PDA

View Full Version : Memphis trip

tulsaoilerfan
3/22/2007, 10:59 PM
So we've been in Memphis the last 3 days, and have had a surprisingly good time; we've been to Sun Records, Graceland, the Gibson guitary factory, Hard Rock Cafe, BB King's, Memphis vs Kobe, and took a pretty cool ride on the Duckmobile, aka Ride the Ducks. I think the highlight for my son was getting Pau Gasol to sign and personalize the jersey he bought at the game tonight, and Kobe went off for 60!! Yeah he's a ball hog and shoots a lot, but damn he's mighty impressive in person. I was most impressed by the Sun Records tour; if you love rock and roll, there is so much history in that building with all the memorabilia and vintage recordings of the early Sun artists. We will be headed home in the morn with a lot of good memories from our first real family vacation in quite a while

PrideTrombone
3/22/2007, 11:26 PM
GOOD GOD YOU DIDN'T GO TO RENDEZVOUS???

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.......

hurricane'bone
3/22/2007, 11:31 PM
GOOD GOD YOU DIDN'T GO TO RENDEZVOUS???

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

olevetonahill
3/23/2007, 12:30 AM
Do Not Tell me you didnt hit Beale street . :eek:

tulsaoilerfan
3/23/2007, 07:34 AM
of course we did, but with our 13 year old with us, we didn't do any partying; sorry to disappoint

Petro-Sooner
3/23/2007, 07:36 AM
A buddy and I tried hitting Rendevous the Sunday after the alabama game. It was closed though. Ended up eating at some place called The Pig or something. Man that was good eatin.

PrideTrombone
3/23/2007, 10:26 AM
A buddy and I tried hitting Rendevous the Sunday after the alabama game. It was closed though. Ended up eating at some place called The Pig or something. Man that was good eatin.

Yeah, it's closed Sundays and Mondays. I found that out the hard way on a Monday I was driving back to OKC from Indiana. Made a 3-hour detour only to find out it was closed. Gah.

King Crimson
3/23/2007, 10:36 AM
one of my college gf's was from Memphis. I'm a big fan of the Mississippi river. i always kinda liked Memphis.

Turd_Ferguson
3/23/2007, 11:23 AM
Lived there 86-90, it was a blast back then. It's been taken over since.

TF

Petro-Sooner
3/23/2007, 11:24 AM
DEEEEEP river..........My home is over Jordan.