PDA

View Full Version : Ramen

soonerboomer93
3/27/2007, 11:24 AM
not that fake top ramen ****, but actual ramen is pretty good after the bar at 1:30 am

fyi

Frozen Sooner
3/27/2007, 11:27 AM
Dude. That FAKE stuff is pretty good after the bar as well.

yermom
3/27/2007, 11:31 AM
it's the Sodium

Hamhock
3/27/2007, 11:33 AM
is it RAY-men or RAH-men ???

Newbomb Turk
3/27/2007, 11:37 AM
is it RAY-men or RAH-men ???

I say RAH-men.

and I agree with Mike about he fake stuff.

soonerboomer93
3/27/2007, 11:42 AM
oh no, trust me, the real stuff pwns the fake stuff

especially when all I have to do is add some hot water from the water dispenser to it

oh and eating it with chopstick = easy living

soonerboomer93
3/27/2007, 11:44 AM
oh, it was beef, and it had actually meat in it (ok, so it's probably horse or dog or some ****, but well, it's something besides a flavor packet and noodles)

silverwheels
3/27/2007, 12:11 PM
Whenever I can, I like to go to Super Cao Nguyen on Classen here in OKC to get some real ramen. So much better than Maruchen or whatever that crap is.

SicEmBaylor
3/27/2007, 01:17 PM
My freshman year roommate was Taiwanese and his dad, no joke, was a Ramen noodle kingpin and owned a couple of factories.

Pricetag
3/27/2007, 01:20 PM
I used to work at a grocery store, and we had a huge pallet of ramen noodles in the back. That was the favorite place of the mice--they dug tunnels and stuff in it.

SicEmBaylor
3/27/2007, 01:21 PM
I used to work at a grocery store, and we had a huge pallet of ramen noodles in the back. That was the favorite place of the mice--they dug tunnels and stuff in it.

Good God man, the SO is not being kind to me today. Today's topics are going to send me straight to a sterile and sealed bubble.

BigRedJed
3/27/2007, 01:24 PM
See, who says the SO can't make the world a better place?

Boomer.....
3/27/2007, 01:25 PM
Good God man, the SO is not being kind to me today. Today's topics are going to send me straight to a sterile and sealed bubble.
:D I can see it now.
http://ottman.filmmusic.com/projects/features/bubbleboy/cover.jpg
Starring SicEm

Pricetag
3/27/2007, 01:28 PM
Don't worry--any packages with holes went straight in the trash.

King Crimson
3/27/2007, 02:14 PM
a company called Thai Kitchen makes "upscale" Ramen-esque rice noodle packages (about 80 cents each). chop up some green onions, hot peppers of your choice, bean sprouts add some garlic-chili paste and cilantro and that's pretty good eats for total coast about 1.50 max per serving. even add a teaspoon of peanut butter for a fakey pad thai experience.

if you've got some leftover rotisserie chicken or whatever....so much the better.

sooner_born_1960
3/27/2007, 02:19 PM
If you use boiling water, that shouldn't matter.

Fraggle145
3/27/2007, 02:33 PM
a company called Thai Kitchen makes "upscale" Ramen-esque rice noodle packages (about 80 cents each). chop up some green onions, hot peppers of your choice, bean sprouts add some garlic-chili paste and cilantro and that's pretty good eats for total coast about 1.50 max per serving. even add a teaspoon of peanut butter for a fakey pad thai experience.

if you've got some leftover rotisserie chicken or whatever....so much the better.

http://p2.hostingprod.com/@thaikitchen.com/productsstore.html

Ya buddy, these are the Sh-e-e-et! I bought a ton of them like a large box of like 20. :pop:

LoyalFan
3/27/2007, 02:43 PM
That packaged stuff is dangerously high in sodium. Check your BP after some o' dat and scare the poop outta yourself.
I used to eat lots of it until I happened to mention it to my MD one day. She had a fit and threatened to neuter me if I evAR ate it again. Since a good part of my love life revolves around a fantasy involving her and a hernia check gone wild, I followed her directive.
I miss it, but I'd miss my nads more. Being dead is not all that attractive either, unless she'll share eternity with me, doing stuff that ain't normally done in Heaven (or so Father Flotsky told me. Then again, how would HE know?)

LF

yermom
3/27/2007, 02:44 PM
If you use boiling water, that shouldn't matter.

you can boil rat **** all you want, i'm not eating it ;)

sooner_born_1960
3/27/2007, 02:45 PM
you can boil rat **** all you want, i'm not eating it ;)
The point of my post was to make Sicem hurl, not you.

King Crimson
3/27/2007, 02:51 PM
http://p2.hostingprod.com/@thaikitchen.com/productsstore.html

Ya buddy, these are the Sh-e-e-et! I bought a ton of them like a large box of like 20. :pop:

i've heard mixed things about their other stuff....but those individual packets are a bargain. and the hot and sour noodles in the big pack are pretty good.

MamaMia
3/27/2007, 03:01 PM
I used to work at a grocery store, and we had a huge pallet of ramen noodles in the back. That was the favorite place of the mice--they dug tunnels and stuff in it.My uncle had a occasion to go into a warehouse deep in the industrial part of the city one night. The Godfather of all the Boston baked bean and other candy machines including those gum ball slot machines stored his stuff in there. He said there were dirty rats crawling all through it. I never allow my grandbabies to have any of that candy, nuts or gum out of those coin machines.

Fraggle145
3/27/2007, 03:51 PM
i've heard mixed things about their other stuff....but those individual packets are a bargain. and the hot and sour noodles in the big pack are pretty good.

Ed Zachary. The Hot and Sour Noodles are the best... the sweet onion are just okay.

Pricetag
3/27/2007, 04:59 PM

Jeez, is there actually anything inside the package? It sounds like you bought a soup stone.

KC//CRIMSON
3/27/2007, 05:08 PM
Ming Tsai makes the best asian food out there.....

I made a pact with myself along time ago, that I would never eat Ramen noodles again as long as I was employed.:D

soonerboomer93
3/27/2007, 06:16 PM
I made the same pact with myself.

But there really is a difference in what you get in the supermarket, vs what I can buy at the store over here. It's just better