PDA

View Full Version : Trying to increase my

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:01 PM
water intake. I know I drink WAY too much diet coke and I should drink more water, but I just hate it hate it hate it. Does iced tea count? I don't put any sweetener or anything in it, and I never drink the bottled junk. Just pure lipton iced tea. Would that count as water,? sort of? I can drink gallons of tea.

Frozen Sooner
3/28/2007, 03:02 PM
*psst*

Diet Coke has water in it.

SicEmBaylor
3/28/2007, 03:03 PM
I'll tell you a pretty damned good tasting water is Fiji but it's a bit pricey as far as water goes.

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:04 PM
*psst*

Diet Coke has water in it.

yeah, but it also has all those cancer causing sweeteners and sodium and junk. things I don't really need.

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:05 PM
I'll tell you a pretty damned good tasting water is Fiji but it's a bit pricey as far as water goes.

I'm not ghey.

Boomer.....
3/28/2007, 03:07 PM
Tea does have a lot of water in it, so I'm guessing it should count as some.

frankensooner
I don't see any problem with drinking copious amounts of tea, as long as it isn't sun-brewed of course.

rufnek05
try a green tea, they are better for you

OU4LIFE
I used to hate drinking water. It took me a few weeks of forcing it, now I pretty much drink nothing but water....and SF kool-aid in the evenings.

silverwheels
Water sucks. Gatorade is better.

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 03:08 PM
and isn't tea a diuretic?

Hamhock
3/28/2007, 03:09 PM
why do you want to increase your water intake?

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 03:10 PM
cause it's good for you.

and unless you are busting your *** working, or working out, avoid the gatoraide, you'll actually put on weight from that crap.

TopDaugIn2000
why do you want to increase your water intake?

to decrease my diet coke intake.

Mjcpr

It probably helps, but your best bet is to eat right and excercise.

Fatty.

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:11 PM
cause it's good for you.

and unless you are busting your *** working, or working out, avoid the gatoraide, you'll actually put on weight from that crap.

I drink Propel when I ride. I need more than just water, like sodium and stuff, but I don't want thee sugar from gatorade (and I don't like it)

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 03:12 PM
It probably helps, but your best bet is to eat right and excercise.

Fatty.

shouldn't you be on a smoke break?

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:12 PM

I go too much as it is. Coffee is the worst though. WHEW!

Mjcpr
3/28/2007, 03:13 PM
shouldn't you be on a smoke break?

Do you people not listen to anything I say around here?

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:15 PM

what's your name?

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 03:15 PM

I'm too busy listening to everyone in my thread not list you as their favorite poster, smokey.

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 03:16 PM
what's your name?

he prefers 'squeek'

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:16 PM
pat squeek?

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 03:21 PM
smokey squeek.

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 03:21 PM
or 'puff puff Pat'

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. oh my side.

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 03:30 PM
heh

OUHOMER
3/28/2007, 05:20 PM
all i drink at home is water, except when i first wake up= coffee, except with breakfast=milk, except when cooking out=beer, except when mowing the yard=beer, except when watching a game=beer, except when play a game=beer. other than that water

GottaHavePride
3/28/2007, 05:25 PM
WARNING!

If you just drink tea instead of water all day long YOU WILL GET KIDNEY STONES. Tea has rather high levels of calcium oxalate, which will accumulate and form stones. My dad drank tea all day for years because he hated water. Then he got kidney stones from it. Now every time he forgets and drinks tea for an extended period (even as little as a cup per day) he gets killer kidney stones from hell.

EDIT: and how do you hate water? Water does not has a flavor. If you drink water out of plastic, the plastics may be leaching odd chemicals into the water giving it a funny taste - try drinking from real glass. And get a water filter.

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2007, 06:22 PM
EDIT: and how do you hate water? Water does not has a flavor. If you drink water out of plastic, the plastics may be leaching odd chemicals into the water giving it a funny taste - try drinking from real glass. And get a water filter.

I drink out of real glasses, I use a filter, but it's just so BORING. And dont' say put lemon in it...that's nasty.

sooner_born_1960
3/28/2007, 06:27 PM
Put bourbon in it.
YWIA.

OhU1
3/28/2007, 06:28 PM
A dude I worked with told me water makes you fat! His logic was that beer is full of water and gives you a "beer belly".

You've been warned.

BigRedJed
3/28/2007, 06:34 PM
DON'T GET KIDNEY STONES!!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2007, 06:42 PM
I used to not drink much liquid at all in a day. I would maybe take in 24-36 oz, mostly of unsweetened iced tea and the occasional Coke. I was walking around dehydrated all the time.

A few months ago I started drinking more water. I buy it in the 24 oz bottles and try to finish a bottle on the way to work, then one in the day and one more in the evening. The more you drink of it, the more you will crave it.

You can buy those little Crystal Lite packets to put in your water, but I've found those are too sweet for me.

proud gonzo
3/28/2007, 07:21 PM
my dad's now addicted to that raspberry flavored water they sell. i don't know how many bottles of that stuff he goes through every day.

BigRedJed
3/28/2007, 07:46 PM
IT'S BECAUSE HE GOT KIDNEY STONES!!

sooneron
3/28/2007, 08:32 PM
I drink a gallon a day.

mdklatt
3/28/2007, 09:48 PM
I should drink more water, but I just hate it hate it hate it.

How can people hate drinking water? :confused:

royalfan5
3/28/2007, 09:58 PM
How can people hate drinking water? :confused:
It think it's more they are bored, and that boredom turns to hate, like so many marriages in the United States.

TopDaugIn2000
3/29/2007, 07:21 AM
how can tea be bad though? I mean, it's water + the juice from dried up leaves.

OhU1
3/29/2007, 08:46 AM
how can tea be bad though? I mean, it's water + the juice from dried up leaves.

It's not. Nor is Diet Coke. If you drink a 6 a day? Maybe not the best choice.

I still haven't seen anything with even an iota of science behind it that backs the claim that drinking more water than your body needs is beneficial. I can buy that drinking a little too much water does no harm and is better than drinking too little. I call B.S. on the notion that it "cleans you out" and causes weight loss as is the popular myth.

The human body is very efficient regulating hydration. Coffee, tea, coke, food all contribute to your hydration needs (even though the caffeine will cause you to net less hydration gain than drinking pure water). The claim that if your urine isn't clear that you are dehydrated is baloney. But if frequent ****ing is your thing go for it.

C&CDean
3/29/2007, 09:08 AM
It's not. Nor is Diet Coke. If you drink a 6 a day? Maybe not the best choice.

I still haven't seen anything with even an iota of science behind it that backs the claim that drinking more water than your body needs is beneficial. I can buy that drinking a little too much water does no harm and is better than drinking too little. I call B.S. on the notion that it "cleans you out" and causes weight loss as is the popular myth.

The human body is very efficient regulating hydration. Coffee, tea, coke, food all contribute to your hydration needs (even though the caffeine will cause you to net less hydration gain than drinking pure water). The claim that if your urine isn't clear that you are dehydrated is baloney. But if frequent ****ing is your thing go for it.

And this opinion is based on..................your opinion? Trust me, when you're ****ing once a day, and it's orange, you need more water.

TopDaugIn2000
3/29/2007, 09:10 AM
ewwwwwwwwwww

dolemitesooner
3/29/2007, 09:14 AM
DON'T GET KIDNEY STONES!!
WHY? i love my some KIDNEY STONES!!

OU4LIFE
3/29/2007, 09:14 AM
and I only think that water contributes to weight loss in that it can give to the feeling of fullness, and thus reduce food cravings.

dolemitesooner
3/29/2007, 09:16 AM
Here's the thing.

You cant get fat from drinking water. You can gain fat by drinking coke....I win

NormanPride
3/29/2007, 09:51 AM
Here's the thing.

You cant get fat from drinking water. You can gain fat by drinking coke....I win

Then what's your excuse?

dolemitesooner
3/29/2007, 10:59 AM
Then what's your excuse?
I AM CONFUSED....your a fat dude calling me fat. I know I am a lard ***.

Momma always said when your pointing the finger there are 2 pointing back

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/29/2007, 11:02 AM
Momma always said when your pointing the finger there are 2 pointing back

http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/other/greyblink.gif

dolemitesooner
3/29/2007, 11:09 AM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/other/greyblink.gif
ROFL:D You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BlondeSoonerGirl again.
fOR SOME REASON THAT SMILEY MADE ME SPIT UP MY DRINK...i DONT KNOW WHY OR WHAT IT MEANS BUT IT DID

OhU1
3/29/2007, 11:13 AM
Trust me, when you're ****ing once a day, and it's orange, you need more water.

Granted, but when you **** once an hour and the **** is clear either you're drinking beer on a Friday night or guzzling water and buying into the unsupported claim that we are all dehydrated. I'm just sorry I didn't get into selling bottled water before this craze hit.

Here are 2 paragraphs from an article in Runner's World that address the "8 glass a day" old saw:

We live in a water-obsessed culture. Every soccer kid has a water bottle or two. Mothers haul around gallon jugs in their minivans. And every business exec clutches a 20-ouncer while dashing through airports with a laptop and overnighter. Why? At least in part because every fitness article in every newspaper and magazine insists that you absolutely, positively must drink eight big glasses of water a day.

But where's the proof? Amazingly, there isn't any. Even in marathons, the available evidence indicates that overhydrating is a bigger health threat than underhydrating, with Cynthia Lucero's story serving as an unfortunate exclamation point.

the link to the article is pasted below. It's a good read on the topic.
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/printer/1,7124,s6-242-302--5382-0,00.html

I love water. I drink when I'm thristy. Too much water is better than too little in my opinion. But count me as a skeptic to claims of the necessity of drinking a lot of water or to the supposed weight loss and "internal cleaning" benefits of drinking a lot of water.