PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please: Red/White scrimmage question...

goingoneight
3/27/2007, 11:34 PM
Last year OUr defense dominated the Spring game, but come October/November, OUr leading receiver was playing quarterback, OUr backup RB was in, and we were utilizing the tight ends we didn't use in the spring, mostly because one of them wasn't there yet. What I guess I'm wanting to know what you all think is--

Who would you like to see have the better game, offense, or defense?

Personally, even a terrible Stoops defense (early 2006 version) is still good enough to dominate the BIG 12 these days. Me, I'm hoping OUr offense has a big day. I'd love nothing more than to see Sam Bradford be the guy come September. What can I say, I'm a fan of the home-grown players. :O

I want to see OUr OL click, OUr running backs dominate, and OUr passing game click when needed. And don't be afraid to give someone besides Manuel Johnson and Juaqin Iglesias the ball, let JJF or JG at 'em. Mix it up... give me something to hope for, KW! :)

Oh yeah, please... please let DeMarco Murray return some kicks or punts, please!!! :D

Collier11
3/28/2007, 01:04 AM
I want to see our O have a good game without a doubt! OUr D will be good if not great, but we need our O to be able to get a 10 point lead this year and make it a 17 or 24 pt lead and not sit on it. If we can showt that we can do that against our own D, Stoops might trust them enough to not sit on the damn ball!

Newbomb Turk
3/28/2007, 01:11 AM
I want to see our O have a good game without a doubt!

that's about the only thing I would look for. Other than that, it's really hard to tell a darn thing. It's a scrimmage, and take it for that.

47straight
3/28/2007, 01:11 AM
D-Fence

StuIsTheMan
3/28/2007, 09:11 AM
D-Fence

you mean D-Caf...Bump Bump....D-Caf

MojoRisen
3/28/2007, 09:33 AM
LB's DE's and QB/s

Mccoy and Granger will be good if not great!

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 09:38 AM
the last time our offense had a big day was John Blake. And EVERYONE was so excited that our offense was going to be spectacular. Little did they realize how much we would suck.

Seriously. If the defense doesn't dominate, then you are in a world of hurt come game time. The defense know the offense inside and out, and SHOULD own the scrimmage, especially if it's 1's vs. 1's.

BASSooner
3/28/2007, 10:59 AM
the last time our offense had a big day was John Blake. And EVERYONE was so excited that our offense was going to be spectacular. Little did they realize how much we would suck.

Seriously. If the defense doesn't dominate, then you are in a world of hurt come game time. The defense know the offense inside and out, and SHOULD own the scrimmage, especially if it's 1's vs. 1's.
You make a good point but those were the blake years...this is Stoops. Things are COMPLETELY different.

OU4LIFE
3/28/2007, 11:24 AM
I agree, but being that Stoops is a defensive guy, I still say you'll see the D dominate.

MojoRisen
3/28/2007, 01:03 PM
Paul Thompson threw for 350 in 03 scrimmage- we had some good recievers and passing attack.

John Kochtoston
3/28/2007, 01:36 PM

Exactly. If the defense doesn't dominate, especially 1s v. 1s, I'm very conerned. The offense should be way behind the defense IN THE SPRING, especially since we're likely to play musical QBs at the spring game.

bixby28
3/28/2007, 07:54 PM
I want to see good decision-making from the QBs and the secondary play well.

AzianSooner
3/28/2007, 08:20 PM
Offensive coaches right now are superior than Defensive coaches.

snp
3/29/2007, 12:04 AM
Offensive coaches right now are superior than Defensive coaches.

Hokay. once the offensive coaching staff can rip off about 6 straight years of top-10 offensive rankings, this will have some merit.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 01:33 AM
Hokay. once the offensive coaching staff can rip off about 6 straight years of top-10 offensive rankings, this will have some merit.

Yeah, I didn't see his point on that one, either. :confused: