PDA

View Full Version : Malcom Kelly on Athlon's cover???

goingoneight
3/22/2007, 12:11 AM
Link (http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=831221)

Spring Break for Football, Too.

Reggie Smith and his teammates are enjoying a 12-day break from spring practices.

NORMAN, Okla. -- Often times, the breaks and holidays set in place for a college campus are lost on the student-athletes. For instance, Oklahoma's women's basketball team isn't getting a spring break this season, unless you count trips to Austin, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

The same cannot be said of the football team, which is getting a spring break in 2007.

The Sooners last practiced March 14 in an open scrimmage. This week, the squad joins the rest of the OU student body, sans a few other sports teams, in sunning on a beach or eating a lot of mom's cooking.

Oklahoma's team returns to the practice field Monday, March 26. Their next public performance comes March 31 in a Saturday scrimmage set for 11 a.m., at Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. With 10 of the 15 workouts still on the docket, plenty is yet to be accomplished.

The spotlight practice for most takes shape in the Red/White Spring Game, which is slated for April 7. ESPN is set to televise that event, which gets underway at 1 p.m.

Tickets for that event are on sale now from the OU Athletics Ticket Office. The number to call is 1-800-456-GoOU (4668). They're also available on the ticket portion of this web site. Cost for the tickets is $5 when purchased in advance, $10 the day of the game.

OU students with a current ID will be admitted free of charge.

Another football-related event on the horizon looms April 28-29 when the National Football League stages its draft in New York City. Again this year, it appears that several former Sooner players will be selected.

Notes: While he is not participating in spring practice this year (due to off-season surgery), WR Malcolm Kelly will don a uniform on Friday, March 30. He'll be posing for a cover photo that will appear on Athlon's preseason magazine ... also next week, several members of OU's offensive line will pose for The Sporting News after being tabbed by that publication one of the top o-lines in the country.

This makes me really happy about what OUr QB is stepping into since we have a proven OL, and 1st team All-America potenial at WR. NTM, AP and a talented RB corps as well. Great targets in JJF and JG, too.

goingoneight
3/22/2007, 08:13 PM
What, no love for MK??? After all those kidneys he gave you guys. :D

TheUnnamedSooner
3/22/2007, 10:17 PM
Woot!

47straight
3/23/2007, 02:52 AM
glad the guys get a spring break.

tennsooner
3/23/2007, 10:55 PM
Did I tell you all he is my cousin? ;)

goingoneight
3/24/2007, 07:01 PM
Did I tell you all he is my cousin? ;)

I'd tell you Malcom Kelly has got heart, but he gave that to me, too. :D

(sniffs) What a guy... (sniffs). :)

picasso
3/25/2007, 04:53 PM
but but what about Androgynous Bowman???? he's he's much better.

goingoneight
3/25/2007, 05:29 PM
but but what about Androgynous Bowman???? he's he's much better.

Yeah, the way he racks up stats with the powers such as Kansas and Montana A&M State Tech... no way that "gooner" is better. :rolleyes: :D

picasso
3/25/2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, the way he racks up stats with the powers such as Kansas and Montana A&M State Tech... no way that "gooner" is better. :rolleyes: :D
he's a stud but he did NOT make the catches that Malcom did last year.:rolleyes: :)

spatton713
3/25/2007, 06:13 PM
kelly will be the best receiver in the country next year bowman isnt top 5