PDA

View Full Version : USC at it Again....

Blues1
3/20/2007, 09:20 PM
Link http://www.collegefootballgazette.com/

I don't think this has been Posted -

The University of Southern California is looking into whether it may have violated NCAA recruiting rules while pursuing highly rated recruit Joe McKnight, a university official said.

McKnight signed a national letter of intent with USC in February and made comments during a news conference that seemed to suggest communications involving former Trojan Reggie Bush, who is now with the New Orleans Saints, might have occurred.

Former players are forbidden from telephoning prospective recruits, their relatives or guardians.

"We're aware of it, and we are looking into it," Southern Cal SID Tim Tessalone told the Associated Press late Thursday..

USC coach Pete Carroll denied that any call took place, and McKnight's prep football coach, J.T. Curtis, said the recruit misspoke during the news conference. Curtis stated that McKnight said "that he had actually not spoken with Reggie Bush, but had intended to say that he was thinking about buying a bush."

Carroll also denied that there was any relevance to the fact that McKnight's family recently moved into the $525,000 ranch-style home in LA recently vacated by Reggie Bush's family or that McKnight is now driving a luxury vehicle which bears a remarkable resemblance to the one Bush drove while on campus.

Eielson
3/20/2007, 09:27 PM
USC coach Pete Carroll denied that any call took place, and McKnight's prep football coach, J.T. Curtis, said the recruit misspoke during the news conference. Curtis stated that McKnight said "that he had actually not spoken with Reggie Bush, but had intended to say that he was thinking about buying a bush."

Yup, that's it.

swardboy
3/20/2007, 09:28 PM
I don't think I could even make this story up. Un-freaking-believable...

mdklatt
3/20/2007, 09:29 PM
The University of Southern California is looking into whether it may have violated NCAA recruiting rules while pursuing highly rated recruit Joe McKnight, a university official said.

How much you wanna bet they'll find out that not only did they not violate any NCAA rules, but that their research revealed a previously unrecognized championship from 1922? Hooray!

mdklatt
3/20/2007, 09:30 PM
Carroll also denied that there was any relevance to the fact that McKnight's family recently moved into the $525,000 ranch-style home in LA recently vacated by Reggie Bush's family or that McKnight is now driving a luxury vehicle which bears a remarkable resemblance to the one Bush drove while on campus.

Holy crap! I missed that at first. This has to be made up. Nobody is that stupid.

swardboy
3/20/2007, 09:36 PM
I would love to post this article on wearesc.com and add:
Na na na na, Na na na na,
Hey, hey, hey,
Goodbye!
But they have scoreboard (gaahhh)....

Scott D
3/20/2007, 09:41 PM
that final paragraph is the only thing in that story that isn't over a month old.

JohnnyMack
3/20/2007, 09:45 PM
that final paragraph is the only thing in that story that isn't over a month old.

Why do you hate Pearl Harbor?

Scott D
3/20/2007, 09:46 PM
Why do you hate Pearl Harbor?

because it had a ****ty 'love story' in the middle of it with Ben Affleck as one of the individuals in it?

sooner94
3/20/2007, 10:06 PM

Uh....Guess its just a coincidence.

Ring, ring, ring. Good morning NCAA, this is your wake up call.

BASSooner
3/20/2007, 10:10 PM
USC begged the NCAA buy giving them PS3s if they don't get them in trouble.;)

sooner518
3/20/2007, 10:12 PM
that website looks like a joke. no way that some of that stuff is for real

goingoneight
3/20/2007, 10:14 PM
Heh, that is the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard that they'll immediately get away with. :eek:

That's like a kid saying, "No I didn't write on the walls!!!" as he tosses the crayon into the room down the hall.

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 10:22 PM

Well "The College Football Satirist" is written right above the article about OSU and on Google search it comes with a "This site may harm your computer" warning.

But other than that.......

boomersooner28
3/20/2007, 10:39 PM
I hope my kid is good enough to play at SUC. I want a big new house and nice cars!

:texan:

BASSooner
3/20/2007, 10:42 PM
However, if you have a strong desire for marijuana, the University of Texas can supply every bit of it to you! You may get a surplus if you're lucky!

insuranceman_22
3/20/2007, 10:51 PM
Damn......enuff said on this one......

batonrougesooner
3/20/2007, 11:07 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire

SteelClip49
3/21/2007, 12:26 AM
When will USC be in trouble??? I keep hearing stories yet nothing has happened. I think the NCAA will just give up. It's hopeless. It's like Bush trying to find Osama. CAN'T DO IT. NCAA needs to do something now and get this crap over with.

OH btw, I am nothing like John Blake. I am a freakin college football historian and I do know my stuff. I should be updated to "probably not a troll" status or "a close confidant of Switzer."

Where's the love man.....

OU-HSV
3/21/2007, 07:36 AM
Exactly. And that last paragraph surely is a joke. If not, the NCAA should be all up on this...but I'm sure SUC will get another pass even if that last paragraph was true.

sooner518
3/21/2007, 08:57 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire
you might want to post this link for the 90% of the people who have posted in this thread talking like its for real

sooner94
3/21/2007, 09:48 AM
Doh..I fell for it. I should have clicked on the link instead of just reading the article.

Check out the link now. It has some good stuff on the OSU life insurance scam.

MamaMia
3/21/2007, 10:43 AM
"Thank you all for coming. I am very excited about playing football for the University of Southern California and look foward to the Spring, but I have to go now because I need to buy me a bush. "

Texas Golfer
3/21/2007, 12:49 PM
This USC story is too stupid to be believable. But, if it is true, how can the NCAA look the other way again?

BASSooner
3/21/2007, 08:32 PM
The NCAA won't even attempt to investigate USuC

KingDavid
3/21/2007, 11:58 PM
This article left out the part about getting to wear all of Reggie Bush's clothes and sleep the with same harem of college women that formerly served Reggie during his college tenure. Furthermore, it's alleged that McNight now receives home-made cookies and other care-package like contraband delivered directly from Reggie Bush's mother's own oven, and by her very hand. She does his laundry and ironing, too.

What a dumb-arse story.

goingoneight
3/22/2007, 12:01 AM
:stunned: at leest he dint get a used lexis frum big red sports and imports :stunned:

OU-HSV
3/22/2007, 11:18 AM
:stunned: at leest he dint get a used lexis frum big red sports and imports :stunned:
Post reported!...you spelled a couple of words right...you can't be a sheep humper if you're going to spell correctly. :D

The VIIIth
3/22/2007, 05:37 PM
Holy crap! I missed that at first. This has to be made up. Nobody is that stupid.

Man I had to make sure that wasn't an add on to the post. It actually reports that in the article!
:eek:

Monster Zero
3/23/2007, 08:52 AM
Uh....Guess its just a coincidence.

Ring, ring, ring. Good morning NCAA, this is your wake up call.
Nah, it wasn't him moving into that house and driving that car, it was someone else who just LOOKED LIKE HIM!

(Yeah, that's the ticket.)

landrun
3/23/2007, 12:03 PM
Okay. Let me say this clearly for those who don't seem to get it yet.
This story is not real. It is satire. A joke.

Don't get all worked up. It isn't real. :D

StuIsTheMan
3/23/2007, 12:21 PM
Okay. Let me say this clearly for those who don't seem to get it yet.
This story is not real. It is satire. A joke.

Don't get all worked up. It isn't real. :D

Well what about the Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny? They are real right? RIGHT?!

SoonerJLB
3/23/2007, 06:29 PM
Ah...you guys do know that the story is not true, especially the last two paragraphs.

goingoneight
3/23/2007, 08:17 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif "freakin moron." :rolleyes:

Damn keyboard doesn't come with the sarcasm button.

goingoneight
3/23/2007, 08:55 PM

I suppose next you're gonna tell me Santa Clause and Jesus aren't real, pfft right?

(obligatory Cartman)

Van Wilder
3/24/2007, 02:06 PM
Its definitely a joke because mcknight hasn't even graduated high school yet. But it was pretty funny.

THE Roy Williams
3/24/2007, 02:43 PM
USC really needs to get put on probation. That Reggie Bush incident is blatant and should not be tolerated. I am losing respect for the NCAA as they waste time.

goingoneight
3/24/2007, 02:50 PM
USC really needs to get put on probation. That Reggie Bush incident is blatant and should not be tolerated. I am losing respect for the NCAA as they waste time.

Somebody else wanna tell him? :D

OK2LA
3/26/2007, 02:38 PM
I heard from a reliable source that this story - although quite funny - is entirely true.

StuIsTheMan
3/26/2007, 02:58 PM
I heard from a reliable source that this story - although quite funny - is entirely true.

Originally Posted by StuIsTheMan

Well?