PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with access to a semi truck and flatbed trailer???

PrideTrombone
3/25/2007, 10:34 AM
If so, PEEM me. In the OKC area.

OUHOMER
3/25/2007, 10:40 AM
OK, what did you buy?

PrideTrombone
3/25/2007, 10:42 AM
Heh, not for me personally, it's for work. Basically, we're trying to get a new marching band tower built but we'll need a way to get 5 telephone poles from where they're at to our field.

OUHOMER
3/25/2007, 10:48 AM
wheres Jerk, if he can get a tractor you can rent a flat bed trailer cheap enough. Loading the poles on the other hand might be tough. now you need somebody with a tractor with front end loader.

PrideTrombone
3/25/2007, 10:49 AM
Loading them shouldn't be an issue, since we've got a parent who works at a utility company who's getting them for us and I think they can load. It's gonna be unloading them and getting them set into the ground that's gonna be a pain. I think we have a band parent with a crane or something ridiculous like that though. :)

Jerk
3/25/2007, 11:23 AM
I don't know if my company would let me use the truck for me to drive for a 3rd party or not. Is this for Yukon schools? The company I work for is based in Yukon (but I don't park there) and most of the owners live there.

PrideTrombone
3/25/2007, 11:34 AM
I don't know if my company would let me use the truck for me to drive for a 3rd party or not. Is this for Yukon schools? The company I work for is based in Yukon (but I don't park there) and most of the owners live there.

It'd actually be for Piedmont schools. Even if you can't get your truck, I'm not sure that we know anyone that's licensed to drive a semi. We may be able to rent the truck too, if it comes to that, but I think we'd still need a driver.

Jerk
3/25/2007, 11:38 AM
It'd actually be for Piedmont schools. Even if you can't get your truck, I'm not sure that we know anyone that's licensed to drive a semi. We may be able to rent the truck too, if it comes to that, but I think we'd still need a driver.

Ok, I'm going away and I shall return later this afternoon. I'll ask about this Monday and see if my company would let me do it and use their equipment and what costs are associated with this. If we have to rent, I'll drive. BUT I can only do it on a weekend day (excluding April 1st), or on a rainy week day, or late in the evening (past 4pm+).

I've never rented a semi, and I don't know what is involved with that. I have 4 years experience and zero points on my record, so hopefully I wouldn't be disqualified. And I wouldn't expect to be paid. What do the lawyers call this? pro bono?

PrideTrombone
3/25/2007, 11:48 AM
Ok, I'm going away and I shall return later this afternoon. I'll ask about this Monday and see if my company would let me do it and use their equipment and what costs are associated with this. If we have to rent, I'll drive. BUT I can only do it on a weekend day (excluding April 1st), or on a rainy week day, or late in the evening (past 4pm+).

I've never rented a semi, and I don't know what is involved with that. I have 4 years experience and zero points on my record, so hopefully I wouldn't be disqualified. And I wouldn't expect to be paid. What do the lawyers call this? pro bono?

Hey, I appreciate that man, at least let us take you for a beer or dinner or something.

I called around to Xtra Leasing and Ryder earlier this week... apparently you have to have an account with them, but we'll take care of whatever we need to if that ends up being the case.

This will all probably happen later rather than sooner, so there won't be any big rush. I'd expect maybe later in May or possibly during the summer. We're just trying to get all the logistics lined up of getting the poles, getting them to the field, and getting them placed.

Thanks!

1stTimeCaller
3/25/2007, 04:51 PM
wouldn't a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck with a gooseneck trailer work?

soonerboomer93
3/25/2007, 05:52 PM
depends on the size of the gooseneck and the weight of the poles. I've seen many expiditors deliver poping on large goose necks though

Jerk
3/25/2007, 06:28 PM
Hey, I appreciate that man, at least let us take you for a beer or dinner or something.

I called around to Xtra Leasing and Ryder earlier this week... apparently you have to have an account with them, but we'll take care of whatever we need to if that ends up being the case.

This will all probably happen later rather than sooner, so there won't be any big rush. I'd expect maybe later in May or possibly during the summer. We're just trying to get all the logistics lined up of getting the poles, getting them to the field, and getting them placed.

Thanks!

mmmk, you gotta driver when you need one. I don't have much flatbed experience, though. Pulling one will be no problemo. I just don't have alot of experience with boomers, chains, and straps. But I have done it before and it's not rocket science. Just don't be surprised to see me scratching my head.

PrideTrombone
3/25/2007, 06:37 PM
mmmk, you gotta driver when you need one. I don't have much flatbed experience, though. Pulling one will be no problemo. I just don't have alot of experience with boomers, chains, and straps. But I have done it before and it's not rocket science. Just don't be surprised to see me scratching my head.

Again, much appreciated. I'll let you know when this all is gonna go down.

Frozen Sooner
3/25/2007, 06:45 PM
You're a good man, Jerk.

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 09:02 AM
Pride,

Peem me. How long are the poles? Are y'all paying mileage/fuel or is this a "volunteer" dealio?

sooner_born_1960
3/26/2007, 09:28 AM
Pride,

Peem me. How long are the poles? Are y'all paying mileage/fuel or is this a "volunteer" dealio?
If they pay your mileage, some kid will get left behind.

C&CDean
3/26/2007, 09:35 AM

Well it would only be a band geek.

colleyvillesooner
3/26/2007, 09:49 AM
heh

okiehawk
3/26/2007, 10:08 AM
Hey Jerk if you don`t mind me asking who do you work for?

PrideTrombone
3/26/2007, 10:26 AM

As long as I get to pick the one we leave behind. I've got a few candidates. :)