PDA

View Full Version : MORE POT IN AUSTIN

fwsooner22
3/23/2007, 12:36 PM
Former UT cornerback held on pot charge
By JIMMY BURCH
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER
Tarell Brown, a former Texas cornerback hoping to be selected in April’s NFL draft, remained in Williamson County jail on Friday morning after being arrested on a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge on Thursday night.

Brown, a three-year starter who completed his eligibility in 2006, was arrested after police discovered the drug during a routine traffic stop, a Williamson County official said Friday morning. The arrest warrant will be released later Friday.

Brown was arrested one day after performing for NFL scouts at Texas’ pro testing day.

During the season, Brown was suspended for the Longhorns’ game against Ohio State after being arrested on drug and gun charges the Monday before that contest. The drug charge has been dropped, but Brown still has a Class A misdemeanor charge of unlawful handgun possession pending in Travis County.

Brown was reinstated after his one-game suspension in September. He finished his Texas career with 35 starts, including the final 12 games of the Longhorns’ 2005 national championship season

Collier11
3/23/2007, 12:49 PM
how dumb do you have to be to get caught with pot on a routine traffic stop. Dont smoke the sh*t but if you are going to, doint keep it in your car!!!

Seamus
3/23/2007, 12:51 PM
During the season, Brown was suspended for the Longhorns’ game against Ohio State after being arrested on drug and gun charges the Monday before that contest. The drug charge has been dropped ...

Is this guy pathologically stupid or something? This fool has two traffic stops inside a year, and in each one he's found to be packing the blizzunt.

These are not subtle clues you've been given, idot.

Taxman71
3/23/2007, 01:09 PM
I got 20 bucks that says he had Coolio blaring out of his car windows immediately prior to the stop.

Slide slide slippity slide, betta be ready when the 5 roll by.

Sam Spade
3/23/2007, 01:26 PM
Well that's just stupid. They should just legalize the stuff. It's less harmful than Alcohol and there's no shortage of THAT floating around.

Collier11
3/23/2007, 01:57 PM
Well that's just stupid. They should just legalize the stuff. It's less harmful than Alcohol and there's no shortage of THAT floating around.

While I agree with you on some levels, thats not the discussion here!

StuIsTheMan
3/23/2007, 02:04 PM

FASHIZZEL NIZZEL!

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2798/mar13gal55zm7.jpg (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

bixby28
3/23/2007, 02:49 PM

My twin brother says the same thing. He has also been busted with weed twice, spent $5,000 in fines and fees and an afternoon in jail.

I'd say it's harmful, one way or another.

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2007, 02:51 PM
My twin brother says the same thing. He has also been busted with weed twice, spent $5,000 in fines and fees and an afternoon in jail.

If I was him, I would have blamed it on you. :D

bixby28
3/23/2007, 02:54 PM
If I was him, I would have blamed it on you. :D

Might as well. That excuse makes as much sense as "it doesn't cause as much harm as alcohol."

:D

StuIsTheMan
3/23/2007, 03:33 PM
Might as well. That excuse makes as much sense as "it doesn't cause as much harm as alcohol."

:D

But the later part is true...I have lost both grand fathers to Booze...and a couple of friends in drunk driving wrecks...never had one lost to smoking weed...

Only because our laws made it that way...Blame the Man!...oh wait that's me...

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2007, 04:02 PM
How many people started out smoking pot, and it lead to other drugs that ruined their life?

I don't think it's a gateway drug, but it opens up the door for access to the harder stuff.

That said, anyone can get anything they want anytime.

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 04:03 PM
A college students with pot. Next thing you will tell me is that Okie State is bad at football.

Seamus
3/23/2007, 04:06 PM
A college students with pot. Next thing you will tell me is that Okie State is bad at football.

Either that or some woman got beat up in Lincoln ... :cool:

OSUAggie
3/23/2007, 04:06 PM

Scoreboard. ;)

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2007, 04:13 PM
Just like Aggie. Celebrating one year scoreboard.

:les: 3 OUT OF 5!!!

OSUAggie
3/23/2007, 04:15 PM
I was gonna go more for the "you've only beat us 1 time this century," direction but that'll work too.

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 04:15 PM
Scoreboard. ;)
Sorry, our national championship trophies are blocking my view of it. Plus, I don't think you get to yell scoreboard until you get your 5th win in the series. What is the NU-OSU series now something like 36-4-1 in our favor?

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 04:16 PM
Either that or some woman got beat up in Lincoln ... :cool:
or Oklahoma's on probation again.

OSUAggie
3/23/2007, 04:17 PM
Sorry, our national championship trophies are blocking my view of it. Plus, I don't think you get to yell scoreboard until you get your 5th win in the series. What is the NU-OSU series now something like 36-4-1 in our favor?

You kidding? I count ties as wins... That's 5.. SCOREBOARD! ;)

StuIsTheMan
3/23/2007, 04:19 PM
How many people started out smoking pot, and it lead to other drugs that ruined their life?

I don't think it's a gateway drug, but it opens up the door for access to the harder stuff.

That said, anyone can get anything they want anytime.

the real gateway drug is Alcohol!...but there is money in it so weed gets the bad rap...

StuIsTheMan
3/23/2007, 04:21 PM
You kidding? I count ties as wins... That's 5.. SCOREBOARD! ;)

Ties=Wins...?....I got nothin

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2007, 04:35 PM
or Oklahoma's on probation again.

:mad:

starrca23
3/23/2007, 04:55 PM
Yes, there is nothing wrong with weed, it doesn't effect your short term memory or ....what was I saying, I forgot?

StuIsTheMan
3/23/2007, 05:09 PM
Yes, there is nothing wrong with weed, it doesn't effect your short term memory or ....what was I saying, I forgot?

Wives Tale...

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2007, 05:17 PM
not

StuIsTheMan
3/23/2007, 05:27 PM
not

Sheeah As If

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2007, 06:16 PM
Shyeah, right....

SoonerJLB
3/23/2007, 06:20 PM

Maybe and I agree with pot being less harmful than alcohol. But then if pot was legal then Bonghorns wouldn't get arrested. Where is the fun in that.

goingoneight
3/23/2007, 08:24 PM
I never understood what was so great about the stuff. I guess just the thrill of not getting caught and getting f*cked up to boot. Kinda like kids in 10th grade who drink one beer and tell the entire class about it on Monday.

Before some pothead whorn says "oh, you've just never tried it" or something ghey like that, I've tried it on three different occasions, and was still bored to tears with it.

Seamus
3/23/2007, 09:27 PM
Never really dug how I was even more useless than usual the day after using it.

Much quicker recovery time with beer and Scotch (good stuff, single malt, of course). Irish whisky (aye) is good too.

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 10:46 PM
I never understood what was so great about the stuff. I guess just the thrill of not getting caught and getting f*cked up to boot. Kinda like kids in 10th grade who drink one beer and tell the entire class about it on Monday.

Before some pothead whorn says "oh, you've just never tried it" or something ghey like that, I've tried it on three different occasions, and was still bored to tears with it.
I hear it makes the Dave Matthews Band listenable, but I don't have first hand knowledge of that.

insuranceman_22
3/23/2007, 10:55 PM
Give this guy a break! Since Ramonce T. had to leave the whorens, the whole team has been worried about their supply. This dude had just collected some extra weed at the Texas Pro Day and was taking it back to his friends......no big deal.

Seamus
3/23/2007, 11:07 PM
I hear it makes the Dave Matthews Band listenable ...

No, that's an urban legend.

utex74
3/24/2007, 01:34 AM
Tarrell has had his problems but this one might really be bogus. He is with his cousin and they are stopped. His cousin has an unpaid speeding ticket and warrant and is arrested. They impound the car and find "residue" of pot in the car and arrest Tarrell as well. How do you define "residue"? Yeah, I agree the guy seems to have a hard time staying out of trouble but I am willing to wait for the drug test results (which he volunteered for) before drawing a conclusion. And no one can say they were holding "residue" for distribution.

For those of you who don't know, Williamson County (north of Austin) is about as close to a police state as you can get.

Collier11
3/24/2007, 11:05 AM
I dont exactly understand how the driver gets his car impounded just because the passenger has a warrant?? Please explain!

47straight
3/24/2007, 11:24 AM
I dont exactly understand how the driver gets his car impounded just because the passenger has a warrant?? Please explain!

Dude, it's Williamson County. They create a buffer between the miscreants of Austin and the rest of civilization, so they're wicked hard on everything. I'm surprised the fella wasn't shot on sight for having an outstanding warran.t

footballfanatic
3/25/2007, 08:16 AM
THe other interesting angle of the story is that Brown had just had a really strong pro day at UT. His times were really good, and he was looking at a high draft pick. Now, with two charges, no matter how minor, people are going to raise the dreaded "character" issue with him. Why on earth people would risk ANYTHING at a shot at their lifelong dream is beyond me. Me, I've never cared much for him for hurting the team by getting being out till 3 a.m., getting arrested, and disrupting focus the Monday before the Ohio State game. When it comes to getting yourself in trouble in the middle of the night, the smartest thing a person can do is NOT BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE You listening, Romance?

ashley
3/25/2007, 09:26 AM
Did you ever notice that when it happens somewhere else it is horrible and the other place is running a terrible place but when it happens in Austin it is minor and OK?

StuIsTheMan
3/26/2007, 10:22 AM
what were we...huh...oh yeah...where are the Doritos?

utex74
3/26/2007, 09:24 PM

The driver had the warrant. Tarrell was the pasenger.

footballfanatic
3/27/2007, 09:00 AM
Did you ever notice that when it happens somewhere else it is horrible and the other place is running a terrible place but when it happens in Austin it is minor and OK?

"Move along boys. There's nothing to see here..."

ClintonSooner
3/27/2007, 09:03 PM
i hate the uncontrolable laughing :D