PDA

View Full Version : Income Tax Thread

Mjcpr
3/21/2007, 08:54 AM
Filing electronically with direct deposit is the best invention since sliced bread. However, for the first time in years, we had to pay additional state taxes this year so I thought we'd have to print the form, send the check, etc, etc. But OTC allows online payments via credit card or e-check.

So, for those of you that owe Oklahoma income tax, you can still get the job done without the hassle of forms, checks and envelopes.

Here's to you Mr OTC Technology Guy!

Howzit
3/21/2007, 08:58 AM
I don't have state income tax.

http://www.seomoz.org/images/upload/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

crawfish
3/21/2007, 09:14 AM
I don't have state income tax.

http://www.seomoz.org/images/upload/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

How are those property taxes treating you? ;)

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:18 AM
So, for those of you that owe Oklahoma income tax, you can still get the job done without the hassle of forms, checks and envelopes.

Hmm, a $39 fee or a 39 cent stamp....

I filled out the forms this year.

C&CDean
3/21/2007, 09:19 AM

****in' A!! Mail early, mail often.

JohnnyMack
3/21/2007, 09:20 AM
You're just now doing that? I got that done in January.

:pop:

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:22 AM
****in' A!! Mail early, mail often.

It does seem like a crock to me that we have to supply our own postage for tax forms, though. As if we haven't sent those ****ers enough money already.

C&CDean
3/21/2007, 09:23 AM
It does seem like a crock to me that we have to supply our own postage for tax forms, though. As if we haven't sent those ****ers enough money already.

Uh, the IRS and USPS ain't the same people. Not even close.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:23 AM
I got that done in January.

You're unemployed and didn't have to wait for a W-2?

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:24 AM
Uh, the IRS and USPS ain't the same people. Not even close.

I know, but the least the IRS could do is provide return postage. Wouldn't that be cheaper than a first class stamp?

sooner_born_1960
If you owe money, why are we even talking about this now? Wait til April 15.

JohnnyMack
You're unemployed and didn't have to wait for a W-2?

Heh.

Nope. Got my W-2 mid month and my wife did our taxes one night while I was giving the kid a bath.

Awaits :dean:'s dissapproving headshaking in 5......4......3......2......1......

C&CDean
3/21/2007, 09:25 AM
I know, but the least the IRS could do is provide return postage. Wouldn't that be cheaper than a first class stamp?

Not for them. Business reply mail is a couple cents more than a stamp. And since they don't care about you, they're not gonna provide postage.

Howzit
3/21/2007, 09:26 AM
How are those property taxes treating you? ;)

This is the Income Tax Thread.

Keep up.

C&CDean
3/21/2007, 09:28 AM
Heh.

Nope. Got my W-2 mid month and my wife did our taxes one night while I was giving the kid a bath.

Awaits :dean:'s dissapproving headshaking in 5......4......3......2......1......

Nah. That's cool. It's common knowledge you're a flaming lib who relishes the feminine roles in life.

And my accountant does my taxes. He's a he.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:29 AM
Not for them. Business reply mail is a couple cents more than a stamp. And since they don't care about you, they're not gonna provide postage.

I'm saying, just add the damn cost of the postage to my taxes. That would be more cost-effective in the long run, as I'm sure all the returns sent in without the correct postage cause a lot of hassle for taxpayers, the IRS, and the USPS.

C&CDean
3/21/2007, 09:32 AM
I'm saying, just add the damn cost of the postage to my taxes. That would be more cost-effective in the long run, as I'm sure all the returns sent in without the correct postage cause a lot of hassle for taxpayers, the IRS, and the USPS.

Are you ****ing kidding me? This is the IRS. Do you honestly think they'd do anything to save us from hassle, cost, or inconvenience? Your idea makes way too much sense for the gubmint to adopt it.

Mjcpr
3/21/2007, 09:32 AM

There is no charge to pay by e-check on the OTC site; none that was disclosed anyway.

Or are you talking about the tax prep charge? I paid $9.95 for Tax Slayer and did federal and state with electronic filing of each. Well worth it IMO. It's not nearly as good as Turbo Tax but it works for the price.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:38 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me? This is the IRS. Do you honestly think they'd do anything to save us from hassle, cost, or inconvenience? Your idea makes way too much sense for the gubmint to adopt it.

If somebody forgets a stamp does the envelope get a post mark? If not, there has to be a lot of last-minute filers who miss the deadline because the tax return gets sent back to them. And then the IRS has to hassle them, and they have to fill out more forms, and then the IRS has to process those forms. So, give us prepaid return envelopes and it's a win-win-win for taxpayers, the IRS, and USPS.

Somebody should elect me to office somwhere.

Mjcpr
3/21/2007, 09:39 AM
File electronically.

YWIA

Sooner_Bob
3/21/2007, 09:41 AM

I haven't paid more than $10 to file electronically for the last 4 years.

Taxslayer is your friend.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:42 AM
There is no charge to pay by e-check on the OTC site; none that was disclosed anyway.

Or are you talking about the tax prep charge? I paid $9.95 for Tax Slayer and did federal and state with electronic filing of each. Well worth it IMO. It's not nearly as good as Turbo Tax but it works for the price.

The online prep charge. Last year it was free, but this year I couldn't find any online services that filed the state return for free. Plus, the online services either sucked *** or required me to have Windows XP. :mad:

:les: IT'S JUST A ****ING ONLINE FORM! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRING OS COMPATIBILITY TO THAT PARTY.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 09:44 AM
I haven't paid more than $10 to file electronically for the last 4 years.

That's still worth more to me than 10 minutes of paperwork and a 39 cent stamp.

Sooner_Bob
3/21/2007, 09:45 AM

I need to file our return at some point today . . .

Mjcpr
3/21/2007, 09:50 AM

GET 'R DONE!!

:D

Sooner_Bob
3/21/2007, 10:38 AM

Done . . . :D

skycat
3/21/2007, 11:03 AM
I tried to do mine last weekend, but I didn't have a bunch of stuff I needed. The forms I had from the few stock trades I did this year didn't have a cost basis on them, I didn't have an EIN for the kid's daycare, didn't have all of the information from my wife to make the proper deductions on her home office, etc...

This stuff was a lot easier when I was single and took the standard deduction.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 11:12 AM
This stuff was a lot easier when I was single and took the standard deduction.

Yep, the 1040LOSER form is the way to go. :D