PDA

View Full Version : The Riches, on FX channel

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/27/2007, 02:33 AM
Anybody got opinions of this thing? It's pretty perverse, but well done, I think. I don't really know, yet, which member of the family I think is the sickest, but I lean towards Minnie Driver.

def_lazer_fc
3/27/2007, 02:46 AM
****s dumb like limbaugh.

Boomer.....
3/27/2007, 08:41 AM
I am starting to like the show. It is kind of not realistic that you can take over a dead guy's life without anyone finding out, but oh well. Minnie Driver is definitely the most screwed up with the little cross dressing boy coming in second.

SoonerStormchaser
3/27/2007, 08:44 AM
I don't see why this thing is so hyped...I think it sucks!

3/27/2007, 09:15 PM
I am starting to like the show. It is kind of not realistic that you can take over a dead guy's life without anyone finding out, but oh well. Minnie Driver is definitely the most screwed up with the little cross dressing boy coming in second.Looking at the previews of upcoming episodes, it appears that they MIGHT be getting caught by one or more factions. Saw it last night, and am sorta hooked, too.

3/27/2007, 09:17 PM
****s dumb like limbaugh.What's your problem?

4/17/2007, 01:21 PM
OK, a good number of episodes have shown, and I'm still hooked on it. What a crazy show! The dimwit kid traveler who is "engaged" to DeeDee is SOOO screwed up. He gives me the willies when he's on the set. Sorry to see the old man get dumped in the woods!

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2007, 01:22 PM
I like it.

Boomer.....
4/17/2007, 01:27 PM
Still in.

SoonerAtKU
4/17/2007, 01:28 PM
I am really enjoying this show. I am interested to see if it continues past one season and how they keep the tension up for that long.

My wife says she likes the show, but it makes her too nervous to watch.

4/17/2007, 01:32 PM
I am really enjoying this show. I am interested to see if it continues past one season and how they keep the tension up for that long.

My wife says she likes the show, but it makes her too nervous to watch.I'm wondering when someone is gonna find the car in the lake with the two dead bodies in it!!!

4/25/2007, 08:36 PM
The hot water gets deeper for Wayne and Dahlia! I wish they would dispose of that sociopathic brother of hers.

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 09:09 PM
The hot water gets deeper for Wayne and Dahlia! I wish they would dispose of that sociopathic brother of hers.

Do you mean Dale? That's not her brother.

4/25/2007, 09:49 PM
Do you mean Dale? That's not her brother.Then, what is Dahlia's relationship to any of the "family" at the trailer park?

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 09:58 PM
Then, what is Dahlia's relationship to any of the "family" at the trailer park?

I gather that travellers are like Irish gypsies. The trailer park seems to be a tribal society, with a bunch of individual families who are all related somehow. Dale had the hots for Dahlia when they were younger, so hopefully they're not related too closely. :eek: She picked Wayne over him, thus the animosity. Dale is the son of the old dead guy, who was the head of the tribe.

4/25/2007, 10:04 PM
I gather that travellers are like Irish gypsies. The trailer park seems to be a tribal society, with a bunch of individual families who are all related somehow. Dale had the hots for Dahlia when they were younger, so hopefully they're not related too closely. :eek: She picked Wayne over him, thus the animosity. Dale is the son of the old dead guy, who was the head of the tribe.I somehow missed the info that Dale had hots for Dahlia. Then, is it unclear to you who are any blood relatives that Dahlia has?

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 10:06 PM
I somehow missed the info that Dale had hots for Dahlia.

I guess you didn't see Monday's episode?

SPOILER ALERT :O

Then, is it unclear to you who are any blood relatives that Dahlia has?

Correct.

4/25/2007, 10:11 PM
I guess you didn't see Monday's episode?

SPOILER ALERT :O

Correct.I saw most of it, but got interrupted a couple of times. So, do you know of anyone she IS related to? I don't.

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 10:15 PM
I saw most of it, but got interrupted a couple of times. So, do you know of anyone she IS related to? I don't.

I don't know of anybody that Dahlia or Wayne are directly related to.

4/25/2007, 10:21 PM
The previews of the next episode look pretty wild. That real estate developer sure cuts Wayne an Dahlia a lot of slack, eh?

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 10:29 PM
The previews of the next episode look pretty wild. That real estate developer sure cuts Wayne an Dahlia a lot of slack, eh?

He's as big a scoundrel as they are. They all have dirt on each other.

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 10:38 PM
I like it.

4/25/2007, 11:03 PM
I like it.For me, it's plenty addictive, a lot like "24".

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 11:16 PM
I've only watched 3 or 4 episodes so far, and i'm not sure where they're going with the show yet. But it probably wouldn't matter if it was bad... I'd watch it just because of Eddie Izzard.

4/26/2007, 12:12 AM
I've only watched 3 or 4 episodes so far, and i'm not sure where they're going with the show yet. But it probably wouldn't matter if it was bad... I'd watch it just because of Eddie Izzard.Would you watch "the Office" if Dwight Schrute wasn't on it?

Boomer.....
4/26/2007, 08:38 AM
I took it as Dahlia was part of the family, somehow, and Wayne was not. That is why he is so eager to leave in the beginning and she doesn't want to go.

4/26/2007, 12:03 PM
I took it as Dahlia was part of the family, somehow, and Wayne was not. That is why he is so eager to leave in the beginning and she doesn't want to go.Good point. NOBODY seems to stick up for Wayne in that "family".

Boomer.....
4/26/2007, 12:59 PM
They all hate Wayne, yet the old guy/leader/dad was going to make him the new head of the family when he died instead of Dale.

5/1/2007, 01:16 AM
Holy smokes, this episode of 4-30-07 was super. Poor ex-baseball player. Next week's previews look like some more tension and fireworks, with the black gal from prison coming to work for the Riches...Dahlia likes it on top.

Boomer.....
5/1/2007, 08:48 AM
The whole scam scene was great!

Hamhock
5/1/2007, 09:45 AM
i hate to sound puritanical, but i really don't understand the need for the language. i've actually seen a couple of episodes and became interested, but wish they would do without all the gratuitous ****s and such.

rufnek05
5/1/2007, 09:51 AM
with tall the new shows on FX in the past few years i find myself watching that channel more than the other "prime time" channels. shows like NIP/TUCK, The Riches and Rescue Me all kick *** 'cus there are any other shows like them on tv. and they come on after i get off work. speaking of "rescue me" who else is looking forward to the new season this summer?

Boomer.....
5/1/2007, 10:20 AM
I am not really a Rescue Me fan, but am a Nip/Tuck addict.

5/1/2007, 12:19 PM
BTW, I didn't catch just how Dahlia managed to lose the original $40K they stole from the "family". Did someone steal it from her where she buried it, or what?

Boomer.....
5/1/2007, 01:03 PM
She buried it when she was doped up on cough medicine near the RV. The lady who runs the neighborhood association had the RV towed and Dahlia forgot where she buried the money.

5/1/2007, 01:34 PM
She buried it when she was doped up on cough medicine near the RV. The lady who runs the neighborhood association had the RV towed and Dahlia forgot where she buried the money.Aha, I didn't see that about the RV getting towed. Thanks.

rufnek05
5/7/2007, 10:02 PM
anyone catch tonight episode? by far the most f'ed up episode of them all.

5/8/2007, 01:16 AM
F'd up, indeed! The previews of next show look as chaotic. Wayne(Doug) will apparently come unglued. I wonder what was in that ?cocaine?? that Hugh took to make him reduced to a near-veg on the floor.

soonerboomer93
5/8/2007, 02:21 AM
I am not really a Rescue Me fan, but am a Nip/Tuck addict.

nip/tuck lost me a long time ago

but I do like Rescue me, and I've become a big fan of The Shield...

Boomer.....
5/8/2007, 08:55 AM
I just can't figure how any of them thought it was acceptable to hire Chunky K.

5/8/2007, 11:46 AM
I just can't figure how any of them thought it was acceptable to hire Chunky K.I couldn't imagine why Dahlia started talking to her at the liquor/grocery store. She could have EASILY snuck away unnoticed. (esp. considering Chunky Kay is an emotional wreck, and is knife-happy.)

Boomer.....
5/8/2007, 01:19 PM
and a coke head!

5/15/2007, 01:27 AM
OK, this episode on 5-14, Doug/Wayne does a good drug-affected schitzo. Not ever having done any meth, it's hard to relate to what he was going through. Questions: 1) Who did the real Doug's mom call on the cell phone? 2) Where was Hugh during the episode? 3)Dale and the one-armed girl obviously are cooking up a plot. Any guesses?

Boomer.....
5/15/2007, 08:35 AM
Pretty entertaining episode.
1) I don't think that her cell phone works. It is just there for her amusement.
2) They said he was on vacation somewhere.
3) Probably to sleep together since she is married to a 90 year old man.

5/15/2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah, Dale and the one armed girl have some lust going on, but Dale's wanting to get some money from her, too, IMO. They're going to do something nasty to the Riches.

5/22/2007, 02:15 AM
Well, today's 5-21-07episode was more chaos, as expected. In the previews of the next episode, it showed the Riches meeting the one armed girl with Dale at some party. I expect Dale to do some damage to somebody during the next episode. Also, did anyone catch who that was who comes to visit the Riches who actually knew the real Riches?

Boomer.....
5/24/2007, 07:56 AM
The person visiting was a friend of the Riches.

Something is going to happen with the grandma making the phone calls on her cell phone. She told the little kid and Doug again that she called people.

5/29/2007, 01:22 AM
5-28 Haha, Pete! Wayne and Dahlia should have let that guy jump off the balcony. Wonder if the subject of the car in the swamp will "come up" in the Season Finale! I hope Dale is dispatched, one way or another. I tend to think Hugh won't really care that The Malloys aren't really the Riches.

Boomer.....
5/31/2007, 10:39 AM
Seems like everyone knows that they aren't who they say they are. Next week should be very good.

Funny that Gigi put the no hitting it from behind clause in her post-nup. :D

5/31/2007, 11:10 AM
Seems like everyone knows that they aren't who they say they are. Next week should be very good.

Funny that Gigi put the no hitting it from behind clause in her post-nup. :DThey must have a ball writing this series. Looks like we're the only 2 SO types sticking around to enjoy it.

Boomer.....
5/31/2007, 01:08 PM
Looks like it.

SoonerAtKU
5/31/2007, 01:50 PM
There's at least one more here. This show is fantastic, and I really hope they can keep this up for another season at the least.

mdklatt
5/31/2007, 04:10 PM
They must have a ball writing this series. Looks like we're the only 2 SO types sticking around to enjoy it.

I still watch it.

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2007, 04:24 PM
I stuck with it, I'm just 3 episodes behind on the DVR. I like it.

5/31/2007, 06:09 PM
I stuck with it, I'm just 3 episodes behind on the DVR. I like it.They go from one calamity to another catastrophe, and throw in an incredible success. Pretty amazing scripts.

6/5/2007, 01:19 AM
Well, just watched the show of 6-4-07. Am I correct that this was the season finale? Poor Pete is about to get mugged again, and in a really bad way. Looks like the Riches/Malloys have a new lease on their identity, and now must (whenever) face Dale!

Boomer.....
6/6/2007, 07:26 AM
I think that it was the finale.

mdklatt
3/18/2008, 05:37 PM
Season premier tonight at 9 pm Sooner Daylight Time, Riche$ bitches.

colleyvillesooner
3/18/2008, 05:42 PM
In

shaun4411
3/18/2008, 06:09 PM
i think its a really cool show with a somewhat original storyline. thats why it'll stay. it looks better in HD!

shaun4411
3/18/2008, 06:11 PM
nip/tuck lost me a long time ago

but I do like Rescue me, and I've become a big fan of The Shield...

What did you think of "Over There" ?

3/19/2008, 01:07 AM
Well, The Riches at least met expectations with the new season's first episode. Anybody see it? I liked it as much as last year.

colleyvillesooner
3/19/2008, 04:54 AM
yep, solid. I like Dale. :D

3/19/2008, 10:40 AM
yep, solid. I like Dale. :DDale is delightful, ain't he? Hugh always cracks me up. I liked the line where he was trying to give his new wife a ring, and was describing talking with her, and said something like "Just be happy, dam*t". They crammed a lot of chaos into that first episode!

Boomer.....
3/20/2008, 08:29 AM
Good first episode. I almost forgot what happened at the end of last season, but this episode recapped some of it.

3/20/2008, 02:14 PM
Good first episode. I almost forgot what happened at the end of last season, but this episode recapped some of it.The program didn't come on until 10PM here in PHX! There was a movie on that didn't end til then. ..But, it was advertised on FX as 10PM Eastern!!! What time did you guys get it in Central time?

mdklatt
3/20/2008, 02:19 PM
The program didn't come on until 10PM here in PHX! There was a movie on that didn't end til then. ..But, it was advertised on FX as 10PM Eastern!!! What time did you guys get it in Central time?

9 pm, after the movie. Aren't you on Pacific Time now? PT = ET for television purposes.

3/20/2008, 02:47 PM
9 pm, after the movie. Aren't you on Pacific Time now? PT = ET for television purposes.You are prolly right on with that comment. We don't ever change time, but Pacific jumps ahead, so we are now on their time until the change in the fall.

shaun4411
3/20/2008, 04:47 PM
i am not a big fan of dale. i was hoping wayne would slit his throat. he is too slimy and canniving and worthless.

3/20/2008, 04:48 PM
i am not a big fan of dale. i was hoping wayne would slit his throat. he is too slimy and canniving and worthless.He plays the part quite well, no?

Boomer.....
3/21/2008, 08:13 AM
I don't think Wayne would hurt him because he is "family". He play the role very well!

3/21/2008, 09:57 AM
I don't think Wayne would hurt him because he is "family". He play the role very well!Good point. And, Wayne would have 4 bodies to cover up, instead of just 3.(the real Riches, and Pete)Besides, Dale is a great villain, I think.

3/26/2008, 01:39 AM
Wow, 3-25-08 show. Is Wayne gonna dispose of Dale? How the hell is he going to confront him after ditching him in the cemetary?(yeah, I guess Dale wants a piece of that $13 million bad enough to forgive Wayne)

StoopTroup
3/26/2008, 08:06 AM
I saw this show last night...

Pretty bizarre.

3/26/2008, 11:20 AM
I think Dahlia or DeeDee kept the money they took in at that bogus raffle for the car. They haven't said anything about it yet. It had to have been a pretty sizeable amount.

SleestakSooner
3/26/2008, 11:29 AM
Way too many Brits donning Yankee accents for my taste.

4/2/2008, 01:19 AM
4-1-08 episode. 1)What does Dale plan to do with the Traveler who just got released from prison?(the one who stuck the fork in Dale's arm)
2) What does Dahlia have planned with the alcoholic guy from the AA meeting in the church?
3) Cal's about to get out of control, I think. Wonder how he's going to screw things up for the family.

4/2/2008, 07:30 PM
Has "the Riches" lost the Soonerfans audience? Anyone else see it last night, and have any thoughts on it?

shaun4411
4/2/2008, 07:32 PM
He plays the part quite well, no?

yes he does. he makes me hate him. it is effective.

4/2/2008, 07:40 PM
yes he does. he makes me hate him. it is effective.Me too. Now we have the Irish Traveler ex-con in the picture, too. WTF is he going to do?

Boomer.....
4/10/2008, 04:30 AM
Sorry. Too many shows and I had to DVR it, but I'm caught up now. This season is getting crazy! It was a HUGE mistake for Dahlia to go to the cops as we will see in the next episode. I also think that Cal is going to cause a lot of problems for the family also. I wonder how Wayne will handle the PI who is looking for Pete.

C&CDean
4/10/2008, 04:36 AM
Of course I've never even heard of this POS, but Eddie Izzard was on Conan last night and he was talking about it. Does Izzard have a part or write for it or what? I like Eddie Izzard.

4/10/2008, 07:00 AM
Of course I've never even heard of this POS, but Eddie Izzard was on Conan last night and he was talking about it. Does Izzard have a part or write for it or what? I like Eddie Izzard.Eddie is the leading character, Wayne Malloy, alias Doug Rich. Minnie Driver is his wife, Dahlia Malloy, alias Shirrene Rich. It's on FX on Tuesday nights, at 10PM, Eastern and Pacific, 9 Central. They repeat the show immediately after they run it the first time.

4/10/2008, 07:07 AM
Sorry. Too many shows and I had to DVR it, but I'm caught up now. This season is getting crazy! It was a HUGE mistake for Dahlia to go to the cops as we will see in the next episode. I also think that Cal is going to cause a lot of problems for the family also. I wonder how Wayne will handle the PI who is looking for Pete.I like the Russian mafia guy, and the black secretary at Panco all upset about the "Affordable Housing" issue with the new development.

4/23/2008, 03:30 PM
OK, anybody watched the last 2 shows? They say next week is the SEASON FINALE. The previews showd the Russian mafia guy in a scene. The season was cut short by the writer's strike, so next week's episode might not bring together many of the (multiple) loose ends. Any thoughts?

shaun4411
4/23/2008, 03:33 PM
f*cking writers strike. it already ruined 24 for us

4/30/2008, 01:18 AM
Well well, so many dilemmas, pending catastrophes, bad folks, drugs and Lunacy! I thought for sure Dale was whacked, but he shows up at the end of the show, with his arm in a cast. The Russian mafia guy wants Wayne to dispose of Hugh, quickly. Dahlia and the black parole officer, DeeDee getting all horny and wild, and Quinn, with Cael in tow. Guess we gotta wait til next season!

Boomer.....
5/3/2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah the last episode was a bummer. It didn't wrap up anything and actually created more story lines. I guess we will have to wait.

5/3/2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah the last episode was a bummer. It didn't wrap up anything and actually created more story lines. I guess we will have to wait.The writer's strike cut it off. I doubt they intended that show to be the season finale.