PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Reynolds tears up knee again!!!

Collier11
3/28/2007, 10:15 PM
Surprised this hasnt been posted yet, but reynolds hurt his knee again. Thankfully its just his LCL and he is only supposed to be out 4-6 weeks. Sorry if I gave anyone a heart attack!

soonerinabilene
3/28/2007, 10:17 PM
good gawd man! dont freak a guy out like that. that sucks, but not NEAR as bad as actually blowing it out.

Collier11
3/28/2007, 10:20 PM
true true, just seeing who all is awake in here! Though that sucks for Ryan big time!

CatfishSooner
3/28/2007, 10:31 PM
Will he be ready to play in the fall in full form?

sooner518
3/28/2007, 10:34 PM
whew jerk!

Collier11
3/28/2007, 10:36 PM
Here ya go from the DO:
By Scott Wright
Staff Writer
Reynolds injures knee, out for spring
Oklahoma linebacker Ryan Reynolds found himself in a familiar position Wednesday — watching from the sideline.

Story continues below advertisement

The sophomore from Las Vegas said he suffered a partially torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee during Wednesday's practice.

Reynolds tore the ACL in his left knee last summer and missed the 2006 season, but the LCL injury is expected to keep Reynolds out just four to six weeks.

"It's really frustrating, just coming back and being able to hit again, then having this happen and being out for the rest of spring ball,” Reynolds said. "I was really starting to take on that Will (weakside) linebacker position.”

OU defensive coordinator Brent Venables was pleased with the way Reynolds was playing in the spring, which eases his concerns.

"He'll be back soon,” Venables said. "He could use the snaps. Everybody could. But he was playing really, really well, physically, mentally, instinctually. So I expect him to pick up where he left when he comes back.”

melbitoast
3/28/2007, 10:43 PM
son of a biscuit!!! i've been excited about this kid ever since he committed to us. i hope he heals quick cause i'm ready to see him start cracked some heads on saturdays!!
and just in case anyone missed the memo...we just picked up a HUGE QB commit for '08 class. kid threw like 45 TDs and 5-6 INTs and also ran for a few TDs his JR year

King Crimson
3/28/2007, 10:44 PM
he's a soph? eligibility?

melbitoast
3/28/2007, 10:47 PM
Reynolds should be back for the fall, and he might be a RS Soph. I can't remember if he got a medical redshirt last year or not. if he did, then yes, he's a soph.

Soonerus
3/28/2007, 10:53 PM
injury prone...

bixby28
3/28/2007, 11:23 PM
This guy is a good player. I just hope the knee is 100% by the time summer rolls around.

goingoneight
3/28/2007, 11:44 PM
Jason White anyone?

:les: BUTKUS AWARD WINNAR!!!

snp
3/29/2007, 12:01 AM
Damn. I was really hoping he'd get ST this year. This will be a setback for our Judo champ LB.

TripleOption14
3/29/2007, 08:07 AM
That bites!!! Doesn't look the LB's will be able to develop any chemistry in the preseason. Which is very important for a group of new LB's trying to learn how to play together. Damn!!!

NormanPride
3/29/2007, 10:33 AM
I hope this isn't a trend with him. Some guys just can't take the stress they put on their bodies...

SoonerSinger3
3/29/2007, 10:05 PM
If Reynolds isn't ready to play by fall, we still have Demarrio Pleasant(who has great potential, Curtis Lofton, Mike Reed, and Lewis Baker...We'll be fine...Defense should kick some ARSE this year...I feel so so sorry for the Mean Green in our opener...I'M PREDICTING 80-(-10). HAHA

birddog
4/3/2007, 11:28 AM
out 4 months...:mad:

snp
4/3/2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.newsok.com/article/3035467/

By Scott Wright
The Oklahoman
Oklahoma linebacker Ryan Reynolds is set to have surgery on the torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee today and might be out at least four months.

The early diagnosis of the injury, which occurred Wednesday, was a partially torn LCL that would require only four to six weeks of rehabilitation.

An MRI revealed a more severe tear, but the recovery period won’t be determined until after doctors repair it.

“Depending on where it’s torn at will dictate how long the rehab will be,” Reynolds said after the Sooners’ practice at Owen Field on Monday. “They said, at best, four to five months.”

Knee rehabilitation is nothing new to Reynolds, a sophomore who was becoming the front-runner to start at weak-side linebacker in the fall. He was forced to redshirt last season after tearing the ACL in his left knee soon after spring practice had concluded.

“He’s not a guy to sit down and look down on himself and take it hard,” fellow sophomore linebacker Curtis Lofton said. “He’s gonna bounce right back. I know he’ll be back when two-a-days come.”

⢠Madu injured: Norman native Mossis Madu, who has worked himself into some playing time both at running back and slot receiver for the Sooners, suffered a high left ankle sprain Monday.

The redshirt freshman said he hopes to return to the field before spring practice concludes next week.

⢠Red/White game tickets: For those OU fans looking to save money on tickets to Saturday’s Red/White spring game at Owen Field, purchasing online is the best option.

Tickets purchased at soonersports.com before game day cost $5 with an additional $1 processing fee and can be printed from your computer.

Tickets bought in advance through the OU ticket office, either by phone or in person, cost $5 along with a $5 processing fee.

Tickets will be available at the stadium the day of the game for $10 with no additional fees.

Rhino
4/3/2007, 11:54 AM
Loadholt, Reynolds and Madu all getting injured this spring.

Glad none of them are more serious though.

Collier11
4/3/2007, 11:55 AM
Yea I saw that and that sucks. All things considered I guess he could be back
by the first game still but I wouldnt expect him to be full speed. THis really sucks

Widescreen
4/3/2007, 02:09 PM
“They said, at best, four to five months.”
I don't like that sound of that.

SoonerRoads
4/3/2007, 08:04 PM
Surprised this hasnt been posted yet, but reynolds hurt his knee again. Thankfully its just his LCL and he is only supposed to be out 4-6 weeks. Sorry if I gave anyone a heart attack!

This cannot be good. I know the LCL is not as serious, but ongoing knee injuries tend to weaken the entire knee. I hope he can successfully rehab, he has tremendous potential.

Just my take.

snp
4/3/2007, 09:49 PM
This cannot be good. I know the LCL is not as serious, but ongoing knee injuries tend to weaken the entire knee. I hope he can successfully rehab, he has tremendous potential.

Just my take.

Read the entire thread before you post. It'll save you from jerks like me bitching about it.

Sooner_Bob
4/3/2007, 09:58 PM
Jason White anyone?

:les: BUTKUS AWARD WINNAR!!!

That would be so cool . . .

goingoneight
4/3/2007, 11:04 PM
^^^ I'm glad somebody finally caught onto that. CJ Ay You was a monster after his two knee surgeries, too. :)

Desert Sapper
4/3/2007, 11:32 PM
Ruuu had similar knee problems. Redshirted in '02. Busted his knee in '03, came back and played in 1 game and had 2 tackles. Came into '04 as a Sophomore with a vengeance, getting 74 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, and 1 FR. His Junior year he led the team in tackles and the rest is history. This is not unheard of. Good luck, Ryan. I want to see your Judo-flippin @$$ holding up a Butkus award and a crystal ball.

insuranceman_22
4/4/2007, 12:45 AM
Right on Desert Sapper! The only changed I'd make to your comment is hold up a couple of "crystal balls!" But well stated anyway!

SoonerRoads
4/4/2007, 05:18 AM
Read the entire thread before you post. It'll save you from jerks like me bitching about it.

I DID read the post and I know a thing or two about knee injuries. Try not deriving your self esteem from being a "jerk" as you put it, by appointing yourself the "post police". My opinion is just like yours, an opinion. If attacking the posts of others is your way of feeling "superior", I suggest you find something more important in life to cling to.

Just my take.