PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else see this?

mdklatt
3/28/2007, 10:00 PM
A few weeks ago I saw a Volvo (or maybe Saab) commercial that was all about a heartbeat sensor that would let you know if anybody was in your car before you got in. I haven't seen that commerical again, and now I'm wondering if I imagined it because that seems like such a goofy idea.

SicEmBaylor
3/28/2007, 10:00 PM
It's real. I saw it.

soonerbrat
3/28/2007, 10:01 PM
i saw it

mdklatt
3/28/2007, 10:19 PM
It's real. I saw it.

VOLVO: A car so safe it even protects you from urban legends.

Other ideas for Volvo:

An electronic device that prevents you from flashing your headlights on national gang initiation nights.

A light that comes on if you're about to be bit by one of those poisonous spiders that got loose in O'Hare Airport.

A panic button that alerts police if somebody is trying to take your kidney and leave you in a bathtub full of ice.

Obstructions on the underside of the car that prevent muggers from hiding under there and slashing your Achilles tendon.

A $500 rebate on a new Volvo from Bill Gates if you forward an e-mail to ten other people.

SicEmBaylor
3/28/2007, 10:21 PM
An electronic device that prevents you from flashing your headlights on national gang initiation nights.

Heh, my mother called me up two weeks ago and said whatever I do not to flash my lights at someone whose headlights are off because it's a gang initiation and they follow you home and kill you.

mdklatt
3/28/2007, 10:24 PM
Heh, my mother called me up two weeks ago and said whatever I do not to flash my lights at someone whose headlights are off because it's a gang initiation and they follow you home and kill you.

I don't even bother doing that anymore because Oklahoma drivers don't seem to know what it means.

SoonerStormchaser
3/28/2007, 10:31 PM
I don't even bother doing that anymore because Oklahoma drivers don't seem to know what it means.

...apparently the Okies' driving retardedness spread to the lack of use of turn signals as well.

SicEmBaylor
3/28/2007, 10:44 PM
I gotta admit that I love my home state. I really truly love Oklahoma.
But man Okies can't drive worth a ****.

Suddenly breaking on the interstate for no apparently reason is another Okie driving quirk that I don't understand.

When I first met my friend from Boston we drove down to Austin and got behind this Oklahoma car and I said, "okay now just watch...they'll suddenly break for no apparent reason." And of course we weren't disappointed.

Has everyone seen Hunt for Red October when they talk about a "crazy Ivan" when the Ruskie sub suddenly stops and turns to see what's behind it? Well, I call Okies suddenly breaking a "crazy Ivan."

Sooner Eclipse
3/28/2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah, Its real and it actually works. Locked my kid in the car to test it out. It was intended mainly for 3rd world markets but is kind of a unique feature so the marketing morons decided to introduce it into this market as well.

crawfish
3/29/2007, 07:44 AM
I gotta admit that I love my home state. I really truly love Oklahoma.
But man Okies can't drive worth a ****.

Suddenly breaking on the interstate for no apparently reason is another Okie driving quirk that I don't understand.

When I first met my friend from Boston we drove down to Austin and got behind this Oklahoma car and I said, "okay now just watch...they'll suddenly break for no apparent reason." And of course we weren't disappointed.

Has everyone seen Hunt for Red October when they talk about a "crazy Ivan" when the Ruskie sub suddenly stops and turns to see what's behind it? Well, I call Okies suddenly breaking a "crazy Ivan."

Sometimes, I get behind Oklahoma drivers and they move aside to politely let you pass. That really throws me off. :)

SoonerStormchaser
3/29/2007, 08:56 AM
Texass drivers do that a whole lot more than Okie drivers.

I'm neutral in this...I learned to drive in Ohio.

sanantoniosooner
3/29/2007, 09:00 AM
don't drivers everywhere suck?

We only gripe about the locals because those are the one's we have to deal with.

SoonerStormchaser
3/29/2007, 09:02 AM
Well...in their defense...we can all agree that the ****tiest drivers in the country all reside in Massachusetts, particularly around Boston.