PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever convert to Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism?

SoonerStormchaser
3/25/2007, 07:45 PM
I heard the conversion process is a riot!:eek: :texan: :pop:

yermom
3/25/2007, 08:13 PM
i've thought about it :D

reevie
3/25/2007, 08:15 PM
What are the benefits?

crawfish
3/25/2007, 09:30 PM
That strawman's getting beaten to a pulp. ;)

proud gonzo
3/25/2007, 11:05 PM
my zoology professor last year had a flying spaghetti monster shirt.

OklahomaTuba
3/25/2007, 11:11 PM
Some people just call it hinduism.

yermom
3/25/2007, 11:48 PM
nah, Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism is monotheistic

def_lazer_fc
3/26/2007, 04:32 AM
Some people just call it hinduism.
yeah, b/c christianity is sooooo much more believable. tell me the one about the guy living in a whale's tummy again? priceless. or wait, putting every living creature on a boat. every last one of em. awesome. or, uh...i know i'm forgetting something else here.

OklahomaTuba
3/26/2007, 08:35 AM
yeah, b/c christianity is sooooo much more believable.

That is old testament stuff of course. You will have to talk to the Jews about that. Of course many of those stories were written about the facts like a huge flood that indeed did happen. Sometimes peering through the prism of thousands of years of oral history can distort things I suppose. But that is all we have, so we have to trust God.

Indeed, the Bible proves time and time again it is in fact a great history lesson, with more of The Word proving to be true ever day.

Just look at the Middle East.

SoonerStormchaser
3/26/2007, 08:38 AM
7 replies...yes, 7 replies ladies and gentleman...that was all it took to start the jihad!

crawfish
3/26/2007, 08:46 AM
GO GET 'EM!!!

http://sithoughts.mu.nu/archives/Strawman.jpg

:D

def_lazer_fc
3/26/2007, 05:00 PM
That is old testament stuff of course. You will have to talk to the Jews about that.
any jews here? we need to talk.

JohnnyMack
3/26/2007, 05:10 PM
I believe in whatever the voices in my bowl of Cheerios tells me to believe in.

yermom
3/26/2007, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxf3X0wTGKM

:D

SicEmBaylor
3/26/2007, 05:15 PM
That is old testament stuff of course. You will have to talk to the Jews about that. Of course many of those stories were written about the facts like a huge flood that indeed did happen. Sometimes peering through the prism of thousands of years of oral history can distort things I suppose. But that is all we have, so we have to trust God.

Indeed, the Bible proves time and time again it is in fact a great history lesson, with more of The Word proving to be true ever day.

I'm not sure it takes a great prophet to predict trouble over there. There has been trouble over there from the very beginning.

StuIsTheMan
3/26/2007, 05:42 PM

Big can of worms there man...The Word you are referring to is not..."Gods" word but the word of men that say they have talked to god, then wrote it down..IE prophets or Joseph Smith...but I see one guy every day on the street corner that says he can here god through his radio and he says we are all going to die tomorrow...is he a prophet?...You see Christians always say it is the word of god this and the word of god that...but is it not said that no human ears can handle god's true voice? (Dogma Ref) so how can anybody talk to god...And if Jesus was a Jew...Why are not Christians Jews...And do you really believe all the Old Testament stuff...Parting Water, Big Boats, and Whales eating the regurgitating men? Man I got to many on this one and don't even start with the Muslim stuff...I just seems (to me at least) that more and more stuff about the Bible is being proved WRONG every day...

You see I do believe in a higher power of some sort...I just have no proof of what that is...I think there is more to the story than what MEN have told us...

opksooner
3/26/2007, 05:59 PM
any jews here? we need to talk.[opening can] 'bout what?

Vaevictis
3/26/2007, 06:57 PM
any jews here? we need to talk.

Jesus was a jew. If only he had commented on the validity of the old ways...

opksooner
3/26/2007, 08:06 PM
Jesus was a jew. If only he had commented on the validity of the old ways...Haven't you heard? He did. In Matthew 5:17.....

17 ‘Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfil. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter,* not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore, whoever breaks* one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

swardboy
3/26/2007, 09:00 PM
7 replies...yes, 7 replies ladies and gentleman...that was all it took to start the jihad!

Hey, I've got a dog in this jihad....but that's funny stuff right there man, fun nee

Vaevictis
3/26/2007, 09:07 PM
Haven't you heard? He did. In Matthew 5:17.....

That was the point. :)

opksooner
3/26/2007, 09:15 PM
:eek:

Too subtle for me.

:O