PDA

View Full Version : Dirty little secret about Coach Tubbs

picasso
3/27/2007, 10:20 AM
he was bald underneath that comb-over.

badger
3/27/2007, 06:09 PM
no national titles. we should fire him for being average. what have his teams done lately???
;)

okienole3
3/27/2007, 06:21 PM
no national titles. we should fire him for being average. what have his teams done lately???
;)

we basically did

KC//CRIMSON
3/27/2007, 06:36 PM
;)

They put that '88 final in OKC and we've got a championship banner hanging in the Llyod Noble.;)

FaninAma
3/27/2007, 08:02 PM
He wasn't a very good jogger, either.

stoopified
3/28/2007, 05:05 PM
He wasn't a very good jogger, either.He was a great jogger ,just not very good in the automobile hurdles. :D I love the story about him sitting up in bed at the hospital wearing a BILLY TUBBS JOGGING CLUB t-shirt which featured a jogger wearing stereo headphones with tire treads euperimposed on it.

fwsooner22
3/28/2007, 05:26 PM
we basically did

No we basically didn't...........His incredible recruiting class two years before he "left" was approved by the academic advisor(Mr. Hill) and then in the 11th hour the advisor changed his mind and did not allow two or three of the kids in school. Billy was pi$$ed and took his show to TCU the next year. He was not fired. He may well have been soon but he left on his own.

OUmillenium
4/2/2007, 10:26 AM
No we basically didn't...........His incredible recruiting class two years before he "left" was approved by the academic advisor(Mr. Hill) and then in the 11th hour the advisor changed his mind and did not allow two or three of the kids in school. Billy was pi$$ed and took his show to TCU the next year. He was not fired. He may well have been soon but he left on his own.

Tell me some more info on this please, I am a huge Tubbs/vintage OU basketball fan. Who were some of the players? I remember a big guy from Connors St was supposed to be our next superstar.

Thanks, in advance

C&CDean
4/4/2007, 02:04 PM
OUmillenium,

I've been meaning to tell you that your sig is all ****ed up.

On Boot Hill, in Tombstone, AZ, is the grave of Lester Moore. The headstone reads:

Here lies Lester Moore
4 slugs from a .44
No Les, no more.

Just wanted to point that out.

Petro-Sooner
4/4/2007, 02:11 PM
He was a great jogger ,just not very good in the automobile hurdles. :D I love the story about him sitting up in bed at the hospital wearing a BILLY TUBBS JOGGING CLUB t-shirt which featured a jogger wearing stereo headphones with tire treads euperimposed on it.

I'm obviously out of the loop on this story. What happened?

CobraKai
4/4/2007, 02:59 PM
I would love to have one of those Tubbs jogging club shirts now.

I'm obviously out of the loop on this story. What happened?

He was hit by a car in Norman while jogging.

Scott D
4/4/2007, 03:23 PM

well to be fair, it might have been better if one or two of those other players made it and Prince Fowler didn't ;)

william_brasky
4/4/2007, 06:53 PM
did they ever find the person responsible for running Billy down whilst jogging?

Scott D
4/4/2007, 08:11 PM
Eddie Sutton claims he and his bottle of Jack Daniels were in Kentucky at the time getting another FedEx envelope full of money ready for Chris Mills' father.

picasso
4/5/2007, 07:30 PM
did they ever find the person responsible for running Billy down whilst jogging?
it was Norm Stewart.

william_brasky
4/5/2007, 08:54 PM
it was Norm Stewart.

I always suspected Switzer for stealing a little thunder. :texan:

But I wouldn't doubt Stormin' had something to do with it.

Maybe even Johnny Orr. He seems like he would have some mob connections.

picasso
4/5/2007, 09:09 PM
I always suspected Switzer for stealing a little thunder. :texan:

But I wouldn't doubt Stormin' had something to do with it.

Maybe even Johnny Orr. He seems like he would have some mob connections.
Orr was a handsome man wasn't he?