PDA

View Full Version : I have changed my mind on the first draft pick in the NBA...

Soonerus
3/22/2007, 11:38 PM
...I would take Oden, he is awesome...Durant is too but I would take Oden...

Frozen Sooner
3/22/2007, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't. Oden needs work on his offense-particularly because he's going to go against centers in the NBA who he's not going to be bigger and stronger than.

Durant is just ridiculous.

Not saying Oden would be a bad pick, mind you. He's a great physical talent. Durant, though, has the skills to be an instant-credibility guy for some team.

Eielson
3/23/2007, 01:00 AM
I was with you for awhile, but then somebody put this thought in my head.

Sam Bowie was picked over Micheal Jordan.

Ash
3/23/2007, 08:27 AM
I guess I'm the only one who is underwhelmed by Oden.

I've been trying to figure out if it's a motivation or cocentration issue, but he looks slow and like he's got lead in his shoes.

He started the year injured as well, so maybe that's it.

He shows flashes of brilliance, but I can't figure out why he's an NBA lottery pick. In fact, from what I've seen, I'm not sure he's the best big man in the college game this year.

badger
3/23/2007, 08:36 AM
send them both to the D-League for development :D

fwsooner22
3/23/2007, 08:39 AM
...I would take Oden, he is awesome...Durant is too but I would take Oden...

Oden is a nice player....but he has "BUST" possibilities....He seems like he takes minutes "off" and is not always in the flow of the game. I would not want to be the one putting millions $$$$ in his pocket and hoping he stays interested.

Durant? ............that dude is special

Ash
3/23/2007, 10:25 AM
[DennyGreene] ODEN IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE IS!!1![DennyGreene]

He looks like a freshman big man with potential to me, not somebody who's going to be an impact player in the NBA next year.

TopDawg
3/23/2007, 10:35 AM
In fact, from what I've seen, I'm not sure he's the best big man in the college game this year.

I think I'd take Georgetown's big man, Hibbert(?), before Oden.

OSUAggie
3/23/2007, 10:51 AM
Yah, I like Hibbert better than Oden, as well. Big men are at such a premium right now, and can really provide stability to a defense, but a lot of them seem to bust. I don't see how you can pass on Durant, even though there are a ton of talented 3's in the league.

Paperclip
3/23/2007, 11:01 AM
I like Dr. Hibbert's son too.

Eielson
3/23/2007, 11:42 AM
I think I'd take Georgetown's big man, Hibbert(?), before Oden.

Right now I would take Hibbert for college, but in the pros I would definately take Oden.

Hibbert looks so uncoordinated and he too has his off games (2 points in a conference tourney game).

Eielson
3/23/2007, 11:43 AM
I guess I'm the only one who is underwhelmed by Oden.

I've been trying to figure out if it's a motivation or cocentration issue, but he looks slow and like he's got lead in his shoes.

He started the year injured as well, so maybe that's it.

He shows flashes of brilliance, but I can't figure out why he's an NBA lottery pick. In fact, from what I've seen, I'm not sure he's the best big man in the college game this year.

You certainly are not. I listened to the hype and thought he was a great player, but then I saw him and thought he was Longar Longar's dad.

Ash
3/23/2007, 12:42 PM
You certainly are not. I listened to the hype and thought he was a great player, but then I saw him and thought he was Longar Longar's dad.

heh

NormanPride
3/23/2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the kid's just bigger and stronger than everyone around him. Not hard to dominate as a seven-footer in college. Look at the kid from GT a couple years ago.

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, the kid's just bigger and stronger than everyone around him. Not hard to dominate as a seven-footer in college. Look at the kid from GT a couple years ago.
Chris Bosh? Whose going for 22 and 10 every night in the NBA. or Luke Senscher who never dominated in college?

TopDawg
3/23/2007, 03:56 PM
Hibbert looks so uncoordinated and he too has his off games (2 points in a conference tourney game).

Well everybody has off-games. And Hibbert may look uncoordinated, but what 7-foot, non-European, post-player doesn't?

Hibbert's got pretty good feet, decent hands and some good post moves. I'm not saying he's a lock for the hall of fame, but if a team wants a post player who can make an impact next year, he's probably one of the best bets out there right now.

OSUAggie
3/23/2007, 04:04 PM
Chris Bosh? Whose going for 22 and 10 every night in the NBA. or Luke Senscher who never dominated in college?

Well... he had 1 good game.

NormanPride
3/23/2007, 04:51 PM

Snu-snu wasn't bad. One of the better postmen in college, when you think about it. He was a large reason they were any good. That and their insane PG. :D

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 05:02 PM
Snu-snu wasn't bad. One of the better postmen in college, when you think about it. He was a large reason they were any good. That and their insane PG. :D
At his peak he averaged 10.6 and 7.4. That's pretty pedestrian for a center.

NormanPride
3/23/2007, 05:06 PM
And yet people were talking about him like he was the second-coming...

Yes, they were also stupid TV people, but those are the same people pumping up Oden now.

OSUAggie
3/23/2007, 05:07 PM
George Zidek was a stud, too.

Paperclip
3/23/2007, 05:11 PM
I was with you for awhile, but then somebody put this thought in my head.

Sam Bowie was picked over Micheal Jordan.

So was Akeem Olajuwon.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2007, 05:24 PM
And more importantly, Portland already had Clyde Drexler.

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 05:37 PM
And yet people were talking about him like he was the second-coming...

Yes, they were also stupid TV people, but those are the same people pumping up Oden now.
Oden also put up much better numbers as a freshman, playing mostly with his non-dominant hand. All basketball observers have Oden going to worse than second overall. I don't remember Sechsner ever being part of a lottery discussion. Are you sure you aren't think about Chris Bosh who is a very good player that received plenty of hype?