PDA

View Full Version : MORE POT SMOKING IN STILLWATER

auto
3/23/2007, 11:33 PM
the uterus players are obviously selling their weed to aggie lite fans:D :D

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=34699

silverwheels
3/23/2007, 11:40 PM
Too bad you missed being a fan then. Those few wins were really sweet.

:D

As dumb as I feel for reading their crap sometimes, at least they're good for a few laughs every now and then.

goingoneight
3/24/2007, 03:04 AM
There they go again, a .500 record and they're mentioning Heismans and MNCs. Yes, you're from OKLAHOMA, but you're not OKLAHOMA.

fossil
3/24/2007, 09:51 AM
:eek: Wow! Those orange dudes have definitely been hitting the wacky backy!

poke4christ
3/24/2007, 10:27 AM
What I find funny is all the people who create these threads (4 of them on the front page alone) still maintain that there no rivalry between OU and OSU. I spend most of my time at orangepower.com, but as you know I spend a lot of time here too. You guys spend just as much time (if not more) talking about OSU as we do talking about OU.

Yeah, were not your rival. Nebraska is :rolleyes:. Give me a break. You guys barely mention them. The current two threads on the first page is a peak.

That said, I agree that those calling for a national title year from OSU are not thinking clearly. However, if you actually read the thread you'll see that no one there is really saying that. Even the first post doesn't. All it really says is that he expects a great year. It doesn't even give a prediction. You just want us to be saying something like that so you can bash us for it. With the exception of a few people over there calling for big 12 titles, pretty much everybody is being realistic. In fact, I think it's being much more subdued then last year.

My prediction is 8-4 for us with a trip to the alamo or holiday. For OU, I say 10-2 with a trip to the cotton.

PrideTrombone
3/24/2007, 10:42 AM
I agree...I haven't been this excited about the upcoming Cowboy Football season in a while. And it's the friggin middle of March.

Their basketball season being FAR under expectations and lack of a wrasslin' title may have something to do with that.

PrideTrombone
3/24/2007, 10:43 AM
What I find funny is all the people who create these threads (4 of them on the front page alone) still maintain that there no rivalry between OU and OSU. I spend most of my time at orangepower.com, but as you know I spend a lot of time here too. You guys spend just as much time (if not more) talking about OSU as we do talking about OU.

Yeah, were not your rival. Nebraska is :rolleyes:. Give me a break. You guys barely mention them. The current two threads on the first page is a peak.

That said, I agree that those calling for a national title year from OSU are not thinking clearly. However, if you actually read the thread you'll see that no one there is really saying that. Even the first post doesn't. All it really says is that he expects a great year. It doesn't even give a prediction. You just want us to be saying something like that so you can bash us for it. With the exception of a few people over there calling for big 12 titles, pretty much everybody is being realistic. In fact, I think it's being much more subdued then last year.

My prediction is 8-4 for us with a trip to the alamo or holiday. For OU, I say 10-2 with a trip to the cotton.

Nebraska never wanted to throw a goalpost at me. OSU did in 1998 and tried it in 2002 before the mob was redirected by some rent-a-cops and one of OSU's assistant band directors.

OSUAggie
3/24/2007, 11:33 AM
Nebraska's band also doesn't come through the alumni parking lot playing their song and flipping me off like the "Pride"...

PrideTrombone
3/24/2007, 11:52 AM
Nebraska's band also doesn't come through the alumni parking lot playing their song and flipping me off like the "Pride"...

Hmm, they must've stopped that practice before I got there. Too bad, sounds like fun. ;)

In all seriousness, I never really did much of anything like that. I always reasoned "OK, I'm wearing a freaking band uniform, there's just no way that I'm gonna be intimidating."

OSUAggie
3/24/2007, 11:55 AM
haha... I thought it was pretty funny, actually (and I may have flipped them off first).. They just **** me off when they march through our parking lot.

AzianSooner
3/24/2007, 11:55 AM
I am happy for OSU cowboys team. The strength of their team is also push the strength of my beloved Sooner Team.

BajaOklahoma
3/24/2007, 12:01 PM
I'm older than most of you. This isn't a big deal, this isn't new. Every year, for as long as I can remember, it was "This is the year of the Cowboys," followed by "Wait 'til next year."

MichiganSooner
3/24/2007, 12:21 PM
I'm older than most of you too. Often times, "This is the year of the Cowboys," has been followed by, "Can't wait for basketball season-that's our sport."

Funny the discussion about the kick-offs being moved back to probably allow more returns, and more returns is considered an advantage to OSU. I guess they are saying the return teams of their opponents sucks.

And speaking of osu's opponents, if the cowboys are on their way to being one of the elite teams, can they either employ an elite PA announcer or require him to change his script? I have attended hundreds of games across the Big 10, MAC, and the Big 8/12 but at only one stadium does the announcer say something like, "Third and a long 1....FOR THE VISITORS!!" Why can't the university's announcer show respect and sportmanship for the team they are playing by calling them by their university name or mascot?

OSUAggie
3/24/2007, 12:27 PM
He introduces the team we're playing by their name before kickoff. Throughout the game they're known as the visitors. I don't understand why that's such a big deal....

Why does the OU PA guy have a gay way of saying, "Roy Williams" after he lights up Tatum Bell? It doesn't matter...

usmc-sooner
3/24/2007, 12:38 PM
OSU is kinda a second fiddle rivalry. No freakin way they get 8 wins. Not that I hate OSU but I'm a realist.

PrideTrombone
3/24/2007, 01:43 PM
haha... I thought it was pretty funny, actually (and I may have flipped them off first).. They just **** me off when they march through our parking lot.

Well ****, I didn't throw a goalpost at the crowd first. :)

oufan1
3/24/2007, 02:04 PM
I'm Gay
First, I don't think anyone disagrees with that....

Second... As long as you and your fan base provide such ridiculously humorous rantings we will listen... I'm not a rival of Rodney Carrington but he says funny stuff so I listen.

Third, we understand you are on your way up... partially because that's the only direction a team on the bottom can go and partially because your crazy comedic fan base has been telling us you're on your way up since ATLEAST the 1970's. At times you guys have had decent teams, those are the years to brag.. but talk the crazy talk after 4-7 and 7-6 and we (and the rest of the big 12) will laugh and make fun of you.

Doged
3/24/2007, 02:07 PM

Nebraska is a rival program. OSU is an object of humor and derision. Rivals get talked about just before and during the season. Objects of humor and derision exist to provide entertainment during the off-season with some minor chuckles during the season.

Look at the good side, though. It's free publicity outside the Greater Stillwater Metropolitan Area.

picasso
3/24/2007, 02:10 PM
good for them.

picasso
3/24/2007, 02:13 PM

I don't go to any Poke board, yet you're here with nearly 500 posts.

funny.

I get enough delusional idiocy from my golfing buddies every week. only about 2 out of 8 of them are realistic about oSu and it's football.

oufan1
3/24/2007, 02:19 PM
I don't go to any Poke board, yet you're here with nearly 500 posts.

funny.

I get enough delusional idiocy from my golfing buddies every week. only about 2 out of 8 of them are realistic about oSu and it's football.
Exactly, I work with a couple osu fans and when any bad new comes out about OU, they are practically waiting outside my office door when I get to work in the morning with their OSU is coming up and OU is on its way down crap. If something bad happens to osu they are either not at work or are too busy to talk.

stoopified
3/24/2007, 02:20 PM
Ags will be ags.

Fraggle145
3/24/2007, 02:56 PM
I'm Gay
First, I don't think anyone disagrees with that....

Second... As long as you and your fan base provide such ridiculously humorous rantings we will listen... I'm not a rival of Rodney Carrington but he says funny stuff so I listen.

Third, we understand you are one your way up... partially because that's the only direction a team on the bottom can go and partially because your crazy comedic fan base has been telling us you're on your way up since ATLEAST the 1970's. At times you guys have had decent teams, those are the years to brag.. but talk the crazy talk after 4-7 and 7-6 and we (and the rest of the big 12) will laugh and make fun of you.

Now that is funny right there... I nearly fell out of my chair.

You must spread some reputation around before you give it to oufan1 again.

goingoneight
3/24/2007, 02:57 PM

Apparently this dude didn't see all the USuC & Hook 'em threads in late 2005 and early 2006.

MichiganSooner
3/24/2007, 03:41 PM
Exactly, I work with a couple osu fans and when any bad new comes out about OU, they are practically waiting outside my office door when I get to work in the morning with their OSU is coming up and OU is on its way down crap. If something bad happens to osu they are either not at work or are too busy to talk.

Yep. Happened to me when Bomar got kicked off. A coworker said in his most gleeful Cowboy voice, Stoops just kicked Bomar off the team and told me why. I nonchalantly said, it sounds to me like he deserved it and Paul Thompson will move back to QB. And we will still win the Big 12. He stood there dumbfounded and then began arguing, the Cowboys are up and Sooners down, blah, blah, blah.

picasso
3/24/2007, 04:11 PM
Mike Gundy's hair is up.

olevetonahill
3/24/2007, 05:53 PM
Apparently this dude didn't see all the USuC & Hook 'em threads in late 2005 and early 2006.
Hes an aggie. what do you expect ?

goingoneight
3/24/2007, 06:52 PM

Well, not a full set of teeth, that's for sure. :D

Doged
3/24/2007, 07:12 PM

A rousing rendition of Sonny and Cher's "I've Got Ewe, Babe"?

oufan1
3/24/2007, 08:46 PM
A rousing rendition of Sonny and Cher's "I've Got Ewe, Babe"?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Doged again.

poke4christ
3/25/2007, 08:36 AM

That was a year ago, I'm talking about now.

usmc-sooner
3/25/2007, 10:25 AM

oh

well right now you guys are an average team with a HS field. I know I know your catching up.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/25/2007, 10:54 AM
OSU SUCKS...that is all.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 12:00 AM
Hypocrisy (http://www.o-state.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=499458&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

This is what I find funny... Note: Grand Prairie HS player turned OSU player kicked off for "unspecified reason." One of his partners in crime is back on the team, no questions asked by the aggy media.

I wonder what aggy and the media would say if Bob Stoops took OUr former Grand Prairie quarterback back, no questions asked. Probably the exact same damn thing everyone said about Dusty Dvoracek coming back. Even though the two situations were totally different, Stoops can't win in the eyes of the media and his opponents.

Note: Stoops said specifically and exactly what all three players (Dvoracek and Rhomar/Quinn) did directly to the media. He gave Dusty a chance to get straight and make a name for himself before ever even considering taking DD back. Yet the media attacked Stoops for this, saying he just "pencilled Dvoracek back in 2005 when the storm settled."

snp
3/29/2007, 12:40 AM
Dude, read what you post. It wasn't the Grand Prarie player; it was the Beggs kid that was kicked off and returned.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 01:07 AM
Sorry, I worded that wrong. bascially, I thre in Grand Prairie to kind of prove a point and got myslef mixed up. I corrected the post now. Still, the argument is just the same. Why do the RB/JDQ and DD situations reflect negatively on Stoops, and Co. when this is going on everywhere else? None other than the fanbase who accuses us of being dirty cheaters has the exact same situations "unspecified" and letting them back at it, no questions asked.

Fraggle145
3/29/2007, 01:14 AM

Just like you were last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. just keep talking about whenever. Face it we dont care about you. We dont hate, but we dont feel bad for you either.

you are like the bastard half brother spawned by a broken condom after a schooner ****.

just shut up. noone cares what year you are talking about.

77-17-7, the most lopsided instate "rivalry" :rolleyes: in college fottball.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/oklahoma/opponents_records.php?teamid=2393

SteelClip49
3/29/2007, 01:14 AM
OU PA guy for the football games is annoying. His voice irritates me. But at least he doesn't say, "GOOD FOR A SOONERS 1ST DOWN & 10." You would think OSU deserves a trophy for every 1st down they get. At OU it's a few claps and the anticipation for a big play coming up or a TD. No offense against Oklahoma State but please do something more creative than that.

Fraggle145
3/29/2007, 01:16 AM
...No offense against Oklahoma State...

not worth it.

snp
3/29/2007, 01:18 AM
Sorry, I worded that wrong. bascially, I thre in Grand Prairie to kind of prove a point and got myslef mixed up. I corrected the post now. Still, the argument is just the same. Why do the RB/JDQ and DD situations reflect negatively on Stoops, and Co. when this is going on everywhere else? None other than the fanbase who accuses us of being dirty cheaters has the exact same situations "unspecified" and letting them back at it, no questions asked.

Do you have any clue why they were kicked off in the first place?

SteelClip49
3/29/2007, 01:23 AM
Totally unrelated to this threat but since I, the enlightened one, can't start a new thread for a good while, I thought I would compare championship rings between the 2 schools.

OKLAHOMA
http://www.championship-rings.net/product_info.php?cPath=245_336&products_id=2011&osCsid=d67fab488310fa725f56ce9b73684e4b

OKLAHOMA STATE
http://www.championship-rings.net/product_info.php?cPath=245_336&products_id=1726&osCsid=d67fab488310fa725f56ce9b73684e4b

Again, I have nothing against OSU but why even bother wasting good material to make rings for that game??

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 01:28 AM
Do you have any clue why they were kicked off in the first place?

"unspecified."

My point: Why hate on Stoops when he has the balls to say what it is his players have done wrong, and the reason why they're gone. Now, we've handled things "internally" before... like JDQ's DUI for example... so we're not like... angels whose team can do no wrong... but why hate Stoops? It's senseless... if anyone else in the country had Stoops last year, given everything he went through... they'd say three words-- "damn good coach."

snp
3/29/2007, 01:46 AM
Not every Coach has Stoops direct approach to dealing with the media. They could've been kicked off for academic reasons or some such. My old roomate played football at Beggs and may know some more, I'll try to ask him next time.

And even osu fans would take Stoops in a heartbeat. Don't let their slander lead you to believe they think otherwise. Debating that is impossible.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 01:49 AM
Not every Coach has Stoops direct approach to dealing with the media. They could've been kicked off for academic reasons or some such. My old roomate played football at Beggs and may know some more, I'll try to ask him next time.

And even osu fans would take Stoops in a heartbeat. Don't let their slander lead you to believe they think otherwise. Debating that is impossible.

I wouldn't worry about asking him unless you're concerned about figuring it out, it was just one of those things that makes you roll your eyes, ya know. :)

snp
3/29/2007, 01:55 AM
Well I see him almost every day, so it ain't no thang. Plus, now I'm interested.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 02:01 AM
Well I see him almost every day, so it ain't no thang. Plus, now I'm interested.

Think he's a college football nerd like us? :D

poke4christ
3/29/2007, 02:19 AM
"unspecified."

My point: Why hate on Stoops when he has the balls to say what it is his players have done wrong, and the reason why they're gone. Now, we've handled things "internally" before... like JDQ's DUI for example... so we're not like... angels whose team can do no wrong... but why hate Stoops? It's senseless... if anyone else in the country had Stoops last year, given everything he went through... they'd say three words-- "damn good coach."

Dude, that's not how it went down at all. Stoops would do the exact same thing as Gundy did because they both have the class to not rub it in players faces or make a spectical out of it.

I'm not sure exactly how it went down (stoops said it or it was already out), but the Dusty incident and the Bomar and Quin incidents were much bigger and more public then the stuff that happened at OSU. It would have gotten out either way. It's not about having the "guts" to say something, it's about treating your players/former players with respect. Stoops would have done that had the situation allowed it, but it didn't.

None of the OSU dismissals were because of anything remotely close to the Bomar or Dusty incidents, but they might have evolved to that if Gundy hadn't acted. That's why he did. The dismissals were more about setting a standard then punishing crimes. The player that came back simply got on board with Gundy and worked himself back onto the team.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 02:23 AM
So answer me this... why does your crowd and the media hate on us for "doing the same thing." Discipline is discipline last I checked.

poke4christ
3/29/2007, 02:31 AM
So answer me this... why does your crowd and the media hate on us for "doing the same thing." Discipline is discipline last I checked.

Last time I checked, OU had the (oklahoma) media in their back pocket. As for other OSU fans, a rivalry is a rivalry and I see just as much slandering of OSU over here as I see of OU anywhere else. I really think you are making something out of nothing here man. Just two coaches cleaning house and trying to keep a clean program.

Fraggle145
3/29/2007, 02:35 AM
Just like you were last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. just keep talking about whenever. Face it we dont care about you. We dont hate, but we dont feel bad for you either.

you are like the bastard half brother spawned by a broken condom after a schooner ****.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/oklahoma/opponents_records.php?teamid=2393

no matter what about all the coach speak blah blah blah... I still pwned that ***

AlbqSooner
3/29/2007, 06:37 AM
OSU SUCKS...that is all.
Get it right people, get it right.
Texass sucks. oSu swallows.:D

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2007, 08:57 AM

Oh Puleeze!

When you show me the stories of Sooners running out of the dorms and throwing waterballoons and pails of water on the aggielite band, ruining uniforms and horns and slashing drumheads and kicking the director out of the stadium, then you can talk!

This all happened in stenchwater. Classless fans!

picasso
3/29/2007, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure exactly how it went down (stoops said it or it was already out), but the Dusty incident and the Bomar and Quin incidents were much bigger and more public then the stuff that happened at OSU. It would have gotten out either way.

That's because we're a national power and a national story. You guys are local news.

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 11:34 AM
Oh Puleeze!

When you show me the stories of Sooners running out of the dorms and throwing waterballoons and pails of water on the aggielite band, ruining uniforms and horns and slashing drumheads and kicking the director out of the stadium, then you can talk!

This all happened in stenchwater. Classless fans!

Why were you marching by the dorms? Those are all the way across campus from the stadium. That is pretty funny, though.

poke4christ
3/29/2007, 11:34 AM
That's because we're a national power and a national story. You guys are local news.

I'm amazed at some of the ways people over here try to spin things to insult and demean OSU. Please, give it a rest.

picasso
3/29/2007, 11:38 AM
I wasn't trying anything Zach. If you OU stubs it's toe then it's a top story on ESPN or most publications. Not so with oSu.

sorry to demean your fine school.:rolleyes:

poke4christ
3/29/2007, 11:51 AM
I wasn't trying anything Zach. If you OU stubs it's toe then it's a top story on ESPN or most publications. Not so with oSu.

sorry to demean your fine school.:rolleyes:

Given OU gets a lot more media coverage. That is obvious if you attend the two schools practices, but it wasn't THE reason that the Dusty and Bomar stories were bigger. If OSU had a guy get drunk and put his best friend in the hospital or had players accepting money, you can't bet for dang sure it would be all over ESPN. That is some publicity I'm glad we don't get.

OSU has been getting a decent amount of pub recently. We've even had a poll on ESPN (even if it was a pretty silly one :rolleyes:). But hey, it's still positive for OSU.

Finally, sorry if I took it out too much on you. I can't respond to every post like that, so I have to pick and choose my battles. Sometimes I pick the wrong ones.

picasso
3/29/2007, 12:23 PM
you're absolutely nuts if you think OU getting into trouble would get even press with the same scenario for oSu. Mass media has allowed every little story to pop up these days but it's still not on an equal basis.

please.

OU was ranked #1 going into '05 by some sources. That's a bigger story when their starting QB gets into trouble as opposed to bottom feeder oSu.

any clearer now?

SleestakSooner
3/29/2007, 12:50 PM
will someone please explain to me once again how poked4christ is still in the green? OSUAggie can't have that big of a hammer guys!

OSU is lucky to be in the Big XII. Period.

It is in Boone Picken's mind that "if you build it they will come" but what he still doesn't realize is "they" means a bunch of classless losers. Stick to fisting bovine and the other animal husbandry **** you guys are so good at. Leave the big boys alone while you try to play catch up.
I mean hell, the OU red/white game may draw more in attendance than OSU's most attended game of the season!

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 12:58 PM
I think Pickens' vision is that if you build a product, they will come, not build a stadium to see the same ****ty product that's been seen for the past... ever.

By your definition, 2/3 of the schools in the Big XII are lucky to be in the conference. Every conference has dominant teams that win the most both within the conference and nationally. Oklahoma is obviously one of those dominant teams.

Oklahoma State is attempting to put itself in a respectable position, a position that challenges for conference championships on a regular basis. This is obviously a tall order when finishing above 5th in the division has been a rarity in the past 11 seasons.

Calling a fanbase classless is moronic. There are good and bad fans with every school, including the one for which you cheer.

I_SMELL_FEAR
3/29/2007, 01:03 PM
I think something needs to be cleared up. Just because two fanbases live in the same state, work together and other stuff.... and because one fanbase is delusional and says stupid stuff while the other fanbase makes fun of them for it... does not make it a rivalry. The rivalry is on the field, its in the rankings and in the hunt for championships...not in the banter of two fanbases.

I dont care what school you are for...Baylor, aTm or freaking Stanford...make stupid comments about your team and I will make fun of you.

Desert Sapper
3/29/2007, 02:17 PM

That's the only important thing that's been said in this entire thread. Thanks, Fraggle, for saying why ****** is not a 'rivalry'.

Fraggle145
3/29/2007, 04:22 PM
I'm amazed at some of the ways people over here try to spin things to insult and demean OSU. Please, give it a rest.

we dont have to try hard.

*news flash*

YOU SUCK AND ALWAYS HAVE SUCKED. :eek:

Damn I hate this guy... :mad:

snp
3/29/2007, 04:22 PM
Last time I checked, OU had the (oklahoma) media in their back pocket.

:rolleyes: please. The news reports what people their target audience wants to hear. Surprise surprise, there's a lot more Sooner fans in this state and there always will.

And if the Dusty incident happened at osu, it wouldn't have received the widespread publication. Stuff like this goes down all across college football every year, but it's only mediaized when it happens to the schools with the most recognizable names.

sitzpinkler
3/29/2007, 04:28 PM

Anybody know what the deal is with game 67? Says the final score was 38-15 in our favor but to the side it says "Oklahoma Forfeits".

Collier11
3/29/2007, 04:37 PM
None of the OSU dismissals were because of anything remotely close to the Bomar or Dusty incidents

So Prentice Elliot threatening to physically harm and or kill Gundy is worse than getting in a fight or taking extra money???

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 04:41 PM
Anybody know what the deal is with the game in '67? Says the final score was 38-15 in our favor but to the side it says "Oklahoma Forfeits".

You had to forfeit some games because of cheating.

Collier11
3/29/2007, 04:43 PM
And for those of you who b*tch about the coverage that osu receives compared to OU, lets take a honest look at this.
1: OU is the main university and it is 20 minutes from THE DO and all the major news outlets.
2: OU wins and osu doesnt
3: OU wins Big and osu doesnt even win small most years
4: OSU gets plenty of coverage from the Tulsa media
5: Ratings drive media and those subscribing to the papers and watching the sportscasts want to see OU, NOT OSU! This isnt me being an azz or trying to be rude, it is the truth. If osu consistently got 60/40 or 70/30 coverage as OU does now, no one would watch or listen.

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 04:53 PM
Sure, all of those things are relevant...

I think Jesus Poke is saying this, though (I'm not saying this, because I either don't think it's true or maybe it's just that I couldn't care less):

The Oklahoman (or the World for that matter, but they have far fewer resources) hasn't "pursued" the BRSI situation as dilligently as some see fitting. The Morning News, it would appear, has been much more active as far as real investigative journalism is concerned in this situation.

Personally, I don't see it as a big deal, because if anything more went on than has been reported, the NCAA will know about it. The only potential problem in this scenario would be if the Oklahoman or any other news outlet withholds pertinent information that is potentially damning in an effort to save their sources or friends.

I think the OKC media, namely the Oklahoman, covers Oklahoma State better than the Tulsa media, simply because they have more resources and because their staffers appear to be better than the World's and I don't really see any sort of bias either way. I'm definitely in the minority among the OSU folks on this subject, however.

olevetonahill
3/29/2007, 04:57 PM
You had to forfeit all of your games because of cheating.
Show me agroid.
Soonerstats has us at 11/1 that year

sitzpinkler
3/29/2007, 04:57 PM
You had to forfeit all of your games because of cheating.

I'll take the answer from somebody else, thank you.

olevetonahill
3/29/2007, 05:02 PM
I'll take the answer from somebody else, thank you.
where did you see the forfiet thingy ?
I searched soonerstats.com
Nothing mentioned.

sitzpinkler
3/29/2007, 05:03 PM
where did you see the forfiet thingy ?
I searched soonerstats.com
Nothing mentioned.

it's in the link I quoted

olevetonahill
3/29/2007, 05:11 PM
it's in the link I quoted
Ok I surfed around in that site for a few . That 1st page is the only place I saw it .
the other 2 places that showed that game scrore show It as a W .
So I call BS till someone Proves it to me .

GoState
3/29/2007, 05:11 PM
From OU football wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Sooners_football):

"Soon after Barry Switzer took the reign of the program, the NCAA forced Oklahoma to forfeit nine games from the 1972 season due to violations involving the alteration of transcripts."

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 05:14 PM
Ah, it was '72 instead of '67... apologies.

olevetonahill
3/29/2007, 05:19 PM

"Soon after Barry Switzer took the reign of the program, the NCAA forced Oklahoma to forfeit nine games from the 1972 season due to violations involving the alteration of transcripts."
Hells bells agroids we ALL knew about 72 . dumas .
Sits was asking why that page showed 1967 as a forfiet .

snp
3/29/2007, 05:27 PM
The Oklahoman (or the World for that matter, but they have far fewer resources) hasn't "pursued" the BRSI situation as dilligently as some see fitting. The Morning News, it would appear, has been much more active as far as real investigative journalism is concerned in this situation.

Personally, I don't see it as a big deal, because if anything more went on than has been reported, the NCAA will know about it. The only potential problem in this scenario would be if the Oklahoman or any other news outlet withholds pertinent information that is potentially damning in an effort to save their sources or friends.

What else can they do to report on the issue? It's been talked about and talked about and nothing new surfaced. You pretty much contradict yourself with those two paragraphs in lieu of any new findings.

Then you go conspiracy theorist and thus completing the circle of life for osu fans.

StuIsTheMan
3/29/2007, 05:28 PM
Ah, it was '72 instead of '67... apologies.

dumb Poke...Do you guys not do research up there or what?...that's right cowboys "Shoot from the hip"....

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 05:36 PM
What else can they do to report on the issue? It's been talked about and talked about and nothing new surfaced. You pretty much contradict yourself with those two paragraphs in lieu of any new findings.

Then you go conspiracy theorist and thus completing the circle of life for osu fans.

I was just stating what a lot of OSU fans (as well as out-of-state reporters) think. I don't necessarily subscribe to this theory. I agree that nothing else has surfaced and therefore there's nothing that can be reported. I don't know for certain whether or not everything has been investigated appropriately by the Oklahoman, and I don't really care. Some do.

Where's the conspiracy theorist portion?

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 05:39 PM
dumb Poke...Do you guys not do research up there or what?...that's right cowboys "Shoot from the hip"....

Sorry I'm not more of an expert about all of your various infractions over the past 50+ years.

snp
3/29/2007, 05:44 PM
I was just stating what a lot of OSU fans (as well as out-of-state reporters) think. I don't necessarily subscribe to this theory. I agree that nothing else has surfaced and therefore there's nothing that can be reported. I don't know for certain whether or not everything has been investigated appropriately by the Oklahoman, and I don't really care. Some do.

Where's the conspiracy theorist portion?

The only potential problem in this scenario would be if the Oklahoman or any other news outlet withholds pertinent information that is potentially damning in an effort to save their sources or friends.

Really think the media is that involved with ou football and would risk legal recourse for covering up a gigantic and breaking news story? Hell no, they'd run with it.

olevetonahill
3/29/2007, 05:44 PM
Sorry I'm not more of an expert about all of your various infractions over the past 50+ years.
Id neg yer arse again if I didnt have to spread some around 1st . :mad:

OSUAggie
3/29/2007, 05:49 PM
Really think the media is that involved with ou football and would risk legal recourse for covering up a gigantic and breaking news story? Hell no, they'd run with it.

I didn't say it was happening. I said it was a problem that potentially could happen. That is not to say the likelihood is all that high.

snp
3/29/2007, 05:58 PM
I know what you said but I had to get my osu joke in there somehow.

Crimsontothecore
3/29/2007, 06:06 PM
That's the only important thing that's been said in this entire thread. Thanks, Fraggle, for saying why ****** is not a 'rivalry'.
Actually, It's now 78-16-7, Even less of a rivalry than we already thought.

Mixer!
3/29/2007, 06:43 PM
I think Pickens' vision is that if you build a brick facade around the same ****ty stadium to see the same ****ty product, they will come.fixed. :twinkies:

sitzpinkler
3/29/2007, 07:00 PM

:les: BANE HIM!!!

sitzpinkler
3/29/2007, 07:03 PM
Hells bells agroids we ALL knew about 72 . dumas .
Sits was asking why that page showed 1967 as a forfiet .

yeah, I saw 67 next to the game on that link thinking it meant the year but it was referring to the game number

Fraggle145
3/29/2007, 07:42 PM

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fraggle145
3/29/2007, 07:56 PM
Id neg yer arse again if I didnt have to spread some around 1st . :mad:

Done. YWIA.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 11:06 PM
You had to forfeit some games because of cheating.

How quickly someone chimed in. ;)
Just playin, OSUAggie.

goingoneight
3/29/2007, 11:10 PM

Dood, I really wanna know how all the aggies know this stuff that we don't about us "cheating." :confused:

poke4christ
3/30/2007, 01:58 AM
Dood, I really wanna know how all the aggies know this stuff that we don't about us "cheating." :confused:

We'll live in denial about our problems and you live in denial about yours and then we both take every opportunity to remind the other of them. That seems to be the way it works for College football fans. ;) :D

Seamus
3/30/2007, 02:03 AM
The Oklahoman (or the World for that matter, but they have far fewer resources) hasn't "pursued" the BRSI situation as dilligently as whorns and aggots see fitting. The Morning News, it would appear, has been much more active as far as a witchhunt is concerned in this situation. ...

I don't really think I should go phuc off and stop posting here. I'm definitely in the minority, however.

Fixed.

Fraggle145
3/30/2007, 02:05 AM
We'll live in denial about our problems and you live in denial about yours and then we take every opportunity to remind you of them since we cant win at anything else except for sports noone cares about and just exist to annoy the ever-living sh!t out of you. We are also jealous of your success and wish you would quit beating our asses and then making us eat sh!t when we post on your board saying we are an up and coming program with the most powerful offense in the world.

BTW, I'm Gay. ;) :D

FIXED. YWIA

:cool:

Seamus
3/30/2007, 02:12 AM
I believe it was the great urban poet Dr. Dre who said it best when he said Boo-yaa!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fraggle145 again.

I_SMELL_FEAR
3/30/2007, 09:29 AM

not that its always wrong, but using wiki to find facts is like using Zac Robinson to find the endzone.

Desert Sapper
3/30/2007, 09:51 AM

I stand corrected. I forgot about beating the 'greatest offense in the world' in their home stadium last year.

picasso
3/30/2007, 11:36 AM
hows your glass house?

Zach, you've been beaten up pretty badly in this thread. Perhaps you should take a break.

picasso
3/30/2007, 11:39 AM
not that its always wrong, but using wiki to find facts is like using Zac Robinson to find the endzone.
ba-dump crash!!!

but, but, oSu won 3 outta 5 that one time?

OSUAggie
3/30/2007, 11:41 AM
heh.. Zach.

My glass house is fine. I don't have a problem admitting that my people cheat. I'd prefer it that they not get caught, but I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

OSUAggie
3/30/2007, 11:42 AM
but, but, oSu won 3 outta 5 that one time?

I think 5/12 is the new battlecry.

picasso
3/30/2007, 11:49 AM
ya know I sat by my old dentist at a Tulsa establishment and watched the OU/oSu game this year. when it was all over he sarcastically asked my table when we were going on probation again?

you guys seem to forget all about your sordid past. I know first hand. Friend of mine signed with you guys in '83 and got a new Z28.

**** off.

poke4christ
3/30/2007, 04:49 PM
heh.. Zach.

My glass house is fine. I don't have a problem admitting that my people cheat. I'd prefer it that they not get caught, but I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

I'm not sure I really under stand what you're saying.

poke4christ
3/30/2007, 04:51 PM
hows your glass house?

Zach, you've been beaten up pretty badly in this thread. Perhaps you should take a break.

Sorry, I only feel insulted when someone says something that requires intelligence. Everything said here is just the standard: "OSU fans like sheep" "we're not your rival" crap. Not exactly original. I come here to try to have intelligent conversations with people. It hasn't been happening recently.

Fraggle145
3/30/2007, 05:50 PM
Sorry, I only feel insulted when someone says something that requires intelligence. Everything said here is just the standard: "OSU fans like sheep" "we're not your rival" crap. Not exactly original. I come here to try to have intelligent conversations with people. It hasn't been happening recently.

No that is not the case. You just havent been listening recently. Whenever you represent an honest outlook of your team maybe we will quit making fun of you :rolleyes:...

Okay probably not. BTW, I didnt say you humped sheep, I said you get humped by men.

Fraggle145
3/30/2007, 06:14 PM
hows your glass house?

We can only hope...

Seamus
3/30/2007, 07:03 PM
I come here to try to have intelligent conversations with people. It hasn't been happening recently.

It might be a liguistics issue. Few of us here are fluent in goatlovakian.

Fraggle145
3/30/2007, 08:19 PM
It might be a liguistics issue. Few of us here are fluent in goatlovakian.

Its hard to hear with your head in sheeps ***. :eek:

Fraggle145
3/31/2007, 03:53 AM
Just letting you know... Zach:rolleyes:... I am not done with you yet... MUAHAHAHAHA

And this all stems from this thread right here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83911&highlight=poke4christ)

soonerloyal
3/31/2007, 09:16 AM
I'm still LMAO at "Like Gundy has said, pretty soon we're gonna be somebody that nobody is going to like. Go Pokes!!!!!"

picasso
3/31/2007, 09:17 AM
I haven't said that. I only stated the fact that OU getting into trouble is national news. oSu isn't. it's a given when we're talking about football.

perhaps it's above your head?

FaninAma
3/31/2007, 10:09 PM
Mike Gundy's hair is up.

He got his Rogaine and Viagra mixed up.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/2/2007, 09:41 AM
Why were you marching by the dorms? Those are all the way across campus from the stadium. That is pretty funny, though.

They came out of the building (dorm?) next to the end zone entrance. If you think that is so funny, to what address can I send the multi-thousand dollars repair bills?