PDA

View Full Version : It Happened Again Yesterday...

tru2ou
3/26/2007, 07:59 AM
I've brought it up in the past in relation to football but I see it more and more in basketball now.

Whenever OU plays, there always seems to be at least one Texas fan show up with a t-shirt or hat or something on. I saw them at EVERY OU game football game including home games and the bowl game.

While watching the women's game yesterday, I clearly saw a man wearing a Texas t-shirt in the background several times.

Can someone please explain to me why someone would show up to a women's basketball regional in Dayton Ohio with a Texas shirt on? There really is no other reason than to try and tweak OU fans.

Texas fans at their finest.

- Tru

SoonerBK
3/26/2007, 08:30 AM
It is the same as Sooner fans always holding up a texas sucks sign no matter what kind of event they are at. Even if the two teams are not even playing.

tru2ou
3/26/2007, 09:17 AM
Not the same...

If OU fans were going to texas sporting events and doing it then yes, it would be the same. I'm talking about Texas fans wearing texas stuff to OU games against other teams.

Maybe I missed your point but they seem like apples and oranges to me.

For the record, I hate it when OU fans do the "horns down" at any game other than an OU-ut game but, at least they are at an OU game when they do it.

- Tru

OSUAggie
3/26/2007, 09:36 AM
A Texas t-shirt means the owner is a fan about as much as a Yankees hat. People just wear ****. Nobody is trying to **** with OU women's basketball fans by wearing a Texas t-shirt.

poke4christ
3/26/2007, 09:50 AM
I've actually considered going to a non-****** OU game and wearing my OSU gear while cheering for the sooners. I might get some crap, but I'm sure the people around would appreciate I was there to cheer for OU. However, I doubt that in what you are talking the fan was cheering for OU.

One of my OU student friends told me that it was a bad idea and I shouldn't do it. What do you guys think. Would I get a lot of crap? In my experience, the crap you get is largely affected by the crap you give. Since I don't give crap, I don't get much back.

Boomer.....
3/26/2007, 09:54 AM
I've actually considered going to a non-****** OU game and wearing my OSU gear while cheering for the sooners. I might get some crap, but I'm sure the people around would appreciate I was there to cheer for OU. However, I doubt that in what you are talking the fan was cheering for OU.

One of my OU student friends told me that it was a bad idea and I shouldn't do it. What do you guys think. Would I get a lot of crap? In my experience, the crap you get is largely affected by the crap you give. Since I don't give crap, I don't get much back.
I don't know why anyone would give you hell for cheering for OU, despite what you are wearing.

sanantoniosooner
3/26/2007, 09:59 AM
Just for consideration for some of the simple minded.

It is possible for someone to invite you to watch their team play, and you wear your teams colors so there is no confusion about who your real team is.

I attended a KSU/Baylor game with some internet friends and wore my OU stuff.

I can only hope some idiot was distressed about the relevance of it.

1stTimeCaller
3/26/2007, 10:11 AM
When I attend a college sporting event in which OU is not playing I just wear clothes that don't have anything to do with any team so I don't look like a jackass.

yermom
3/26/2007, 10:16 AM
if i was somewhere and a Texass game was there, and i was going, i sure as **** wouldn't be wearing Texass gear

i'd at least be wearing an OU hat, probably more

birddog
3/26/2007, 10:17 AM
i don't go to see other teams play. it makes it pretty easy for me.

yermom
3/26/2007, 10:29 AM
i'm just saying hypothetically, maybe at the Big 12 tournament or something

although i was rocking the OU hat when i toured the UT campus for work once, the VP i met wasn't pleased :D

sanantoniosooner
3/26/2007, 10:33 AM
In my case, there was a KSU fan that was pretty cool. He was coming all the way down to the Baylor game and said he had an extra ticket if I wanted to come up.

Attending the game was just an opportunity to meet another fan. Turns out there are some nice people out there that don't wear crimson.

TopDaugIn2000
3/26/2007, 10:37 AM
I noticed it as well. Mighty queersome.

tommieharris91
3/26/2007, 01:28 PM

Expect some crap, but once you start cheering for OU, they'll calm down real quick. I once saw a kid wear OSU stuff with the rest of his pro-OU family to a basketball game. Some fans said some things (nothing too mean or profane, at least what I heard), but all he really did was sit there and watch the game. He never cheered for either team.

badger
3/26/2007, 01:50 PM
they are cockroches. you squish them, you poison them, you hate them, but they just keep showing up and spreading :D

OSUAggie
3/26/2007, 02:36 PM
Badger Bedford.

Dio
3/26/2007, 02:43 PM
Just for consideration for some of the simple minded.

It is possible for someone to invite you to watch their team play, and you wear your teams colors so there is no confusion about who your real team is.

I attended a KSU/Baylor game with some internet friends and wore my OU stuff.

I can only hope some idiot was distressed about the relevance of it.

I see what you're saying, but this dude was sitting by himself IIRC