PDA

View Full Version : BCG to Hawgs...

OSUAggie
3/26/2007, 03:28 PM
I've heard this is actually true.. Heath wasn't retained. aTm people are denying it, but Arkie people are saying it's happening..... Anybody know anything?

humblesooner
3/26/2007, 03:35 PM
FOX Sports is reporting that Heath has been bought out and that Gillespie is said to be the front-runner and may even be announced as early as today.

NormanPride
3/26/2007, 03:55 PM
holy freaking crap

OSUAggie
3/26/2007, 03:56 PM
I hope he goes... aTm needs to get back to 0-16.

boomersooner82
3/26/2007, 03:57 PM
It probably wouldn't be the best thing for the Big 12 if Gillespie bails and a&m goes back in the tank, but nothing gives me a good laugh like aggie misfortune. Of course then they'd probably deify their 2007 season. They'd come up with something like a 2007th Man tradition, where every game the 2007th person to enter Reed Arena gets to dress and start that game. Too rediculous? Just remember, there's no shame in College Station.

CobraKai
3/26/2007, 04:35 PM
Personally I'm glad. The Big 12 and particularly the south is hard enough to get through with OSU, Texas, Tech, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa State, etc...

OSUAggie
3/26/2007, 04:37 PM
well... if/when ISU and Mizzou return to their previous form... But yes, the South is ridiculous, and I hope he's gone.

DalHorn
3/26/2007, 05:03 PM
aggys say Gillespie has been in his office while regents work out a new contract. swine says he's been up there and will be announced tomorrow - including sources inside the AD's office. Someone is going to have egg on their face. While both institutions are well known for egg-on-the-face, recent history points to the piggies being suspect in this one.

I believe Gillespie stays at a&m after they pay him a mint. He'd probably rather stay in his home state and close to Houston talent anyway.

Octavian
3/26/2007, 05:04 PM
yeah, I hope he leaves too...

but why would he leave A&M for Arkansas?

He's got a good thing going in CS and Arky hasn't been a major player since the 90s.

New Arky AD coming in he doesn't even know yet....and Aggy can match the pay, has new facilities and is in the middle of a nice recruiting area.

He should wait for the offer from Lexington and then wave goodbye to Aggy.

trwxxa
3/26/2007, 06:39 PM
aggys say Gillespie has been in his office while regents work out a new contract. swine says he's been up there and will be announced tomorrow - including sources inside the AD's office. Someone is going to have egg on their face. While both institutions are well known for egg-on-the-face, recent history points to the piggies being suspect in this one.

I believe Gillespie stays at a&m after they pay him a mint. He'd probably rather stay in his home state and close to Houston talent anyway.
...and that the new contract has been agreed upon and the Board of Regents will rubber stamp it later this week.

trwxxa
3/26/2007, 06:42 PM

He's got a good thing going in CS and Arky hasn't been a major player since the 90s.

New Arky AD coming in he doesn't even know yet....and Aggy can match the pay, has new facilities and is in the middle of a nice recruiting area.

Apparently, Kentucky wants someone who has already taken a team to the Final Four. :P

AllAboutThe'O'
3/26/2007, 07:47 PM

Because Frank Broyles, who leaves his AD post on New Year's Eve, wants to go out in a blaze of glory and try to get one more final "big-time" coach to cement his legacy.
Even though they've been mediocre the past few years, Arkansas still has the facilities and the tradition to be a big-time job and the Hogs can win with the right guy. If Georgetown can return to its glory days, then Arkansas surely can as well.

royalfan5
3/26/2007, 09:23 PM
FWIW, Coach Sadler issued a statement today denying that he is interested in the Arkansas job. He is an alum, and the is some speculation that he might be targeted if some of the other options fall through.

Katherine
3/26/2007, 10:12 PM
It keeps going back and forth.
All I know is that one of BCG's recruits told him that he's not going anywhere.
And that BCG was apparently in Arkansas yesterday at the same time as he was seen at the Outback in CS.
Ha, internet rumors suck.

Sooner24
3/26/2007, 10:34 PM
I hope he goes... aTm needs to get back to 0-16.

I hope OSU signs Sean Sutton to a ten year contract so the Cowboys will suck for the next decade. Personally I think Sean will have a stroke before he could log ten years

OSUAggie
3/27/2007, 10:18 AM
Sean wins 20+ games with 7 players and he sucks. Capel goes 1 game over .500 with 10 players and he's a genius. Brilliant.

PrideTrombone
3/27/2007, 10:24 AM
Sean wins 20+ games with 7 players and he sucks. Capel goes 1 game over .500 with 10 players and he's a genius. Brilliant.

You really think we had 10 D-I-level players on our roster?

royalfan5
3/27/2007, 10:30 AM
Sean didn't look like a genius on the road this year. NU managed some road wins with one post player, some freshman and a cripple. That's some genius right there.

picasso
3/27/2007, 10:46 AM
you underachieved greatly. it's a fact.

OSUAggie
3/27/2007, 11:03 AM
I'm not denying that we underachieved. I think circumstances (attrition-related) were more of an attributing factor than coaching. I think Sean has proven he can coach when he was basically the leader of the team for a 5-year period ('01-'05) in practice and preparation, while Eddie was in more of a hands-off role and made adjustments during the game.

People forget that Sean was a first-year head coach last year, and there is typically an adjustment period for that. I believe labeling him as a poor coach is a mistake, based on his genes and track record.

picasso
3/27/2007, 11:05 AM
I'm not denying that we underachieved. I think circumstances (attrition-related) were more of an attributing factor than coaching. I think Sean has proven he can coach when he was basically the leader of the team for a 5-year period ('01-'05) in practice and preparation, while Eddie was in more of a hands-off role and made adjustments during the game.

People forget that Sean was a first-year head coach last year, and there is typically an adjustment period for that. I believe labeling him as a poor coach is a mistake, based on his genes and track record.
do not underestimate whatever role you think Eddie had while the goofy son was drawing up plays.

Sooner24
3/27/2007, 11:07 AM
Sean is not a first year coach. He has been coaching the team for several years while Eddie was having back problems, drinking problems and probably ED problems.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/28/2007, 03:17 PM
Back to the topic at hand; looks like the Hogs may have egg on their faces.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/4668232.html

illinisooner
3/29/2007, 12:55 AM
Aggie, you didn't win a road game. I'd say that's a little more (or is it less?) than underachieving.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 02:19 AM
Deblam record 1-1 in 2006/2007. Cry about your record all you want, all you got to do this year was get embarassed by Marist. I think this is a year we'd all like to forget.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 02:21 AM
Sean is not a first year coach. He has been coaching the team for several years while Eddie was having back problems, drinking problems and probably ED problems.

Back problem leads to ED problem leasds to drinking problem leads Goofy Son being born. :D

william_brasky
3/29/2007, 05:26 AM
Is this the street where Gallagher-Iba is located?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/william_brasky/cowshilane.jpg

King Crimson
3/29/2007, 06:28 AM
Back problem leads to ED problem leasds to drinking problem leads Goofy Son being born. :D

c'mon, that's not right. hate on OSU all you want...c'mon at least be clever. beating down a guy for his birth is low.

Sean may be in over his head and his team was thin this year....i don't think the guy sucks as a coach (from a hoops perspective, not the jerkoff Pavlov effect you seem to work). I'm not saying he'll be the coach at Pokie State in 5 years, but he did win some big games with 7 guys. you have to fair about it.

i can see by your spek total you have garnered many accolades.