PDA

View Full Version : So Where Does the Kidnapping Of British Troops By Iran Lead?

FaninAma
3/26/2007, 09:12 AM
Not anywhere good I am afraid. It appears that Iran turned down an offer of a prisoner exchange. Meanwhile the price of oil and gold go up in response.

jk the sooner fan
3/26/2007, 09:37 AM
yep, big big mess......i think a few weeks go by and its settled diplomatically......i sorta get the impression that iran is trying to tell the west "dont **** with us"

they're bat **** crazy for sure though.....just asking for an *** beating

picasso
3/26/2007, 09:38 AM
I think they want the movie 300 shut down in return.

rufnek05
3/26/2007, 09:45 AM
yeah. from what i heard those troops were in iraqi waters, and iran said they were in iranian waters. it seems to me they are tellin people not to **** with them. but then i'm not an expert on international relations.

StoopTroup
3/26/2007, 09:48 AM
It is starting to become a "who do hate more? OBL or Iran's President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

jk the sooner fan
3/26/2007, 09:50 AM
if they did this purely as a power play, they wont give those brits up for awhile.....they'll hold on to them for awhile longer just to prove they can

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 09:51 AM
Jimmy Carter......Iran hostage crisis.......fuel prices........

Been there, done that.

Petro-Sooner
3/26/2007, 09:56 AM
How did the kidnapping go down? Did the Iranians board a British ship?

StoopTroup
3/26/2007, 10:00 AM
You need to see the map of the River in question.

It's about who owns what.

They say the Brits violated Irainian Borders.

It's alot of BS when it comes down to Human Lives IMO.

Ahmadinejad is a Whack-job.

dolemitesooner
3/26/2007, 10:01 AM
I filled up yesterday so those Iranians have 2 weeks before I go in and kick some muslim ***

MamaMia
3/26/2007, 10:29 AM
Those Iranians wouldn't have kidnapped any Brits on Maggie's watch. She would have bombed the hell out of them faster than you could say "Launch the Wessex and God save the queen." :D

Xstnlsooner
3/26/2007, 10:34 AM
It's really a mess and could become much worse. Some think it could
have to do with the EU slapping more sanctions on Iran for continuing
their uranium enrichment program. It's definitely provocative though.
No easy answers and the consequences make actions critical.
It'll be interesting to say the least on how it all plays out.

picasso
3/26/2007, 10:37 AM
well the mid east thugs have proven to be smart. they won't do anything too drastic because they know they couldn't win an all out supported war.

Jerk
3/26/2007, 12:00 PM
I have a solution for this small little incident.

It's called "Operation Screw You Amehnutjob!"

Let's use the USS Oklahoma City fast attack sub to sink every single surface and subsurface vessel that the Iranian Navy has.

Take that, Tulsa!

swardboy
3/26/2007, 12:15 PM
I never cease to be amazed at how these whackjobs miscalculate. Took our embassy workers in late '70's and got their assets frozen like an iceberg that still hasn't totally melted. Saddam APPARENTLY puts on a front like he's got WMD's in order to keep his neighbors guessing and backed off, but gets the Alllah kicked out of him when we roll into Baghdad and we know the end of his story...now the little miscreant of Teheran decides it's a good idea to provoke Britain/U.S when a veritable plethora of western troops/ships/planes are in his neighborhood. I'm tired of hearing they're "smart like a fox" about these yo yos....

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 12:16 PM
Their airwaves will be saturated with reruns of "Keeping up Appearances" and "The Vicar of Duberry."

KABOOKIE
3/26/2007, 12:18 PM
You know we nuked the **** out of some Nips a while back and they've gone on to learn their lesson and become a peaceful productive member of this world. I say it's about time for Round II bitchas.

dolemitesooner
3/26/2007, 12:19 PM
Their airwaves will be saturated with reruns of "Keeping up Appearances" and "The Vicar of Duberry."
You lost me at the first "

StoopTroup
3/26/2007, 12:22 PM
It's good that it wasn't our Troops this time IMO....

We will follow Britainia's lead on this one I bet...

OklahomaTuba
3/26/2007, 01:30 PM
Bush keeps clamping down on them. Now, with the new UN sanctions, Iran is screwed in getting any major investment for its petroleum infastructure. I think the hope is that once the already in dis-repair industry that makes up 80% of Iran's economy begins to crash, then the persian people will raise up and dispose of the mullahs and mr. dinner jacket.

Hopefully they won't have a working nuke by then.

Collier11
3/26/2007, 02:16 PM
GUYS GUYS GUYS! WE just need to trust the UN and everything will be settled and OK!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DeadSolidPerfect
3/26/2007, 02:29 PM
I actually think it's kind of despirate. Sounds like something N. Korea would do. they have no recourse but to take hostages? The UK population is probably split 50/50 on mideast policy. Bad move by Mamoodwhatshisname, unifys the Brits.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/26/2007, 02:42 PM
Bad move by Mamoodwhatshisname, unifys the Brits.

Are we sure? Strong muslim presence in Great Britain, and they ain't exactly quiet nor real keen with the current goings on. Cash money says Her Majesty's Maurauders waffle like breakfast and roll over like a 6 month old pup. Yes, those sailors and marines will come home...

But at what price?