PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious, does anybody really care that Kansas lost?...

Soonerus
3/24/2007, 10:35 PM
...or that Texas made an early exit...or Texas A&M...we were somewhat miserable this year and generally speaking misery loves company...

SoonerGirl06
3/24/2007, 10:39 PM
...or that Texas made an early exit...or Texas A&M...we were somewhat miserable this year and generally speaking misery loves company...

I personally don't care that Kansas lost. I love the fact that Texas made an early exit... keeps them quiet for a while. I'm shooting for UNC to go all the way.

Soonerus
3/24/2007, 10:40 PM
I've got Ohio State...

SoonerGirl06
3/24/2007, 10:42 PM
I've got Ohio State...

Really? They looked pretty sloppy the other night. Tennesse just about got them and Tennesse was lower seeded than they were.

Frozen Sooner
3/24/2007, 10:45 PM
I'm happy they lost. In my best bracket I had them going out against 'Nova and UCLA in the Final Four. The two people who were ahead of me had Kansas winning the whole shootin' match. KU's loss put me in first in the office pool.

Soonerus
3/24/2007, 10:47 PM
They have had a couple of really close calls but sometimes that is the path to a championship...

Soonerus
3/24/2007, 10:47 PM
I'm happy they lost. In my best bracket I had them going out against 'Nova and UCLA in the Final Four. The two people who were ahead of me had Kansas winning the whole shootin' match. KU's loss put me in first in the office pool.

That's awesome...

Ash
3/24/2007, 11:41 PM

you're just cranky cuz you got perma baned from those other boards

Soonerus
3/25/2007, 12:05 AM
No, from those boards I consider it a badge of honor...

Salt City Sooner
3/25/2007, 12:20 AM
I'm gonna sleep REALLY well tonight.

Soonerus
3/25/2007, 12:32 AM
you're just cranky cuz you got perma baned from those other boards

FYI, I did not get banned from any of those boards...

Ash
3/25/2007, 12:36 AM
FYI, I did not get banned from any of those boards...

Isn't denial one of the first stages of PBTS?

I don't really care that much that Kansas lost, but I was rooting for them to beat UCLA.

Soonerus
3/25/2007, 12:47 AM
I was defiantly pulling for KU over UCLA.....

yermom
3/25/2007, 12:50 AM
i had picked KU over UCLA

but i always kinda like watching KU lose, it was kinda confusing to watch :D

Ash
3/25/2007, 12:58 AM
I had UCLA beating KU in my tourney pick 'em. UCLA's defense was too good.

But I still couldn't pull for the left coasters in baby blue....blech!

Soonerus
3/25/2007, 01:27 AM
Ohio State wins it all...

Octavian
3/25/2007, 05:14 AM
was there ever any doubt?

NEVER bet on Kansas in March...bet on KU from December to February, but not in March.

They have some high expectations and obviously they're a great program....but of the elite programs, no one chokes it away like Kansas

Consistently.

I had UCLA over KU in my bracket because they were on the West Coast....of course, that ended up having nothing to do with it but UCLA still won...because Kansas was being Kansas

Rawk Choke Jawhawk

royalfan5
3/25/2007, 07:52 AM
The only thing that disappoints me about KU losing is that I had them doing it a round earlier.

badger
3/25/2007, 08:34 AM
i wanted the big 12 to give us some legitimacy by winning a title. not this year... again...

stoopified
3/25/2007, 09:26 AM
Isn't denial one of the first stages of PBTS?

I don't really care that much that Kansas lost, but I was rooting for them to beat UCLA.Shouldn't that be TBPS?I love to watch KU and UT lose.

Sooner24
3/25/2007, 09:52 AM
:D

sooneron
3/25/2007, 12:50 PM
Call the KU loss, the jinx of the NY Daily News! They made the back cover.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/25/2007, 01:06 PM
i wanted the big 12 to give us some legitimacy by winning a title. not this year... again...Wrong! KU and all other Big 12 teams are WAY too close to OU's recruiting base. They should all lose early.

jkjsooner
3/25/2007, 01:41 PM
NEVER bet on Kansas in March...bet on KU from December to February, but not in March.

Except in '86, '88, '91, '93, '02, '03.... That's a pretty impressive list of Final Four appearances in the last 20 years. They reached the national championship game in '88 (or course), '91, and '03.

They've had some high profile teams lose early but they've also had very impressive runs.

If anything, I would bet against the good KU teams ('97 was great) and bet for the average KU teams ('88).

Sooner24
3/25/2007, 02:34 PM
Except in '86, '88, '91, '93, '02, '03.... That's a pretty impressive list of Final Four appearances in the last 20 years. They reached the national championship game in '88 (or course), '91, and '03.

They've had some high profile teams lose early but they've also had very impressive runs.

If anything, I would bet against the good KU teams ('97 was great) and bet for the average KU teams ('88).

So with all that tradition, talent and Final Four trips they have only one title in the last 50 years.

Wow I am unimpressed. :rolleyes:

Octavian
3/25/2007, 02:54 PM
So with all that tradition, talent and Final Four trips they have only one title in the last 50 years.

yeah, thats what I was talkin about.

When I said "bet on" I meant "bet on to win it all."

Like I said, KU is an elite program......but they don't have the historical success in March like Kentucky, Indiana, UCLA, Duke, or Carolina.

They're always talented, always have a roster stocked with HS AA's...they play in one of the country's most storied venues....but they've won 1 championship in the last 50 years.

There's a lot of programs that can say that

SoonerShark
3/25/2007, 06:49 PM

Wow I am unimpressed. :rolleyes:

...and the one title they won in the last half-century was a fluke win over the best team of the 80s, a team that had beaten them twice in the same season. They were like NC State or Villanova...a mediocre team on a roll in 1988.

SoonerShark
3/25/2007, 06:58 PM
Also, KU recognized that it could not win in the major sport to which most conference teams dedicate themselves, football. Basketball runs a poor second to football in Big 12 fans' minds. As a matter of fact, OU fans seem to feel that basketball is a woman's sport. To see who truly supports basketball in the state, I would cite to one thing: A few years ago, I looked at the attendance in high school basketball state tournament attendance. The 3A girls championship game won by Prague had the highest attendance.

SteelClip49
3/25/2007, 10:13 PM
Of all the major conferences, the Big 8/12 has the longest drought of not winning a national title. Kansas being in 1988 was the last over us. I do not care who wins it. The Big 12 needs a damn title. Big 12 only has 4 national titles and that is the least most of all the major conferences. 2002 and 2003 Big 12 gets 2 in the Final Four and come up empty. Big 12 may be a competitive conference but they blow it when it really matters.

IF IF IF things had gone the way they should have, Oklahoma would have been champs in 2002 but choked vs Indiana, Kansas in 2003 but blew many chances vs Syracuse, Oklahoma State and that last second choke vs Ga Tech. OSU had the talent to beat UCONN.

Nebraska is the last Big 12 school to win a postseason tournament and that was the freakin NIT.

Sooner24
3/25/2007, 11:36 PM
Kansas is tied with these schools with two titles. NC State, San Francisco, Oklahoma A&M (State), Cincinnati, Michigan State, UConn, and Louisville. While some of these schools have good basketball programs none of them are what I would consider an elite basketball school.

Also consider the fact after "One Shining Moment" is played next Monday, barring a UCLA win, Ohio State, Georgetown or Florida will also be tied with Kansas in number of titles won.

Ash
3/25/2007, 11:51 PM
Kansas is tied with these schools with two titles. NC State, San Francisco, Oklahoma A&M (State), Cincinnati, Michigan State, UConn, and Louisville. While some of these schools have good basketball programs none of them are what I would consider an elite basketball school.

Also consider the fact after "One Shining Moment" is played next Monday, barring a UCLA win, Ohio State, Georgetown or Florida will also be tied with Kansas in number of titles won.

UConn, Lousiville and Georgetown isn't a bad group to be included with, and Cincie and Michigan State aren't too shabby either.

OklahomaRed
3/26/2007, 01:40 PM
I'd rather see Kansas (Big 12) win it than have to put up with A Big 10, SEC, or PAC 10 team? Of course, if it were Texas, then fine, let them lose, and I'm glad THEY made an early exit. Other than that, let's keep the Big 12 in the national spotlight as much as we can.

SoonerDood
3/26/2007, 05:47 PM
This conference hates us. So what if the conference looks bad.