure in his face). Their D should be a little weaker. Their O-Line is taking a hit. I think we have a really good chance this year.

MamaMia
3/30/2007, 11:30 AM
The horns are going to be toast. We will whip them into another 5 years straight of total submission. It will be fun. :D

OU-HSV
3/30/2007, 11:34 AM
IN

The_Red_Patriot
3/30/2007, 11:36 AM
Last years game was full of mistakes on our part, turnovers, penalties, etc.....

They won the game but we helped out a ton just like the fiesta bowl.

we still got beat

swardboy
3/30/2007, 12:26 PM
Time for another gazillion to 13 domination!

Seamus
3/30/2007, 12:55 PM
BradNichHalzfordolle could seriously cement his reputation as a Sooner legend with one of those gazillion to 13 dominations in his first start.

Don't get me wrong -- the 14-3 and 12-0 "barnburners" are fun. But I have to admit, I like giggling like a schoolgirl at halftime, knowing it's over and nothing but nothing can stop saxet from an arse-whipping. I love 63-14 and 65-13, because like Angelina Jolie and Elizabeth Hurley, they give me chubby.

Herr Scholz
3/30/2007, 08:42 PM
They got weaker, we got stronger.
In all fairness, don't you make this exact prediction every single year without fail no matter what the circumstances? No matter who our respective teams lost or who they replaced them with? ;)

goingoneight
3/30/2007, 08:51 PM
OU needs to get a hold on their guys this year and actually bring them down. Missed tackles have killed them in 2005 and 2006. I was sick at my stomach to see that freshmen whiteboy shake off OUr LB's and still make huge plays. He's a good QB, yeah... but an 8 yard quarterback sneak???

Suerreal
3/31/2007, 12:49 AM
I think it's about time to start a new 4 year streak :)

- Sue

goingoneight
3/31/2007, 01:18 AM
Why stop at 4??? :D

BASSooner
3/31/2007, 01:29 AM
In all fairness, don't you make this exact prediction every single year without fail no matter what the circumstances? No matter who our respective teams lost or who they replaced them with? ;)
We do. I'm in no denial of that. I say it this time because...well the truth is there...I mean compare on who the teams lost.

BASSooner
3/31/2007, 01:38 AM
Herr, look at it this way:

You guys lose your all-american offensive line excluding tony hills jr which will hurt you guys the most. You also have to replace an entire secondary that sucked balls the previous year and the man that is doing that is just now taking charge of the defense along with a NEW coordinator and no one knows if he is a juggernaut or not.

For us, we lose AD but you guys know that it doesn't make us worse, but makes us EVEN better. We lose OUr vet LBs but that is not a problem cuz BV is here and as long as he is here, OU will always have better linebackers than texas ever will. OUr biggest loss is our defensive end unit. CJ, Birdine, and Thibs were all very talented. However, john williams( the cousin of your former LB derrick johnson) is a beast and will start immediately with the season coming in. The other side is in question. You could say that OUr QB loss will be harsh. However, all the QBs that we have here are actually gifted QBs. I'm not saying that Paul sucked, because he didn't. He was just more of an athlete than a QB.

BASSooner
3/31/2007, 03:16 PM
Looks like the spring game results are proof of it...texASS anyway

utex74
4/1/2007, 02:10 AM
We do. I'm in no denial of that. I say it this time because...well the truth is there...I mean compare on who the teams lost.

Well, we lose 3 off the OL and that will be one of the big areas to look at. We also lose 3 out of 4 secondary but considering our secondary really blew last year (due mostly to coaching scheme) I don't know if that is a loss or not. It can't get any worse, really. The DL should be really good and the linebackers much improved which should take some run pressure off the secondary.

The most positive area is Colt is older, more experienced and from what I saw today even more accurate than he was last year. And he has the best core of receivers ever to play at UT. IF the line can give him time, that is. Also, the run game is still suspect and will have to get better to really free up the receivers.

Your OL will be solid and will need to give your new QB time to mature. It is early enough in the year that if our front 7 can pressure him it could be a factor, but of course you said the same thing about Colt last year. And your DL could give our young OL troubles this year.

All in all, you lose some, we lose some but we both have outstanding athletes and we'll see how they do in October. I am cautiously optimistic. I still work for OU and am already getting "friendly" predictions at work. I just respond with a "friendly" horns up. And so it goes.

BASSooner
4/1/2007, 02:22 AM
Well, we lose 3 off the OL and that will be one of the big areas to look at. We also lose 3 out of 4 secondary but considering our secondary really blew last year (due mostly to coaching scheme) I don't know if that is a loss or not. It can't get any worse, really. The DL should be really good and the linebackers much improved which should take some run pressure off the secondary.

The most positive area is Colt is older, more experienced and from what I saw today even more accurate than he was last year. And he has the best core of receivers ever to play at UT. IF the line can give him time, that is. Also, the run game is still suspect and will have to get better to really free up the receivers.

Your OL will be solid and will need to give your new QB time to mature. It is early enough in the year that if our front 7 can pressure him it could be a factor, but of course you said the same thing about Colt last year. And your DL could give our young OL troubles this year.

All in all, you lose some, we lose some but we both have outstanding athletes and we'll see how they do in October. I am cautiously optimistic. I still work for OU and am already getting "friendly" predictions at work. I just respond with a "friendly" horns up. And so it goes.
Working at OU? Well you've just earned my respect for having courage.

SoonerRoads
4/1/2007, 11:31 AM
Back to domination. OU wins out for at least the next two years, if not more. October will once again be a great month for OU. Boomer Sooner!

Just my take.

utex74
4/1/2007, 01:07 PM
OK. I concede. OU will be totally dominating next October and kick my poor Longhorns up and down the field in Dallas. It will be a slaughter of biblical proportions.

APRIL FOOLS!

footballfanatic
4/2/2007, 01:26 PM
BradNichHalzfordolle could seriously cement his reputation as a Sooner legend with one of those gazillion to 13 dominations in his first start.

Don't get me wrong -- the 14-3 and 12-0 "barnburners" are fun. But I have to admit, I like giggling like a schoolgirl at halftime, knowing it's over and nothing but nothing can stop saxet from an arse-whipping. I love 63-14 and 65-13, because like Angelina Jolie and Elizabeth Hurley, they give me chubby.

Argue the game all you want, but am I the only guy in the world who doesn't think Angelina Jolie is hot? Sure, she has curves, but there seems something really fake about her that bothers me. Her lips and boobs don't look real, and I think she sucks as an actress. Hurley is okay, but she's about ten years past her prime. Now, Scarlett Johansson is great. Anyone else care to agree, disagree and add to the list?

OSUAggie
4/2/2007, 01:36 PM
Argue the game all you want, but am I the only guy in the world who doesn't think Angelina Jolie is hot? Sure, she has curves, but there seems something really fake about her that bothers me. Her lips and boobs don't look real, and I think she sucks as an actress. Hurley is okay, but she's about ten years past her prime. Now, Scarlett Johansson is great. Anyone else care to agree, disagree and add to the list?

I'll disagree. Vehemently.

footballfanatic
4/2/2007, 01:48 PM
i would like to add Jessica Alba to my list. She is pretty hot.

StoopTroup
4/2/2007, 01:50 PM
You all are so SO and don't even know it. :D

MojoRisen
4/2/2007, 02:13 PM
Colt buttboy mcCoy will make a fine actress- the scene where he puts on red lipstick and has fantasy about John Williams and Jeremy Beal forcing themselves on him is classic.

footballfanatic
4/2/2007, 02:14 PM
/Users/ryznaga/Desktop/Scarlet-Johansson-Questions-Monogamy-2.jpg

footballfanatic
4/2/2007, 02:15 PM
Sorry about that. I have a great pic of Scarlett I want to attach. Not sure how.

Ash
4/2/2007, 02:35 PM
Sorry about that. I have a great pic of Scarlett I want to attach. Not sure how.

That's potentially a great way to get this thread locked...meh, go on ahead.:twinkies:

soonervegas
4/2/2007, 03:12 PM
I just put her on my signature. That and a little sprinkle of Natalie.

htownsooner7
4/3/2007, 09:52 AM
While the qb situation is troubling, it is not horrible. I can assure you that Whorn fans had no idea at this time last year that McCoy would enjoy such success. We can accomplish the same. Putting our qb in the shotgun affords time and an ability to survey the defense and offensive targets. This takes a tremendous amount of pressure off of a young quarterback. As much as I hate to say it, it probably is what enabled dummy Vince Young to be so successful. With AD gone, we no longer need to run the I. We have athletes everywhere, Kelly, Joe Jon, Gresham, Murray, Iglesias. From the gun, our young qb should be able to pick defenses apart. Should be a great year. That being said, I live in Houston and have had to get RRS tix the week of the game the last 4 yrs from ebay. Is there a way to shore up some seats sooner? Last year I was in the gd longwhorn foundation section. I had a great picture in The Oklahoman though. Paste this site.

http://www.newsok.com/article/2952707/?template=sports/ou

insuranceman_22
4/4/2007, 01:00 AM

That's just gross, but yeah, it does the same to me!

StoopTroup
4/4/2007, 09:13 AM
In 2000 I was drinking a beer outside of the Cotton Bowl at halftime.

whorns were walking out to their cars with their little whorn seat cushions...

I kept asking them where they were going....:D

"Hey! There's another half of this for you to watch!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love beer and football...

I also love watching a guy score 6 TDs for us in one game too. :D

Ahhhhhh....Memories.....

OUFan22
5/18/2007, 09:57 AM
Angelina is so ugly she nearly makes me gag every time I look at her. I can't stand her.

birddog
5/18/2007, 10:14 AM
i'd like to see you post a photo of your wife/girlfriend (boyfriend?) please.

85sooners
6/16/2007, 12:51 AM
:pop:

BASSooner
6/17/2007, 04:54 PM
We still have 3 months buddy

AlbqSooner
6/17/2007, 07:00 PM
That's just gross, but yeah, it does the same to me!
At my age I am grateful for any chubby I get. :D