PDA

View Full Version : Bad postseason for the Big XII (Men and Women)

TopDawg
3/25/2007, 03:45 PM
Ouch.

usmc-sooner
3/25/2007, 03:51 PM
how bad do the women miss Bo Overton? They never once all year looked like they could beat a good press team.

Jay C. Upchurch
3/25/2007, 03:56 PM
Realistically, anyone who watched the OU women this season had to know in their heart of hearts that this team would eventually run into a team like Mississippi that plays pressure defense and lives off of forcing turnovers.

Simply put, OU averaged almost 19 turnovers a game and that will not cut it against really good opponents come NCAA Tourney time, especially when a large percentage of those came from OU's senior class.

The bad thing is if the Sooners don't find a way to take better care of the ball, Courtney Paris' time at OU is going to end without a real shot at a national title. She may be one of the two or three best players in the country, but she's not good enough to overcome 20-25 turnovers a game by herself.

It was another very good season, but Coach Coale had got to get this team playing better fundamental basketball - better passing, better focus, better judgment.

usmc-sooner
3/25/2007, 04:00 PM
I know it was like 90 degrees in the gym but today it seemed like the effort just wasn't there. Maybe the heat and up tempo wore them down but Ole Miss got a lot of boards they shouldn't have. At one point I though we may actually have 30-35 turnovers.

humblesooner
3/26/2007, 03:22 PM
I know it was like 90 degrees in the gym but today it seemed like the effort just wasn't there. Maybe the heat and up tempo wore them down but Ole Miss got a lot of boards they shouldn't have. At one point I though we may actually have 30-35 turnovers.

USMC - Not flaming, but it was hot for both teams.
You know, turnovers are one thing. The thing that bothered me the most about this game was how many turnovers were when we passed the ball directly to the defenders. It seemed like the Ole Miss players were the intended receivers of passes from OU about 20 times throughout the game.
I love women's BB, but that one difference (taking care of the ball) from the men's game is what drives me crazy. All women's BB teams trun the ball over more than men's teams. The main reason we were within 2 points inside of 7 minutes left is because Ole Miss was turning the ball over, too.