PDA

View Full Version : I am going to get to crush some High Schoolers hopes today

royalfan5
3/26/2007, 11:40 AM
In a little bit, I will be judging the State FFA marketing plan contest. It should be interesting this year as there are a wide range ideas from Christmas trees to breweries. It looks like they are better plans than last year, but somebody will have to be in DFL and feel bad. Hopefully they can use that bad feeling for future motivation.

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 12:14 PM
G-damned FFA.

I had a debate tournament once at this tiny podunk school district in OK called Pitcher-Cardin. I think the entire area has been declared an ecological disaster zone now...

Anyway, I'm right in the middle of giving my 1st Aff. Constructive when all of a sudden, next door, this pig that the FFA was cleaning and prepping for show started squealing. Every word I said was met with a cooresponding blood curdling squeal from this damned pig. YEs, the pig was indoors. Yes, they brought the damned thing into the school itself in the middle of a debate tournament.

Ugh, but don't neg me. I think I have some validity in complaining about FFA. My dad was the President of Salina (OK not KS) HS FFA so you see I'm entitled.

dolemitesooner
3/26/2007, 12:26 PM
G-damned FFA.

I had a debate tournament once at this tiny podunk school district in OK called Pitcher-Cardin. I think the entire area has been declared an ecological disaster zone now...

Anyway, I'm right in the middle of giving my 1st Aff. Constructive when all of a sudden, next door, this pig that the FFA was cleaning and prepping for show started squealing. Every word I said was met with a cooresponding blood curdling squeal from this damned pig. YEs, the pig was indoors. Yes, they brought the damned thing into the school itself in the middle of a debate tournament.

Ugh, but don't neg me. I think I have some validity in complaining about FFA. My dad was the President of Salina (OK not KS) HS FFA so you see I'm entitled.
Same thing basicly happen to me. It was at shawnee. They put the Extempranous speakers in the ffa room (witch was connected to there barn) for the drawing of our questions.

Right after I ****ing got my topic these ****ing hillbillies had a pig squelling in there for the whole time I was preparing my speech I did not get **** done during my 30 min prep time. :mad:

I think I STILL GOT 1ST IN THE CHAMPS DIVISION AT THAT TOURNY :D

wHAT CAN i SAY i WAS A BADASS

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 12:39 PM
Same thing basicly happen to me. It was at shawnee. They put the Extempranous speakers in the ffa room (witch was connected to there barn) for the drawing of our questions.

Right after I ****ing got my topic these ****ing hillbillies had a pig squelling in there for the whole time I was preparing my speech I did not get **** done during my 30 min prep time. :mad:

I think I STILL GOT 1ST IN THE CHAMPS DIVISION AT THAT TOURNY :D

You know, we may have run into each other at one of those shin digs back in the day. Spek to you for kicking *** in the champ division.

PS: Nevermind. I have given it to you too much.

dolemitesooner
3/26/2007, 12:48 PM
Dude I always kicked ***. What year did you graduate and what high school did you go too. I would remember your face if I debated against you. Did you ld or just cx. Also I did you do any extemp?

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 01:26 PM
Well, we all know that Doleo didn't read his speeches. The hogs can spell better.

dolemitesooner
3/26/2007, 01:36 PM
Well, we all know that Doleo didn't read his speeches. The hogs can spell better.
i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS.....but i like it alot:cool: :hot:

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 02:14 PM
Dude I always kicked ***. What year did you graduate and what high school did you go too. I would remember your face if I debated against you. Did you ld or just cx. Also I did you do any extemp?

I just did LD...never did CX or any of the individual events, but I got roped into judging a couple of them here and there after I'd already qualified for regionals.

I graduated from Fort Gibson HS in '01.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/26/2007, 03:16 PM
I just did LD...
I didn't know they had speech tournaments for the slow kids.

SoonerStormchaser
3/26/2007, 03:20 PM
I just did LSD...

That explains it!

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 03:36 PM
Just imagine hearing the announcement over the intercom,
"SicEmBaylor was the top performing LD debater this weekend..."

LD, actually it's L-D, stands for Lincoln-Douglas. If I had my choice I would have put Douglas first but nobody consulted me.

We came up with some creative t-shirts. Masterdebaters is obvious of course. SicEmEx suggested "Debaters do it orally." I came up with "Debaters do it in 16 minutes with 3 minutes prep time."

frankensooner
3/26/2007, 04:06 PM
Egads, I did LD too, of course you guys would have been wee babes at the time.

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 04:07 PM
I kicked the dog**** outta the fags who debated.

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 04:11 PM
I kicked the dog**** outta the fags who debated.
Nobody gave a **** at my school. I went to a small school and we all grew up together. Why the hell would anyone give a ****?

I loved high school. Never had any problems at all like that.

I also swam competitively for 10 years...lifeguarded, taught swim lessons, co-coached the little kids team, etc. What did you do to the guys in speedos?

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 04:13 PM
Egads, I did LD too, of course you guys would have been wee babes at the time.

I made it onto the Baylor debate team and as an alternate on the model UN team my freshman year which is very very rare for a freshman to make it on even as an alternate. I dropped both though. They really only do Policy debate in college, and I absolutely detested it.

Bunch of tub pushing bastardos.

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 04:20 PM
Nobody gave a **** at my school. I went to a small school and we all grew up together. Why the hell would anyone give a ****?

I loved high school. Never had any problems at all like that.

I also swam competitively for 10 years...lifeguarded, taught swim lessons, co-coached the little kids team, etc. What did you do to the guys in speedos?

I didn't even go to high school, so I really didn't give a **** either.

sooneron
3/26/2007, 04:28 PM
I didn't even go to high school, so I really didn't give a **** either.
http://www.avclub.com/content/files/images/Dazed_and_Confused.jpg

royalfan5
3/26/2007, 04:29 PM
All I'm going to say is the ability to raise livestock is far more useful to society than debating and speech teams.

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.avclub.com/content/files/images/Dazed_and_Confused.jpg

Don't know who the dork is, but that's a cool Nuge shirt he's wearing.

sooneron
3/26/2007, 04:36 PM
heh

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 04:38 PM
All I'm going to say is the ability to raise livestock is far more useful to society than debating and speech teams.
I've never been one to put much stock in utility.

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 04:41 PM
I've never been one to put much stock in utility.

And it shows. Glaringly so.

opksooner
3/26/2007, 05:05 PM

Some interesting possibilities here.

"What! Can I say I was a badass?"

"What can I say? I was a badass?"

"What! Can I? Say I was a badass!"

Shades of "Panda eats shoots and leaves."

.....oh..................never mind. :(

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 05:10 PM
Heh, you corrected that sentence fragment before I could comment on it.

yermom
3/26/2007, 05:10 PM
it's more of a runon ;)

Vaevictis
3/26/2007, 05:15 PM
"Debaters do it in 3 minutes." Reverse side, tiny print: "If that."

I think that's probably better.

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 05:16 PM
it's more of a runon ;)
He corrected the fragment.

SicEmBaylor