PDA

View Full Version : Getting chills... it's about that time again!

goingoneight
3/28/2007, 11:13 PM
:les: SPRING FOOTBALL!!! (http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=836032)
I'm really so excited to see this spring game getting ESPN coverage, and the fact that I'll be drinking myself into a mild coma that weekend... sweetness. The only better day would be RRS Saturday. :D (as far as games I know I'll be attending for sure, so far).

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma neared the midpoint of 2007 spring practice with its seventh session on Wednesday afternoon.

The Sooners began work at the Bud Wilkinson practice fields before finishing inside Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in the second consecutive day of action.

After practice, head coach Bob Stoops cited the physical play of the defense and the team's limiting of mistakes as highlights.

Stoops also singled out two redshirt freshmen: running back DeMarco Murray and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.

"DeMarco is making good progress and, defensively, Gerald McCoy continues to look good."
The competition at the linebacker slots also drew attention from the head coach.

"They have a chance to be a really good group," said Stoops. "Ryan Reynolds and Curtis Lofton on the inside and Demarrio Pleasant and Lewis Baker have played a ton on the perimeter -- those guys are solid. Mike Reed's doing a good job and Lamont Robinson is getting better. It just takes some time and a lot of snaps."

OU has six practices remaining plus Saturday's scrimmage and the Red/White game on April 7.

Saturday's scrimmage will take place at 11 a.m., in Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. The event is open to the public and no admission will be charged.

Stoops expressed his desire for a strong showing from Sooner fans for the players and ESPN cameras at the spring game.

"We'll get great coverage across the nation again with the live ESPN broadcast," said Stoops. "It's their third time to carry our spring game live.

"We always get great support from our fans and we expect to see them on April 7. We haven't had a lot of open practices this spring so it's a great opportunity for fans to come out here, have some fun and see what we're doing."

Purchase spring game tickets online or contact the OU Athletics Ticket Office at (800) 456-GoOU (4668).

^^^^^ For those of you who were wondering about what Stoops thinks about Murray and McCoy.

bixby28
3/28/2007, 11:19 PM
From the practice highlights, Murray looks like he can do anything they need him to, and do it well. McCoy seems like he has come into his own now. Both of them could have one helluva season.

Collier11
3/28/2007, 11:20 PM
it tingles in my pants!!

Blue
3/28/2007, 11:22 PM
Espn. They're probably gathering information on us so they can destroy us once and for all!

goingoneight
3/28/2007, 11:42 PM
Espn. They're probably gathering information on us so they can destroy us once and for all!

Who else do you think submits OUr game film to USC? :D

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!! I hear they're doing that to Nebbish, too. :mad: I guess you gotta help the ones you love. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
3/29/2007, 11:02 AM
I'm gonna let my dog eat up a football in honor of Spring Practice.