PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a freak injury?

royalfan5
3/28/2007, 09:27 PM
http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?title=injury_news&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#comments

Nebraska running back Kenny Wilson snapped his femur carrying a television.

sanantoniosooner
3/28/2007, 09:29 PM
He needed more Thigh Definition.

auto
3/28/2007, 09:30 PM
You think he was carrying Ced's flat screen?:D

goingoneight
3/28/2007, 09:48 PM
That sucks, man. Hope he's alright. :(

Blue
3/28/2007, 10:08 PM

That's so bad it's good.:D

Rhino
3/28/2007, 11:00 PM
Unbelievable.

You guys had four quality underclassmen running backs last year - will you even have one this year?

Brandon Jackson enters the draft to hope to become a fifth-rounder.
Marlon Lucky ODs, er, "has a medical condition".
Kenny Wilson has a staph infection after a surgery, then breaks his leg carrying a TV.
Cody Glenn injures his foot in the offseason.

Good thing Keller likes throwing.

JPNSKER
3/28/2007, 11:00 PM
http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?title=injury_news&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#comments

Nebraska running back Kenny Wilson snapped his femur carrying a television.

You think we'll ever see him again, royal?

royalfan5
3/28/2007, 11:03 PM
You think we'll ever see him again, royal?
I hope so, but I can't imagine his bones will ever be able to take the punishment of playing football ever again. It seems to Dave Draveckyish to me for him ever to heal.

arcman46
3/29/2007, 07:41 AM
I wonder how big the tv was?:eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2007, 08:54 AM
You think he was carrying Ced's flat screen?:D

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

PAW
3/29/2007, 09:42 AM
They're saying Bowman is out for the year. That leaves them with 3 scholly CB's on the roster. Losing their front-4 and Bowman doesn't bode well for the Husker D this year. Starting the year with USC will be interesting.

NormanPride
3/29/2007, 10:32 AM

That's ****ing awful. :D

StoopTroup
3/29/2007, 10:53 AM
Aren't you supposed to watch TV?

StuIsTheMan
3/29/2007, 02:31 PM
All I want to know is... was he carrying it in or out of the house...

Collier11
3/29/2007, 03:38 PM
Nebraska is getting drilled by the kharma god's for hiring callahan it looks like! I feel bad for these kids though in all seriousness, this sucks!

Nebraska's Bowman injures knee
CB may miss six months with ruptured patellar tendon
Posted: Thursday March 29, 2007 4:23PM; Updated: Thursday March 29, 2007 4:23PM

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Nebraska senior cornerback Zack Bowman had surgery Thursday morning for a ruptured patellar tendon in his right knee and will be sidelined for up to six months.

"We feel very badly for Zack," said coach Bill Callahan in a news release. "He has worked diligently to rehabilitate his previous injury, and this is a tough setback for him."

Bowman missed the 2006 season following surgery on his left knee to repair the anterior cruciate ligament, which was torn on the third day of fall practice.

Bowman returned to Nebraska after passing on an opportunity to turn professional. An NFL draft advisory panel projected him as a second-round draft pick this year.

Callahan said he didn't see Bowman get hurt, but it was his understanding that the senior from Anchorage, Alaska, was injured when his legs got tangled with those of a receiver during a seven-on-seven drill.

Nebraska running back Kenny Wilson, already sitting out spring practice because of injury, broke a leg in a freakish accident and likely will be out for the season, Callahan said Wednesday.

Wilson suffered a broken femur while moving a television on Monday, Callahan said. Wilson has since had surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha.

Wilson, who is from Liberal, Kan., had offseason surgery after having leg pain late last season.

sanantoniosooner
3/29/2007, 03:46 PM
It's kharma gods when it happened to them.

It's bad luck when it happens to us.:D

Collier11
3/29/2007, 03:48 PM
NO, its kharma Gods because its callahan! Stoops breaks down game film with Jesus himself is what ive been told so the kharma Gods wont mess with Stoops

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 03:49 PM
Wasn't Jesus a bit of a monotheist?

Collier11
3/29/2007, 04:03 PM
yes, there is only one GOD but he has little people that work underneath him just like Steinbrenner and Jerry Jones ;)

Blitzkrieg
3/29/2007, 04:03 PM
Jesus is a cover 2 disciple.

Collier11
3/29/2007, 04:33 PM
Jesus is a cover 2 disciple.

cover 2/tampa 2...same concept, just the verbage is different

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 04:40 PM
Verbage and middle backer...

Collier11
3/29/2007, 04:44 PM
Maybe, but if Jesus doesnt like the middle linebackers play, he can take him out and it will still be what he wants it to be

The VIIIth
3/29/2007, 11:17 PM
Unbelievable.

You guys had four quality underclassmen running backs last year - will you even have one this year?

Brandon Jackson enters the draft to hope to become a fifth-rounder.
Marlon Lucky ODs, er, "has a medical condition".
Kenny Wilson has a staph infection after a surgery, then breaks his leg carrying a TV.
Cody Glenn injures his foot in the offseason.

Good thing Keller likes throwing.

The kid who broke his leg apparently had a hole drilled in the femur that broke to facilitate the antibiotics healing his infection.

Do they still use Vet's in the athletic department?

Geesh, I think I'll pass on the Nebbish Med school grads.

Tear Down This Wall
3/30/2007, 10:37 AM
Look, I don't care what happens in the interim...I just want OU and Nebraska to keep reaching the Big 12 title games. Since the series was cutoff by the Big 12, we need this every year. Nothing has seemed right since the end of the annual clash of The Big Reds.

People, I have to get it off my chest - I yearn for the old Sooner-Husker series. As a child, I sat in front of the TV with my dad, brother, uncles, and cousins, and cheered the OU greats of the 70s and 80s. And, even in the years Nebraska won, I still felt good about the game.

I love Husker football only a hair less than I love Sooner football, and Alabama is only a shade behind those two. The curse of the Big 12 can only be broken by OU and Nebraska vanquishing their conference foes and meeting in Kansas City or Dallas every year...and, then, playing Alabama for the national title.

And such.