PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to C-Day

stoopified
3/25/2007, 10:06 AM
stands at 35 days21 1/2 hours till my 2nd son is born.My wife and I are anxious for April 30 to arruve for a sceduled C-section which will deliver OUr second son,Jason Charles.As the time draws closer I am getting nervous and so is my wife.The only one who seems oblivious is OUr oldest son Ryan James,age three.He has NO CLUE how his life is about to change.

Any insight and/or prayers to help in dealing with impending sibling rivalry appreciated.L have a feeling it ain't going to be ALL fun and games for Mom and Dad.

soonerbrat
3/25/2007, 10:08 AM
stands at 35 days21 1/2 hours till my 2nd son is born.My wife and I are anxious for April 30 to arruve for a sceduled C-section which will deliver OUr second son,Jason Charles.As the time draws closer I am getting nervous and so is my wife.The only one who seems oblivious is OUr oldest son Ryan James,age three.He has NO CLUE how his life is about to change.

Any insight and/or prayers to help in dealing with impending sibling rivalry appreciated.L have a feeling it ain't going to be ALL fun and games for Mom and Dad.

you're naming him after dolemite?

jk the sooner fan
3/25/2007, 10:12 AM
my boys are 4 years apart, almost to the day......my best advice would be that the tricks you used for boy #1 rarely work for boy #2.....jk2 loved the pacifier, jk3 hated it.....

congrats to both of you! prayers coming your way for a safe c-section and that mom and kid are ok! (both my kids were born that way)

soonerbrat
3/25/2007, 10:16 AM
congrats, by the way :)
it's very exciting

stoopified
3/25/2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks

Newbomb Turk
3/25/2007, 04:30 PM
congrats and good luck.

I miss the days when my son was young.

Tailwind
3/25/2007, 05:10 PM
Congrats! I'm so excited for you! To minimize rivalry, let Ryan help do things with/for the baby. Let him hold the baby and play with him, help feed him and "help" diaper him. Make a big thing out of how special it is to be the big brother.

jr4ou
12/15/2007, 01:06 PM
congrats !

rufnek05
12/15/2007, 01:21 PM
me and my older brother got into ALL the time. we fought a lot, but when someone started to bleed, we stopped. good luck.