PDA

View Full Version : OU-OSU Football Game Date Changed

Jay C. Upchurch
3/26/2007, 01:05 PM
IRVING, Texas — The Big 12 Conference announced today the 2007 Oklahoma State at Oklahoma football game, scheduled for Saturday, October 27, has been moved to Saturday, November 24. It is anticipated the game time will determined sometime around the beginning of November.

The date change was a cooperative effort between the two institutions,
the conference office and the league's television partners. The game
will be one of four Big 12 contests guaranteed for broadcast that
weekend by either ABC or FSN, joining Missouri at Kansas, Texas at Texas
A&M and Nebraska at Colorado.

The 2007 season marks the third consecutive and seventh time in the last
nine years the game has been played on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
In the recently announced cycle of Big 12 football schedules for the
2008-15 seasons, this contest will be the regular-season finale for both
programs.

OU SID Report

AlabamaSooner
3/26/2007, 01:16 PM
It's cool with me. Maybe it's just me, but I've always liked the idea of in-state rivals playing the final game of the season. Makes the buildup (if you want to call ****** that) even better. Should it be OU/NU? Sure, but we can't do anything about that though. :(

OklahomaTuba
3/26/2007, 01:24 PM
I always giggle when people call this game a rivalry.

Fraggle145
3/26/2007, 01:24 PM
It should be OU/NU. This is giving Aggy more respect than they deserve (yes we all know you have the most powerful offense in the world :rolleyes:).

MichiganSooner
3/26/2007, 01:27 PM
This gives our defense all season to get prepared for the world's greatest offense.

Wishboned
3/26/2007, 05:04 PM
I think it's a great tradition and it fits right in with Thanksgiving.

After a full season of facing the best competition in the Big 12, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving OU gets to feast on leftovers.

snp
3/26/2007, 05:08 PM
I don't like games played over Thanksgiving holiday, it shortens the holiday even more.

MichiganSooner
3/26/2007, 07:06 PM
Hopefully, I don't have to work again this year. I work at a store; it is kinda hard to get off then.

MiccoMacey
3/26/2007, 07:40 PM
If you look at our schedule, it actually helps us this year (again).

Sat, Sep 01 North Texas Norman
Sat, Sep 08 Miami Norman
Sat, Sep 15 Utah State Norman
Fri, Sep 21 Tulsa at Tulsa, Okla.
Sat, Sep 29 Colorado at Boulder, Colo.
Sat, Oct 06 Texas at Dallas, Texas
Sat, Oct 13 Missouri Norman
Sat, Oct 20 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa
Sat, Oct 27 Bye
Sat, Nov 03 Texas A&M Norman
Sat, Nov 10 Baylor Norman
Sat, Nov 17 Texas Tech at Lubbock, Texas
Sat, Nov 24 Oklahoma State

We get OSU after Texas Tech, who mat be worse than Baylor next year.

Before this change, we'd have to face OSU, then A&M the following week. This way we get a bye before facing A&M.

Some people will scoff at OSU or A&M, but they are both going to be pretty dang good next year. Any help we could get, even though both are home games, will be needed.

OSUAggie
3/26/2007, 07:59 PM
It also helps us... now we have a week off to prepare for our ***-kicking from Texas.

goingoneight
3/26/2007, 09:51 PM
It also helps us... now we have a week off to prepare for our ***-kicking from Texas.

When did you guys start playing other games? :confused:

snp
3/26/2007, 10:03 PM
Hopefully, I don't have to work again this year. I work at a store; it is kinda hard to get off then.

I work at Sooner Legends, it's going to be a huge bitch to get off work. I'm talking Anna Nicole Smith big.

wishbonesooner
3/26/2007, 10:03 PM
Our QB situation should be a lot more settled by the later date. I'm sure the budget aggies will find a conspiracy somewhere.

OU-HSV
3/27/2007, 10:07 AM
This is taken from the AP espn article, makes sense:

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said he has favored having an open week just before the Big 12 Championship game in the past, but changed his mind after looking over the team's performance history.

"We've played in five of those games during our eight years here and the only one we didn't win had an open week before we went to play," Stoops said. "Of the four we've won three went directly from our last regular season game to the championship game. If that's what works best for us, I'm all for it."