PDA

View Full Version : Ranking of best combo FBALL/BBALL programs for 2006/07

footballfanatic
3/22/2007, 09:56 AM
Not a good year for OU. ATM is the highest ranked school in the Big 12.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/626953.html

meoveryouxinfinity
3/22/2007, 11:06 AM
Take a screen shot of that one.....

First time in a long time we'll see Okie State in the top 25.

garland sooner
3/23/2007, 07:19 PM
About the only time that Okie State has been above us in a poll.

oufan1
3/23/2007, 08:25 PM
Outside of 1 and 2 that poll makes NO sense

goingoneight
3/23/2007, 08:26 PM
Take a screen shot of that one.....

First time in a long time we'll see Okie State in the top 25.

Huh-WHAT??? Marist anyone? 6-6 anyone? That was a great bowl win... against a team who FIRED THEIR COACH for such a sh*tty season. Not knocking you, meoveryouxinfinity... just the publication. :)

OSUAggie
3/23/2007, 11:55 PM
Yes, OSU's never in the top-25 in any sport. :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2007, 11:59 PM

And if this was a thread about combined wrestling and golf rankings, you'd have some sort of a point.

Soonerus
3/24/2007, 12:19 AM
Total bulll ****tt...

OSUAggie
3/24/2007, 12:20 AM
Isn't half of it about basketball? Apparently my point isn't valid for that sport?

Frozen Sooner
3/24/2007, 12:26 AM
Isn't half of it about basketball? Apparently my point isn't valid for that sport?

Yes, half of it is basketball. The other half is football, a sport OSU struggles to crack the top 25 in-and in fact struggles to crack the top half of the conference in.

That being said, your comment was "Yes, and OSU's never in the top-25(sic) in ANY sport." This easy inference to make is that you somehow thought that OSU's admittedly great programs other than football somehow made it legit to rank OSU in the top 25 football/basketball programs.

Mind you, OSU lost in the first round of the NIT, so somehow pinning your claim to being a top 25 football/basketball school on that showing-which puts OSU somewhere in the top 65-97 basketball programs in the counry-seems a little off.

OSUAggie
3/24/2007, 12:33 AM
I have no doubt that it seems a little off, and I completely understand your statement regarding this year and for the most part I agree.

"First time in a long time we'll see Okie State in the top 25," and "About the only time that Okie State has been above us in a poll" seemed a little insane when speaking of football and basketball, and that's more of what I was referring to. It's not as if OSU isn't ever ranked in football (at some point), and they're typically around the top-10 most years in basketball (at some point).

This year, sure, the ranking is probably off, but it's not like it's a ****ing shock that OSU would ever be ranked ahead of OU in a poll such as this.

birddog
3/24/2007, 01:01 AM
the last time the pokes finished a football season in the top 25 was 1997 ( associated press #24).

here's a pretty cool link.

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/history/

goingoneight
3/24/2007, 03:29 AM

Look, impressive seasons are one thing... but a team that looked all Final Four at the beginning of the season, never made it to the NCAA, and didn't so much as sniff a conference title or a win in the NIT.
Football, as I said, since when does 6-6 with a bowl win over a team that FIRED THEIR COACH prior to the game get you in the top 25?

Maybe there is good stuff on the horizon for Gundy and Sutton, but they were no better at FB/BB than OU in 2006. At least OU got a conference title in one of the sports.