PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing my best to love people I disagree with

Widescreen
3/21/2007, 01:28 PM
Sometimes it's difficult.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/8889/n6520121130341001664028yo7.jpg

Making the typical anti-capitalism statement.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7805/n6520121130340994162328gf8.jpg
Burning a soldier in effigy and burning an upside down flag.

Some of the photos in this set have things like "Israeli Apartheid" and other wonderful sentiments. Notice the cowards won't show their faces.

Oh, by the way. This took place in Portland, OR.

OUDoc
3/21/2007, 01:31 PM
Stupidity knows no boundries.

Hamhock
3/21/2007, 01:33 PM
if i was Coke or Burger King, I'd be ****ed.

Widescreen
3/21/2007, 01:35 PM
The entire set of photos is here:

http://linfield.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30340983&id=65201211&l=c6305

Ike
I completely support their right to freely express whatever it is thats going through their heads.

I also completely support my right (and everyone elses) to think that whatever it is that is going through their heads is completely retarded....if anything is actually going through their heads at all. I also support the right to point and laugh at these people.

Petro-Sooner
Simply wow.

landrun
3/21/2007, 01:39 PM
I've never understood Americans like this.
What is their vision of a good American?

Ike
3/21/2007, 01:40 PM
If I ever saw something like this in my own backyard...I'd be real tempted to make up a big ol sign that reads "we are a bunch of retards" and go join them.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 02:03 PM
I've never understood Americans like this.
What is their vision of a good American?

I'm convinced that 90% of the people at events like that are there to meet easy chicks, score some weed, and maybe get on TV. If some hot chick in your sociology class asks if you're going to "the rally" what are your going to do? (Assuming her unshaved pits aren't a deal breaker for you.)

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 02:04 PM
If I ever saw something like this in my own backyard...I'd be real tempted to make up a big ol sign that reads "we are a bunch of retards" and go join them.

I'M WITH STUPIDS ===>

I almost made the arrow point the other way. :O

Mixer!
3/21/2007, 03:42 PM
Is that aggy's Nascar Tech logo next to Pepsi's on that flag? :stunned:

EDIT: Nice to see that Apple has now joined the evil corporate empire. Somebody alert Steve Jobs.
:pop:

usmc-sooner
3/21/2007, 03:55 PM
so it's legal to light **** on fire as long if it's a protest? I'd be arrested so quick if I decided to head down town take off my shirt and ignite it.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 03:58 PM
so it's legal to light **** on fire as long if it's a protest?

That's how you go after flag burners: arson laws. No need for a constitutional amendment.

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2007, 04:10 PM
:mad:

NormanPride
3/21/2007, 04:16 PM
jk, don't take it personally... stupid people have to lash out at SOMETHING. And if other stupid people are lashing out at one thing, chances are the rest of the stupids are going to join in without really knowing what's going on.

SoonerStormchaser
3/21/2007, 04:17 PM
Makes me sad that I'm fighting for these people.

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2007, 04:18 PM
jk, don't take it personally... stupid people have to lash out at SOMETHING. And if other stupid people are lashing out at one thing, chances are the rest of the stupids are going to join in without really knowing what's going on.

yeah i know, and when i was on active duty, i never let it bother me

its a little different when you've got your own kid in a combat zone.......its just really personal for me.....i'm sure as the year drags on i'll become more numb to this stuff, but its fairly fresh for me right now

Tear Down This Wall
3/21/2007, 04:33 PM
At first, I thought you were saying all of this happened in the U.S.A. But, now I see it was in the People's Republic of Oregon. Those folks are just a hair behind Venezuela, Cuba, and Massachusetts.

Spray
3/21/2007, 05:23 PM
I wonder if they stopped off at McDonald's for a Coke after the rally? And if they make their own clothes? And if they walked home?

Mixer!
3/21/2007, 05:31 PM
Those combat boots prolly have cow in them. And I bet they din't make those sneakers either.

Jerk
3/21/2007, 06:30 PM
I'm not advocating violence or anything, yet if it were legal to shoot hippies, communists, anarchists, and other assorted pot-heads (to inlcude the Phelps cult) then I would have ran out of ammo a long time ago.

http://linfield.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012088&page=1&l=c6305&id=65201211

They sell buck and doe stamps in the fall. Why not sale hippie stamps, too? AFterall, deer are not nearly as worthless as these scumbags.

Jerk
3/21/2007, 06:35 PM
Where's a suicide bomber when you need one?

http://photos-038.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v64/140/6/65201211/n65201211_30341038_58.jpg

MamaMia
3/21/2007, 09:02 PM
These people are not hippies. They're nut jobs.

royalfan5
3/21/2007, 09:03 PM
And people wonder why I don't want to move west.

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2007, 09:12 PM
Gotta love the "peace" movement.

Crap like that goes well beyond freedom of speech. That is flat out treason.

Soonerus
3/21/2007, 09:14 PM
Stretching the 1st amendment to its extreme...

King Crimson
3/21/2007, 09:22 PM
Gotta love the "peace" movement.

Crap like that goes well beyond freedom of speech. That is flat out treason.

that's a classic, Tuba.

when it all comes to Disney Neocon fantasyland Tuba fruition, i know i want to live in the world where everyone is the last of the "freethinkers" just like you.

hang em all. "we ARE winning".... right? Treasonous bastards.

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2007, 09:26 PM
Oh, your so right.

Maybe they could just burn a REAL soldier next time, huh?

Better yet, instead of just pretending to kill our soldiers who are fighting in a war, why not just suit up as the enemy and really do it???? Why fool around with treason when you can just become a full blown enemy of this country, democracy and those who risk their lives to protect those things???

Jerk
3/21/2007, 09:37 PM
Oh, your so right.

Better yet, instead of just pretending to kill our soldiers who are fighting in a war, why not just suit up as the enemy and really do it???? Why fool around with treason when you can just become a full blown enemy of this country, democracy and those who risk their lives to protect those things???

I really liked them as 'human shields":D Oh, wait, that was uncalled for and kind of mean. Afterall, these are 'open-minded' people....(so much so that their brains oozed out of their heads)

These people being kidnapped and beheaded by the ROP would fit the bill. I can dream, can't I?

The threats of violence and revolution from the communists and the anarchists are a real joke to me.

Fraggle145
3/21/2007, 09:44 PM
I'm not advocating violence or anything, yet if it were legal to shoot hippies, communists, anarchists, and other assorted pot-heads (to inlcude the Phelps cult) then I would have ran out of ammo a long time ago.

http://linfield.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012088&page=1&l=c6305&id=65201211

They sell buck and doe stamps in the fall. Why not sale hippie stamps, too? AFterall, deer are not nearly as worthless as these scumbags.

I'd help you reload on those people. I think really it should be idiot stamps.

Jerk
3/21/2007, 09:48 PM
I'd help you reload on those people. I think really it should be idiot stamps.

You just hold the belt, mmk?

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/sterlinghayden30thumb.jpg

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1018/drstrangeloveorhowilearnedtostopworryin357iq2.png

King Crimson
3/21/2007, 10:01 PM
Oh, your so right.

so, now you are defender of "democracy". that's rich...

you are one of the biggest totalitarians on the board. if it ain't Tuba's way, it's morally wrong or commie.

you are the last of the freethinkers.

Harry Beanbag
3/21/2007, 10:22 PM
Oh, your so right.

Probably because they're a bunch of cowards.

soonerinabilene
3/21/2007, 10:45 PM
if you want to be anti-war, ive got no problem with that. you have the right to protest. but when you disrespect the men and women that are protecting your right to protest, thats more than over the line. its ridiculous and wrong and, you know, i cant really type on here how it makes me feel. say you dont like bush, say you dont want the troops over there, whatever. BUT DONT SAY ONE SINGLE BAD WORD ABOUT A PERSON IN THE MILITARY. They deserve more respect for what they do than any other occupation in the world.

85Sooner
3/22/2007, 08:24 AM
Lock and load . Mark my word, the day is coming.

King Crimson
3/22/2007, 08:29 AM
Lock and load . Mark my word, the day is coming.

great.

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2007, 08:54 AM
if you want to be anti-war, ive got no problem with that. you have the right to protest. but when you disrespect the men and women that are protecting your right to protest, thats more than over the line. its ridiculous and wrong and, you know, i cant really type on here how it makes me feel. say you dont like bush, say you dont want the troops over there, whatever. BUT DONT SAY ONE SINGLE BAD WORD ABOUT A PERSON IN THE MILITARY. They deserve more respect for what they do than any other occupation in the world.I agree...men and women in uniform do NOT make policy, they follow orders.

These freaks need there asses kicked by some of our uniformed folks.

RFH Shakes
3/22/2007, 09:14 AM
I like how in one picture some people are parading(sp?) around with a banner that says "NO GOD, NO COUNTRY, NO MASTER". Then in the next photo people are placing CROSSES as headstones...but here comes the best part, those crosses have a RED CRESCENT (the symbol of the muslim faith) on them. Truly a gathering of the stupid.

C&CDean
3/22/2007, 09:18 AM
great.

Dude, just a question. Are you actually supporting what these worthless ****s are doing?

JohnnyMack
3/22/2007, 09:19 AM
if you want to be anti-war, ive got no problem with that. you have the right to protest. but when you disrespect the men and women that are protecting your right to protest, thats more than over the line. its ridiculous and wrong and, you know, i cant really type on here how it makes me feel. say you dont like bush, say you dont want the troops over there, whatever. BUT DONT SAY ONE SINGLE BAD WORD ABOUT A PERSON IN THE MILITARY. They deserve more respect for what they do than any other occupation in the world.

You HAVE to be able to say bad words about the military. Or a certain race. Or a certain religion. Or any political leader you choose. Or even be allowed to protest a soldier's funeral. Otherwise, why are we fighting in the first place?

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2007, 09:23 AM
You HAVE to be able to say bad words about the military. Or a certain race. Or a certain religion. Or any political leader you choose. Or even be allowed to protest a soldier's funeral. Otherwise, why are we fighting in the first place?

I agree...men and women in uniform do NOT make policy, they follow orders.

These freaks need there asses kicked by some of our uniformed folks.Enough said.

C&CDean
3/22/2007, 09:24 AM
I'd love to see these "freedom souljahs" reaction if just a squad from my old unit came parachuting in. The little **** pumping his fist would be ****ting himself like an infant.

JohnnyMack
3/22/2007, 09:27 AM
Enough said.

That's like saying you shouldn't be allowed to be critical of a member of Religion X. After all the member of Religion X didn't set the policy, the Deity did.

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2007, 09:36 AM
That's like saying you shouldn't be allowed to be critical of a member of Religion X. After all the member of Religion X didn't set the policy, the Deity did.apples and oranges...If they want to burn effigies of Bush, Cheney, or whomever, go for it. They are the ones setting policy...not our military.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2007, 09:37 AM
apples and oranges...If they want to burn effigies of Bush, Cheney, or whomever, go for it. They are the ones setting policy...not our military.

exactly, if you want to end the war and exercise your freedom of speech, go after the actual policy makers.....the folks elected to office

you can burn Bush in effigy all you want.....

JohnnyMack
3/22/2007, 09:40 AM
apples and oranges...If they want to burn effigies of Bush, Cheney, or whomever, go for it. They are the ones setting policy...not our military.

I think when you sign up for something, you have to expect both supporters and detractors. If you join a religion, you'll have people supporting you and people saying you're wasting your time. If you join a political party it's the same concept. To say that you can't protest a policy because you don't agree with it is quite tyrannical.

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2007, 09:43 AM
I think when you sign up for something, you have to expect both supporters and detractors. If you join a religion, you'll have people supporting you and people saying you're wasting your time. If you join a political party it's the same concept. To say that you can't protest a policy because you don't agree with it is quite tyrannical.Please show me where I said someone should not protest against a policy? As a matter of fact, I even said
If they want to burn effigies of Bush, Cheney, or whomever, go for it. They are the ones setting policy...not our military.
Religion is a whole different level...again, apples and oranges.

mdklatt
3/22/2007, 09:44 AM
That's like saying you shouldn't be allowed to be critical of a member of Religion X. After all the member of Religion X didn't set the policy, the Deity did.

I don't think people (other than Tuba) are saying they can't protest in this way, but that they shouldn't. Burning a soldier in effigy, when most soldiers are just young kids doing what they honestly think is the right thing for all of us, is ridiculous. 99.99% of the military is not part of the problem.

picasso
3/22/2007, 09:55 AM
was that during a weekday? you know most people gotta work.

OU4LIFE
3/22/2007, 09:55 AM
so, it seems like everyone here agrees that burning the "soldier" is wrong, on whatever level. Or at the minimum "shouldn't" be done. Right?

Is the reason we all are thinking that way a direct product of where we live? Or where we were raised? Cause I gotta tell you, I just CANNOT figure out how anyone can think that burning a "soldier" is ok, regardless of where you're from.

this really ****es me off. I guess i'm juvenile that way.

JohnnyMack
3/22/2007, 09:57 AM
I don't think people (other than Tuba) are saying they can't protest in this way, but that they shouldn't. Burning a soldier in effigy, when most soldiers are just young kids doing what they honestly think is the right thing for all of us, is ridiculous. 99.99% of the military is not part of the problem.

I'm trying very hard not to place a value judgment on the actions of the protestors here. Whether or not I agree with what they're saying isn't important. What I'm saying is that they have a right to express their perceived frustrations with a specific policy.

mdklatt
3/22/2007, 10:01 AM
I'm trying very hard not to place a value judgment on the actions of the protestors here.

Why not? They have a right to do what they're doing, and we have the right to call them out for being *********s.

picasso
3/22/2007, 10:02 AM
I'm trying very hard not to place a value judgment on the actions of the protestors here. Whether or not I agree with what they're saying isn't important. What I'm saying is that they have a right to express their perceived frustrations with a specific policy.
I don't buy that one bit. I think they'd be bitching and anti-military if we were just doing police work in OBL's favorite camel farm.

some people just hate our country/government and what it stands for and does.

no solutions based on reality. just bitching.

also, I have read that many of these organized protests are funded by a U.S. communist organization. well no ****.:D

1stTimeCaller
3/22/2007, 10:05 AM
I'd love to see these "freedom souljahs" reaction if just a squad from my old unit came parachuting in. The little **** pumping his fist would be ****ting himself like an infant.

no doubt. It's not every day that old men in walkers come raining down in parachutes.

;)

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2007, 10:05 AM
I'm trying very hard not to place a value judgment on the actions of the protestors here. Whether or not I agree with what they're saying isn't important. What I'm saying is that they have a right to express their perceived frustrations with a specific policy.And from what I can tell most of us agree that everyone has the right to voice their dissent...just direct it at the right individuals. Protest till your *** passes out...I don't care. I just don't want my brothers and sisters in arms to be harrassed/burned in effigy/defaced/ridiculed or any other thing. I REALLY thought that this country had learned it's lesson about lashing out at our uniformed personnel after Vietnam.

I guess these freaks missed that part of American History. :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
3/22/2007, 10:07 AM
I don't buy that one bit. I think they'd be bitching and anti-military if we were just doing police work in OBL's favorite camel farm.

some people just hate our country/government and what it stands for and does.

no solutions based on reality. just bitching.

also, I have read that many of these organized protests are funded by a U.S. communist organization. well no ****.:D

But they have a right to do it. They have a right to organize a protest against the evil wretched doings of hamsters, or light bulbs, or NY style pizza places owned by lesbians.

picasso
3/22/2007, 10:11 AM
But they have a right to do it. They have a right to organize a protest against the evil wretched doings of hamsters, or light bulbs, or NY style pizza places owned by lesbians.
no you are right, agreed.

here's something I have recently noticed though. those who get on their soapbox most about freedom of speech do not want to hear the other side one frickin bit.

mdklatt
3/22/2007, 10:15 AM
here's something I have recently noticed though. those who get on their soapbox most about freedom of speech do not want to hear the other side one frickin bit.

You just noticed this?

Sooner in Tampa
3/22/2007, 10:16 AM
BINGO!!!!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2007, 10:34 AM
i agree with their right to demonstrate and even do what they're doing, as disgusting as burning a soldier in effigy is........however, while i agree with their method (or their right to express it), i can also vehmently disagree with their actual message

i'd never want anybody to lose their right to free speech

but there has to be some responsibility with that freedom

JohnnyMack
3/22/2007, 10:38 AM
i agree with their right to demonstrate and even do what they're doing, as disgusting as burning a soldier in effigy is........however, while i agree with their method (or their right to express it), i can also vehmently disagree with their actual message

i'd never want anybody to lose their right to free speech

but there has to be some responsibility with that freedom

Nicely put. I agree and am now done with this thread.

C&CDean
3/22/2007, 10:45 AM
no doubt. It's not every day that old men in walkers come raining down in parachutes.

;)

Heh. But you'd look pretty silly getting your *** whooped by a crotchety old man with a cane, yo.

OU4LIFE
3/22/2007, 10:46 AM
Heh. But you'd look pretty silly getting your *** whooped by a crotchety old man with a cane, yo.

I'll be the judge of whether or not he'd look silly.

get started.

Dio
3/22/2007, 04:32 PM

This once-great country is turning into a massive ****-hole because nobody wants to put a value judgement on anything any more. Some things are just wrong.

Widescreen
3/25/2007, 06:12 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=38e_1174691271&p=1

Video of the event. NSFW since the idiots chant some naughty words. I dare these people to try this in our neck of the woods.

Okla-homey
3/25/2007, 07:03 PM
I would only offer this. They're children. Literally. Someday, when they acquire some stuff, get jobs and mortgages and have kids, their views will change. In the meantime, its "cool" to hate Bush, be anti-war and act foolish for the shock value.

Me? I was anti-war in the seventies just like every "cool" kid. I grew out of it though.

picasso
3/25/2007, 11:04 PM
I've always been anti-sex.

still am.

tommieharris91
3/25/2007, 11:16 PM
At first, I thought you were saying all of this happened in the U.S.A. But, now I see it was in the People's Republic of Oregon. Those folks are just a hair behind Venezuela, Cuba, and Massachusetts.

And they have the SS officiating their football games.

tommieharris91
3/25/2007, 11:26 PM
Did anyone notice the flag was burned backwards in the first pic? Almost worth its own message.

Anyway, I hate seeing this. I think it's absolutely stupid for them to send messages by burning things in effigy. I've heard this many times, and I'll repeat it:

If you don't like living in the US, move out of the country.

Widescreen
3/26/2007, 12:51 AM
If you don't like living in the US, move out of the country.
Ironically, if they moved to a country that stands for all the things they supposedly do, they wouldn't have the right to do what they're doing.

WE HATE AMERICA (even though it afford us the freedom to show how much we hate it).

Octavian
3/26/2007, 01:04 AM
and conversely, if we didn't allow such stupid non-violent acts of protest, we couldn't claim to be a "free" nation.

The fact that we allow reprehensible forms of non-violent speech is precisely what we're fighting to defend....and promoting abroad.....isn't it?

Octavian
3/26/2007, 01:12 AM
to avoid any misunderstandings - I think that's amazingly stupid.

but they have the right to be amazingly stupid as long its non-violent...it allows the rest of us to think about their message and call them amazingly stupid.

olevetonahill
3/26/2007, 01:18 AM
Im gonna weigh in ,
ask Hanoi jane her opinion .
then exercise that opinion all you want .
Just dont ****ING do it in front of me ! ok ?

tommieharris91
3/26/2007, 01:33 AM
Burning an American flag kinda says you hate America.

SleestakSooner
3/26/2007, 04:44 AM
I've always been anti-sex.

still am.

Yeah but was that by choice or divine providence? ;)

Too bad these fools didn't have the balls to show their ugly mugs while practicing their right to free speech. I wonder how many of em would **** themselves if a bunch of fire crackers where set off during their rally? :eek:

def_lazer_fc
3/26/2007, 04:44 AM
eh, the flag with the corporate logos? ****s been played out for years. yawn. but the burning of fatigues? thats just wrong. no real "east coast ivy school hollywood latte drinking liberal" would agree with that. NO MATTER WHAT HANNITY TELLS YOU!!! don't drink the kool-aid. i know tuba is just salivating at this though.