PDA

View Full Version : Husker QB charged after temper-tantrum

bixby28
3/22/2007, 09:10 PM
I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere. ESPN has this story and it seems to have slipped under the radar, as far as i can tell.

Husker QB Keller cited for disturbing peaceAssociated Press

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Campus police cited Nebraska quarterback Sam Keller Thursday for disturbing the peace after he allegedly yelled profanities at a woman who took a parking spot he was waiting for in a campus parking garage.

The woman told campus police Keller got out of his car, yelled and threw a plastic cup at her car, said University Police Capt. Carl Oestmann.

Keller then left the area, "evidently looking for another parking spot," Oestmann said. Police later contacted Keller and cited him for disturbing the peace, Oestmann said.

Keith Mann said Thursday evening that the football staff is aware of the incident, but said the Athletic Department would have no immediate comment.

Keller transferred to Nebraska from Arizona State last year, sitting out 2006 because of transfer rules. He'll be a fifth-year senior this season, and coach Bill Callahan has said he will compete with Joe Ganz and Beau Davis for the starting job.

Disturbing the peace is a Class III misdemeanor, punishable by up to three months in jail and a $500 fine.

Keller will appear in court April 26.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

sooneron
3/22/2007, 09:12 PM
The bad news for Huskers.....

he missed her with the cup!

:D

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2007, 09:13 PM
Sounds like he found a coke dealer in Lincoln. Good for him.

Octavian
3/22/2007, 09:18 PM
but, but, but....

they're the classiest fans in the world....their program is so squeaky clean and classy they'd never take someone like that...

can you imagine what they'd say about us if that happened to us?

XingTheRubicon
3/22/2007, 09:18 PM
pseudo Husker....

Drag her around the parking lot by her hair...at least slap her around. He's never gonna fit in if he thinks a limp wristed plastic cup toss is gonna cut it.

goingoneight
3/22/2007, 09:19 PM
:stunned: hoo cares its not a gooner so this infermashun is yuseless. :stunned:

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2007, 09:20 PM
but, but, but....

they're the classiest fans in the world....their program is so squeaky clean and classy they'd never take someone who'd snort up and then get in an altercation with a campus co-ed...

Yeah I can imagine. I've learned not to pay much attention to the classiest fans in the world though. The last 5 years or so of the Osborne realm cured me of that fallacy.

The whole cocaine deal is pretty hush hush around here, but it did leak somewhat. Not much doubt about why he had to leave ASU.

batonrougesooner
3/22/2007, 09:21 PM
Keller then left the area, "evidently looking for another parking spot," Oestmann said.

That part made me laugh.

tommie15
3/22/2007, 09:25 PM
but, but, but....

they're the classiest fans in the world....their program is so squeaky clean and classy they'd never take someone like that...

What? How does a quarterback throwing a cup reflect poorly on the fans?

Is this really a big deal?

goingoneight
3/22/2007, 09:25 PM
Keller then left the area, "evidently looking for another parking spot," Oestmann said.

That part made me laugh.

Callahan: ****in' hillbilly shouldn't have ****ed with my starting quarterback. Sheesh! I've had it up to HERE with ****in' hillbillies!!!

Sooner51
3/22/2007, 09:33 PM
At least he didn't park in handicap.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/22/2007, 10:21 PM

How do you know?

william_brasky
3/22/2007, 10:32 PM
Bitch stole my spot.

http://www.humoro.com/games/images/bitchstolemyfish.gif

Seamus
3/22/2007, 10:47 PM

That part made me laugh.

Yeah, he couldn't find a spot in Tempe, either. :cool:

Seamus
3/22/2007, 10:50 PM

He would have if he'd been at UCLA ...

RADsooner
3/22/2007, 11:51 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/v75thBoneman/bwahaha.jpg

RedstickSooner
3/23/2007, 01:04 AM
Dunno about you guys, but I'm siding with him on this one -- at least on what that story talks about.

Bitch steal my spot after I've been waiting patiently to pull into it? She's lucky if a plastic cup chucked at her is all that happens.

Also -- since when can you charge someone with disturbing the peace based on hearsay? If anything, shouldn't *she* be charged with disturbing the peace -- as she freely admits this was all her fault, since she claims that it all started because she took a parking spot he was waiting for.

World was pretty damned peaceful before this chick pulled her punk-*** move, yes?

Or am I missing something? I mean, aside from the humor in his missing the mark, of course ;)

Octavian
3/23/2007, 01:31 AM

Nah, not really.

Other than the fact that the Nebraska fanbase harps incessantly about the "classiness" of themselves and their program.

WTFE.

Don't get me wrong...not directed at you personally by any means.

But the NU boards are filled with posters who constantly expound on the so-called "dirtiness" of OU. They call Stoops a cheater...they bag on Switzer non-stop.

They were "classy" in the '90s when Switzer wasn't kicking their ***. They aren't classy when they're getting their asses handed to them by Stoops...much less Gundy and/or Texas Tech, Kansas, or any other historical mongrel. They've fallen off the national stage...they have a goon for a leader...and they silently know it. All that's left for many (not all) of them is their faux monopoly on the concept of "classiness" and their '96 Fiesta Bowl VHS tapes.

If this were an OU quarterback who fled his previous team over rumors of cocaine addiction, OU boards would be flooded by a steady barage of Corn trolls who claimed this was further proof that OU was a "dirty" program with dirty players. Their boards would be in complete joy about it.....us taking a cokehead quarterback who "attacked" a female student in a campus parking lot before the summer sun rose.

But since it happens in Lincoln....it's no big deal because everyone knows Nebraska is so "classy."

Especially them.

WTFE.

JLB
3/23/2007, 05:41 AM
Sounds like to much steroids.Doesn't roids cause sudden temper tantrums.

stoopified
3/23/2007, 07:41 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/v75thBoneman/bwahaha.jpg:)

finster
3/23/2007, 07:57 AM
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5909/samkellerio3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SoonerStormchaser
3/23/2007, 08:08 AM
There have been days outside Sarkeys where I would've done the same thing that he did...good thing I'm not a football player.

The VIIIth
3/23/2007, 08:21 AM
Sounds like to much steroids.Doesn't roids cause sudden temper tantrums.

Speaking of Roids...start taking notice of how many former NU players from the 74 on teams who are either dying or contracting cancers at very premature ages. There has to be a correlation to the rampant, chronic steroid abuse that Nebraska set the bar for back in TO's day. Cause and effect.

The VIIIth
3/23/2007, 08:30 AM
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5909/samkellerio3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200092664251

toast
3/23/2007, 09:08 AM
What is it with quarterbacks and plastic cups? First, The Idiot. Now Keller. I say bane all plastic cups!

;)

GrapevineSooner
3/23/2007, 09:23 AM
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Campus police cited Nebraska quarterback Sam Keller Thursday for disturbing the peace after he allegedly yelled profanities at a woman who took a parking spot he was waiting for in a campus parking garage.

The woman told campus police Keller got out of his car, yelled and threw a plastic cup at her car, said University Police Capt. Carl Oestmann.
I don't blame him.

Again.

Bitch.
Stole.
His.
Spot.

And I'm guessing she's the one who called the cops.

Bitch.

Hunyock
3/23/2007, 09:34 AM
Good thing for us that no mailboxes were within reach.:D

This is such a nonstory, but since it is Nebraska, it will make it on ESPN.:rolleyes:

boomersooner82
3/23/2007, 10:04 AM
I don't blame him.

Again.

Bitch.
Stole.
His.
Spot.

And I'm guessing she's the one who called the cops.

Bitch.

Yeah, but who gets out of the car and yells at a girl? Oh, Sam Keller and anyone else hopped up on nose candy.

Keller: "What is this! Amateur hour!!!"

royalfan5
3/23/2007, 10:56 AM
Geez you guys totally missed the standout tight-end from the 94-95 teams being arrested for child molestation, to focus on a disturbing the peace. You guys are slipping.

Seamus
3/23/2007, 01:09 PM
Cup is in great shape. Barely used. The car wasn't so lucky.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/94/46/bacd_1.JPG

ROFL!

sooner94
3/23/2007, 01:40 PM
http://i4.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/94/46/bacd_1.JPG

ROFL!

Wow, the kid does have a great arm!

newbreedofcat
3/23/2007, 02:07 PM
I had a similar idea to finster when I saw the news this morning:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p203/Joker4KSU/SamKellerCup.jpg

newbreedofcat
3/23/2007, 03:41 PM
Bitch stole my parking spot!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p203/Joker4KSU/KellerFish.jpg

tommie15
3/23/2007, 03:50 PM

Awesome! That is hilarious.

soonerboy_odanorth
3/23/2007, 05:51 PM

No, not really a big deal... other than your complete pr**k of a coach brought in, according to the 'zona folks, a complete pr**k of a locker room presence, and this appears to be an early return indicator of Husker-land meltdown.

As for it reflecting poorly on Husker fans these days... not so much. Rather, the crowing I've seen from some about how you 'skers are gonna RTD or RTO or whatever lame-a*s marketing slogan your brain wizards come up with this year with this jackass retread prima donna QB reflects poorly on the big red fan base.

:pop:

Hunyock
3/23/2007, 06:04 PM

Awesome!!! Could I use this pic as an avatar on a Husker site?

SoonerJLB
3/23/2007, 06:16 PM
Good thing for us that no mailboxes were within reach.:D

This is such a nonstory, but since it is Nebraska, it will make it on ESPN.:rolleyes:

I agree. But I would be concerned about Keller's arm and accruacy...he did miss the chick with the cup. :) Also, I hope he doesn't slide and panic and run out of bounds like Jim "Chrissy" Everett. Or Sammy will be known as Helen Keller.

goingoneight
3/23/2007, 08:56 PM
What is it with quarterbacks and plastic cups? First, The Idiot. Now Keller. I say bane all plastic cups!

;)

What will Zac Robinson and Booby Reid spit in then??? :eek:

goingoneight
3/23/2007, 08:59 PM
I've got a serious question, okay?

Who... guy or girl... calls the police after getting a plastic cup thrown at them? LMAO

How about, breathe, curse loudly, go home and get tha fark over it.

Seamus
3/23/2007, 09:06 PM
Who... guy or girl... calls the police after getting a plastic cup thrown at them? LMAO

Nebraskans?

finster
3/23/2007, 09:35 PM
WOW,This is not that big of a deal, But you have to go check out the drama queens on the corn board.

Example:
Just keep paying your taxes and feeding the criminal justice system as its slaves, especially you white hetero males like Keller who our society has villified. You can call me paranoic, until the jammed cattle cars are conveying you to a "rehabilitation camp."

http://65.98.70.3/vbbs/showthread.php?t=37586

insuranceman_22
3/23/2007, 10:43 PM
Dunno about you guys, but I'm siding with him on this one -- at least on what that story talks about.

Bitch steal my spot after I've been waiting patiently to pull into it? She's lucky if a plastic cup chucked at her is all that happens.

Also -- since when can you charge someone with disturbing the peace based on hearsay? If anything, shouldn't *she* be charged with disturbing the peace -- as she freely admits this was all her fault, since she claims that it all started because she took a parking spot he was waiting for.

World was pretty damned peaceful before this chick pulled her punk-*** move, yes?

Or am I missing something? I mean, aside from the humor in his missing the mark, of course ;)

I'd really like to agree with you on this, I'd get ****ed to. But be on his side, screw that he's a Fusker.......

Seamus
3/23/2007, 11:08 PM
screw that he's a Fusker.......

Pretty much the way I see it ... ;)

budbarrybob
3/24/2007, 01:47 PM

:D funniestest thing i did hear of today

Texas Golfer
3/24/2007, 04:18 PM
I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere. ESPN has this story and it seems to have slipped under the radar, as far as i can tell.

Husker QB Keller cited for disturbing peaceAssociated Press

Keller then left the area, "evidently looking for another parking spot," Oestmann said. Police later contacted Keller and cited him for disturbing the peace, Oestmann said.

Keith Mann said Thursday evening that the football staff is aware of the incident, but said the Athletic Department would have no immediate comment.

Keller transferred to Nebraska from Arizona State last year, sitting out 2006 because of transfer rules. He'll be a fifth-year senior this season, and coach Bill Callahan has said he will compete with Joe Ganz and Beau Davis for the starting job.

Disturbing the peace is a Class III misdemeanor, punishable by up to three months in jail and a $500 fine.

Keller will appear in court April 26.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I sure hope there's more to this story. The article doesn't state if there were any witnesses to this event or if it was caught on camera. It appears to be merely her words against his.

Texas Golfer
3/24/2007, 04:23 PM
I've got a serious question, okay?

How about, breathe, curse loudly, go home and get tha fark over it.

And what police force takes the time and effort to track him down to give him a citation for it without corroberating withnesses?

royalfan5
3/24/2007, 04:31 PM
And what police force takes the time and effort to track him down to give him a citation for it without corroberating withnesses?
The Junior Varsity Cops that make up the University Police force. This isn't the Lincoln Police Department, but the campus police who have nothing better to do than check parking, and for people urinating in parking lots.

goingoneight
3/24/2007, 06:59 PM
Nebraskans?

Thanks, Captain Obvious. :D No really, made me LMAO! :D

The VIIIth
3/25/2007, 04:51 AM
What is wrong in Nebraska that there are so many crimes against women and children by current and former players?

KETV.com

Former Husker Alford Charged With Sex Assault Of Child

Trial Date Set For May 21

POSTED: 12:16 pm CDT March 22, 2007
UPDATED: 12:42 pm CDT March 22, 2007
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Former Husker football player Eric Alford pleaded not guilty Thursday to first-degree sexual assault of a child.
The 34-year-old Alford was arrested in February when a 12-year-old girl told child welfare workers he had had a four-year sexual relationship with her.
The girl said the contact began as fondling in 2003 and developed into sexual intercourse about two years ago, according to Lancaster County District Court records.
Alford, who lives in Lincoln, played tight end for Nebraska in 1993 and 1994. If convicted, he could spend up to 50 years in prison. A Lancaster County District judge set a tentative trial date of May 21.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MamaMia
3/25/2007, 05:11 PM
My stars! How fortunate I feel to live in a town full of wonderful gentlemen. If a lady is at a parking spot or a stop sign, the men just motion us on. Who was there first, second, to the left or to the right doesn't matter. I have a wholesome respect for the men in this town.